No announcement yet.

Lions News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lions ride Jahmyr Gibbs’ big night to beat Raiders as Jimmy Garoppolo struggles in return

By The Athletic Staff and more
    Oct 31, 2023

By Colton Pouncy, Tashan Reed and Vic Tafur

The Detroit Lions defeated the Las Vegas Raiders 26-14 at Ford Field on Monday night. Here’s what you need to know:

* The Lions fed running back Jahmyr Gibbs early and often, giving the rookie 26 carries. He totaled a career-high 152 yards and a touchdown on the ground.

* Despite Lions quarterback Jared Goff throwing a pick-six in the third quarter, he finished with 272 yards and a touchdown on 26-of-37 passes.

* Raiders quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo, who missed Week 7 with a back injury, struggled in his return Monday. He finished with 126 yards on 10-of-21 passing, tossing one interception with no touchdowns.

* After the game, Las Vegas coach Josh McDaniels was noncommittal about Garoppolo remaining the team’s starter. The QB leads the NFL with nine interceptions and the Raiders offense has failed to score more than 19 points in a game this season.

Jahmyr Gibbs’ big night

That was a breakout game for Gibbs. A career-high 189 scrimmage yards on 31 total touches, highlighted by a 27-yard touchdown run and a leap into the crowd to celebrate. This is why the Lions drafted Gibbs with the 12th pick. He’s a dynamic talent who’s a threat to take it the distance every time he touches the ball.

He’s steadily improved all season, and tonight’s effort was all the more impressive when you consider he ran behind backups along the interior offensive line. In front of a national audience, Gibbs picked a great time to show the NFL what he’s all about. — Colton Pouncy, Lions staff writer

Where things stand for 6-2 Detroit

It wasn’t the cleanest game for the Lions, but they’ll gladly take this win. The team improved to 6-2 on the season and has a two-game lead in an NFC North division that’s looking weaker and weaker. The Chicago Bears are 2-6, the Green Bay Packers are 2-5 and the 4-4 Minnesota Vikings are without star wide receiver Justin Jefferson and quarterback Kirk Cousins, who is done for the season with a torn Achilles.

The Lions, meanwhile, are in second place in the NFC ahead of the trade deadline and their bye week. It’s a good time to heal up and potentially add to the roster. Hard to complain about this start. We’ll see what Tuesday brings. — Pouncy

Timely defense kept Las Vegas alive

The Raiders were thoroughly outplayed throughout their loss to the Lions, but they trailed by just two points late in the third quarter thanks to some timely takeaways from their defense. When their offense took over with 5:29 left to play in the period, they had a chance to take the lead largely because Luke Masterson had forced a fumble, cornerback Marcus Peters came up with a pick-six and defensive end Maxx Crosby forced another fumble.

In the end, though, the offense that’s been struggling all year long failed to capitalize. They went scoreless in the second half, the defense eventually broke down and the Lions pulled away for the win. The Raiders had a chance to win a game they had no business still being in, but they squandered it. Now, they’re 3-5 with their season on the brink. — Tashan Reed, Raiders staff writer

Raiders’ offensive woes continue

The Raiders defense kept the Lions out of the endzone on three goal-to-go drives and even had an interception return for a touchdown by Marcus Peters. But the Lions still scored 26 points and that was way more than enough against a Raiders offense that has not cracked 20 points all season. Garoppolo was terrible, framing his performance with an interception on a short pass to Davante Adams in the first quarter and then a throw where he overthrew an open Adams deep in the endzone.

The Raiders used receiver Hunter Renfrow more than they had all season, perhaps in an effort to showcase him before Tuesday’s trade deadline, but that didn’t help. — Vic Tafur, Raiders senior writer

Key stats

The Raiders failed to complete a pass to a wide receiver in the first half.

Lions tight end Sam Laporta, who caught Goff’s touchdown pass, has four receiving scores this season. In college, he caught five touchdowns in four years at Iowa.

