Lions News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LightninBoy View Post

Is there any evidence that Sweat or Young were divas, had terrible attitudes that would rock the boat and wreck the culture? How fragile is the culture if one single player coming in as a rental can threaten it?

Don't know, but...

I have faith that Holmes and Campbell (and Spielman for that matter) know what the fuck they are doing.

I don't have faith in message board GMs that are always looking for that big splash
    Last edited by CGVT; October 31, 2023, 04:16 PM.
    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Young's had some stuff away from the field dealing with injuries over the last couple of years, how much is on him vs that organization is anybody's guess.

Sweat went for what could be the 35th pick in the draft. The Lions weren't going to drop a 1st rounder to beat that offer even if they were interested.

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post

Don't know, but...

I have faith that Holmes and Campbell (and Spielman for that matter) know what the fuck they are doing.

I don't have faith in message board GMs
        If Sweat and Young weren't traded at all, that last sentence might have some merit. But Young was traded to an extremely successful team with an extremely successful GM. It was not just message board warriors talking about moves - it was GMs with more success than Holmes actually making the moves.

That said, I agree Holmes has earned some benefit of the doubt.

Comment

• Hopefully we appreciate the non-moves next year on draft day......Lets not forget Holmes haas found some great players from the second round on at a fraction of the cost of a Chase Young or Sweat.

Comment

• [QUOTE=LightninBoy;n1873904]

If Sweat and Young weren't traded at all, that last sentence might have some merit. But Young was traded to an extremely successful team with an extremely successful GM. It was not just message board warriors talking about moves - it was GMs with more success than Holmes actually making the moves.

Maybe they think those guys aren't better than what they have? Maybe they didn't think it was worth the asking price?

Maybe they think they just don't fit with what they are building?

Maybe it is all three of these reasons or maybe it is none of them, but they passed.

I really don't know, but I'm sure as shit not worried that they didn't sign them
            I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• "I hope to see the Lions in the Super Bowl before I die"
              My friend Ken L

Comment

• "I hope to see the Lions in the Super Bowl before I die"
                My friend Ken L

Comment

• Despite more or less easily winning the Raiders game last night, the clowns at PFT/Peacock want to blame Goff for the Pick 6.

Yes, it was a dumb play, but he came back afterward and was solid overall the entire game.

"I hope to see the Lions in the Super Bowl before I die"
                  My friend Ken L

Comment

• Anybody ever figure out what’s up Florio’s butthole related to the Lions?

Comment

• Good Grief Valenti is a dumbass.

"Whaaaaaa! We didn't make a big splash trade! Whaaaaaaa!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sanders Fan View Post
                        They are just not going to go after anyone who doesn’t fit the culture. It probably eliminates quite a few options but it looks like it’s been working for Holmes so far. I’m not gonna complain about it.
                        I am. Coach Dan was a high effort mediocre player and is biased towards guys like him. Too biased, in fact.

Sorry (not sorry) But if I can get Sweat for a second or Young for a third to put across from Hutch I'm doing it, "culture" fit be damned. Plus, who says those guys are malcontents or that they don't fit the culture. The narrative of Lion's slappies?

Bottom line is they kept a bunch of JAGs so they wouldn't upset the "culture". That's not how you build a SUPER BOWL winning team. Is it about the layup that has become winning the division this year for a Participation Trophy or is it about all the marbles?

We already know the division is ours for the taking. SF, Philly, Seattle, Chicago (wtf) made moves to improve at the deadline. The Smartest Guy in the Room (Holmes) stood pat likely being influenced by Campbell and Spielman.

The situation will not necessarily improve next year. They will have a harder first place schedule and there's no guarantee they'll be in such an advantageous position again.

Strike while the iron is hot.

This trade deadline has been a fail.
                        Apathetic No More.

Comment

• Whaaaaaaaa!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mainevent View Post
                            Anybody ever figure out what’s up Florio’s butthole related to the Lions?
                            I think he's a Minnesota Vikings fan.

Anyway, it's not my fault that they haven't been to a Super Bowl since I was a child in the 1970s, and it's not my fault that they're also 0-4 in the Super Bowl, along with the Buffalo Bills.

I also think that Buffalo has a better chance of getting to the Super Bowl right now than Minnesota currently does.
                            "I hope to see the Lions in the Super Bowl before I die"
                            My friend Ken L

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                              Good Grief Valenti is a dumbass.

"Whaaaaaa! We didn't make a big splash trade! Whaaaaaaa!
                              Valenti is 100% right.
                              Apathetic No More.

Comment

• The Lions do a lot.of.miximg and matching with the ends, linebackers and tackles They have been using a lot more three linebackers formations. And with that they are using Barnes and Campbell in rush positions. They also should have Houston coming back. As it is the front 7 has at least two healthy scratches.

I would like having either Young or Sweat but I don't think it was going to be a huge upgrade. I think the Lions believe the current crew they have is going to get better as the young players get more experience.

Comment

Working...
                                X