Highlights of the game

"I hope to see the Lions in the Super Bowl before I die"
    My friend Ken L

Comment

• Originally posted by whatever_gong82 View Post

Is that RGIII?
      "Yeah, we just... we don't want them to go. So that's our motivation."
      Dan Campbell at Green Bay, January 8, 2023.​

Comment

• Originally posted by Iron Lion View Post

Is that RGIII?
        It's his Twitter/X page, so yeah, unless it was AI.
        My friend Ken L

Comment

• The Lions had a vision for Jahmyr Gibbs, and he ran it to perfection in win over Raiders

By Colton Pouncy
          5h ago

DETROIT — On April 27, a little after 9:30 p.m., Jahmyr Gibbs was chatting it up with some friends at his NFL Draft party, unaware that his phone was about to ring with a call that would change his life forever.

You see, Gibbs thought he had time. Like, a lot of time. The whispers he’d heard before draft weekend told him he’d likely hear his name called somewhere in the 20s, maybe the teens. Aware of the position he plays and how running backs in this league are valued, Gibbs knew his time would come eventually.

He just didn’t know GM Brad Holmes would be on the other line, letting him know he’d soon be a member of the Detroit Lions as the 12th pick of the draft.

“(I) didn’t know I would get picked as high as I did because, you know, running backs don’t really get picked as high in this new-age era of the NFL Draft,” Gibbs told reporters that night. “Yeah, it was pretty shocking to me.”

Shocking to Gibbs, shocking to the outside, all part of the plan for the Lions. Holmes and company, equipped with two first-rounders, entered draft weekend plotting ways to walk away with Gibbs. Perhaps a trade-up from pick No. 18 would get it done, with Holmes hearing rumors of interested teams selecting him in the teens. Or maybe they’d be better off standing pat and taking him at No. 6 — something Holmes said he would’ve been comfortable doing had it come to that. No matter how it played out, Gibbs was a clear and obvious target for this front office, much to the chagrin of others.

But nights like Monday — a breakout game for Gibbs in front of a national TV audience, propelling the Lions to a 26-14 win over the Last Vegas Raiders — help explain why they felt he was worth the investment. Gibbs rushed 26 times for 152 yards and a touchdown behind an offensive line down three starters up the middle, and finished with 189 scrimmage yards overall.

“We wanted to get Gibbs going,” said Lions coach Dan Campbell, whose team improved to 6-2. “We wanted to be able to establish the run, and you could tell he was feeling it. … Every week, he’s just gotten a little bit better and a little bit better. I thought last week was his best game and this week certainly surpassed that. And I think the more he gains his own confidence in his own abilities in this league, he’s just going to continue to grow and I think this was kind of the tip of the iceberg, if you will, for what he is able to do and going to be able to do.”

When a team drafts a running back as high as Gibbs, immediate results will always be expected. It’s just part of the territory. Running back is viewed as one of the easier positions to find talent. Couple this with the shelf life of running backs and the natural injury concerns, and you have all the makings of a positional value debate that will make your head spin.

However, the Lions don’t view it that way. It’s Holmes’ job to improve areas of the roster that need it. All offseason, Lions coaches discussed their desire to turn 4- and 5-yard runs into 10, 20 or more. They felt they had a capable offensive line, but not the personnel at running back to make it happen.

Holmes hinted at it weeks before draft, telling a story of his days with the Los Angeles Rams and how they never regretted the years they got out of Todd Gurley after drafting him 10th overall in 2015. He said running backs are football players, and Holmes is in the business of acquiring football players. Last fall, he traveled to Texas to watch Gibbs play for Alabama and fell in love with his speed, the quickness, the acceleration, the pass-catching ability, you name it. He saw those same traits translating to the NFL game.

He didn’t hesitate to get his guy.

“At the end of the day, we acquire these players for a lot of different reasons, but ultimately, what are we trying to accomplish?” Holmes said on the final day of the draft. “We’re trying to win games. That’s why we acquire these players. I know a lot will be said about, ‘You acquired a running back in the first round.’ We didn’t acquire a running back in the first round, we acquired an elite weapon to keep our offense explosive in the first round.”

At times this season, though, Gibbs wasn’t asked to carry the load. He wasn’t lighting up the box score, relative to outside expectations. He didn’t always look comfortable, perhaps trying to do too much in limited opportunities. And he wasn’t getting the bulk of the touches, with David Montgomery around as a downhill runner capable of breaking tackles.

But eventually, the Lions knew they’d need Gibbs. And when they would, he’d be ready.

So, then, what better stage than “Monday Night Football”?

Gibbs was excellent against the Raiders. He was slippery. He ran hard between the tackles. He absorbed blows, made defenders miss and pulled away from them in the second level — showing all of the qualities that made him such an intriguing talent.

His 152 yards rushing are the fifth most a Lions player has produced on Monday night and the 10th most in a game by a rookie in franchise history. His 189 scrimmage yards are the sixth most recorded by a Lions rookie in a single game. Gibbs’ 564 scrimmage yards through six games are the third most in franchise history, trailing only Billy Sims (914) and Barry Sanders (569). Gibbs has produced 315 scrimmage yards and two touchdowns in his last two games — something that only two Lions rookies (Sims and Kevin Jones) have done before.

And, most importantly, Gibbs’ 27-yard touchdown late in the third quarter gave the Lions a 23-14 lead and some much-needed breathing room over the Raiders (3-5) on the way to their sixth victory of the season.

“The more reps you get, you’re going to get more comfortable in the league,” Gibbs said. “I feel like in the beginning, I was playing too fast. I was a little bit nervous and stuff. These (last) two games helped me progress as a player, and slow me down a little bit for my reads and all of that.”

In other words, Gibbs has arrived.

“He looked like he had a clear mind and knows the game plan well, so to see him out there doing what he does best, it was just — it was honestly crazy,” Lions right tackle Penei Sewell said. “I didn’t know he was that fast. He just makes it look effortless out there and it makes us look better.”

“We knew it was coming,” Lions defensive tackle Alim McNeill said of Gibbs’ big night. “Jahmyr’s been doing some stuff in practice that — I’ve never seen a running back that fast in person. We knew that was coming. It was just a matter of time, you know? He’s a rookie. It might take a couple of games, but you saw it tonight.”

Like it or not, Detroit’s vision in drafting Gibbs came into focus Monday night. The Lions knew they had a chance to field a competitive roster and were looking for ways to avoid offensive regression. Look around these days and what you’ll see is a Lions team that can beat you any which way offensively. They can beat you with Jared Goff’s arm when he’s in rhythm and letting it rip. They can wear you down with Montgomery’s power. They can beat you to the pylon with Gibbs and his speed. They can beat you over the middle with Amon-Ra St. Brown and Sam LaPorta. They can beat you over the top with Jameson Williams when he’s engaged. They can even do it defensively when everything’s clicking.

The Lions now head into a much-needed bye week. Five of their six wins have been by double digits. They’re alone in first place in the NFC North and are second in the NFC overall, behind the 7-1 Philadelphia Eagles. They have a chance to get healthy coming out of the bye and stronger out of the trade deadline, if they choose to make a move.

There’s no one way to build a roster, of course. Every franchise in contention is doing so with a process that has worked for those in charge. And when the Lions are winning like this, it’s hard to fault the process that led them here and led them to Gibbs.

What you saw Monday evening was a vision turned reality.

Colton Pouncy is a staff writer for The Athletic covering the Detroit Lions. He previously covered Michigan State football and basketball for the company, and covered sports for The Tennessean in Nashville prior to joining The Athletic. Follow Colton on Twitter @colton_pouncy

My friend Ken L

Comment

• 'It's humbling': Lomas Brown inducted into Pride of Lions

Nolan Bianchi
            The Detroit News

Detroit — It was difficult to get an interview with Lomas Brown ahead of the Detroit Lions' Monday Night Football game against the Las Vegas Raiders.

Brown, the former All-Pro tackle who played 11 seasons in Detroit and current Lions radio color analyst, was surrounded by family, close friends, and plenty of strangers who couldn't help but approach and congratulate him on his halftime induction into the Lions' ring of honor, known as the Pride of the Lions.

Lions team president Rod Wood surprised Brown with news of his induction on the WXYT-FM (97.1) radio broadcast prior to the team's preseason opener against the New York Giants. Though this day has been a long time coming, the 60-year-old Brown said he's still having trouble wrapping his head around the honor.

"This has been so crazy. Even outside walking in, I mean, I got a standing ovation and I'm like, 'Wow,'" Brown told The Detroit News. "So it's humbling. It really is, man, especially as long ago as I played here and the people that remember it, it's special."

Pride of the Lions is a permanent display at Ford Field honoring the franchise's all-time greats.

Brown made 251 starts over 18 NFL seasons. In addition to his 11-year stint in Detroit, he played three seasons with the Arizona Cardinals, two with the New York Giants and one each with the Cleveland Browns and Tampa Bay Buccaneers. He was named a first-team All-Pro in 1995, his final season with the Lions, and was named second-team All-Pro on four other occasions while making seven Pro Bowls. Brown blocked for Hall-of-Fame rusher Barry Sanders from 1989 until his departure.

Brown was named to the Lions' All-Time Team in 2019, the league's centennial season. He won a Super Bowl in his 18th and final season, which came with Tampa Bay. The Florida alum was inducted into the College Football Hall of Fame in 2020. He replaced former color analyst Jim Brandstatter on the WXYT-FM broadcast in 2018.

The Lions honored Brown with a halftime ceremony led by fellow Pride of the Lions member and special assistant to the president/CEO and chairperson, Chris Spielman.

"Since retiring, Lomas has made Detroit his home and continues to lead through his impact on youth in the greater Detroit area and is a Lions legend with his countless hours in our community," Spielman said.

"On behalf of the Lions organization, myself, the Hamps, the Ford family, and all of the members, it's a privilege to welcome you into the Pride of the Lions."

Brown shared the night with his wife, Wendy, his five children, and grandchildren. From his work on the football field to his work off it, he is known for many things, but perhaps nothing more than his friendly demeanor and positive spirit.

"Life is good. It really is, man. I think every day that we're up above ground, it's a good day," Brown said.

Of course, when it's all said and done, Monday night will have to rank amongst the best he's had.

"I got so many emotions going through me right now," Brown said. "Hopefully the emotions won't pour out."

nbianchi@detroitnews.com

Twitter/X: @nolanbianchi

My friend Ken L

Comment

• Lions' 'outstanding' defense lifts offense, fuels bounce-back victory over Raiders

Justin Rogers
              The Detroit News

Detroit — The Detroit Lions didn't make it easy on themselves Monday night against the Las Vegas Raiders. But despite multiple, self-inflicted wounds by the team's offense, including a trio of turnovers, the defense rebounded from its dismantling in Baltimore a week earlier to propel the team to victory at Ford Field, 26-14.

After giving up more than 500 yards to the Ravens their last game, the Lions (6-2) held the Raiders offense to 157 yards and seven points, with the other half of the opposition's scoring coming via a second-half pick-six.

"It wasn’t perfect, but ultimately we got what I wanted to get out of it and you come away with a win," Lions coach Dan Campbell said. "I thought our defense played outstanding. Outstanding. When you play defense like that, you can beat anybody."

It should have been a blowout, far bigger than the double-digit final margin, but Detroit's offense couldn't get out of its own way. And it wasn't that the Lions struggled moving the ball; it was getting into the end zone that proved problematic much of the evening.

After the teams exchanged turnovers, including safety Kerby Joseph's first interception of the season, the Raiders (3-5) coughed it up on downs near midfield. From there, the Lions were able to extend their lead to six, then nine, on two more Riley Patterson field goals. The Lions got into the red zone both possessions, but struggled with negative plays inside the 20-yard line.

Allowed to hang around, the sluggish Raiders offense finally found life in the second quarter, leaning heavily on running back Josh Jacobs, the NFL's leading rusher a year ago. Carrying the ball seven times for 37 yards, he capped the response to Patterson's third field goal with a 3-yard touchdown run, slicing the deficit to two, 9-7.

But the Lions were able to counter before the half, finally finding paydirt with under a minute remaining in the second quarter. Quarterback Jared Goff completed all six of his passes during the series, culminating with an 18-yard scoring strike to tight end Sam LaPorta that put the Lions up 16-7 at the break.

Goff was excellent in the first half, completing 20 of his 26 passes for 225 yards and the touchdown. He finished 26-of-37 for 272 yards.

But turnovers continued to plague the Lions coming out of the locker room. Under duress from pressure up the middle, Goff unleased a back-foot throw toward Amon-Ra St. Brown along the right sideline, but Raiders cornerback Marcus Peters stepped in front of the pass to snag an interception. Avoiding Goff's tackle attempt at midfield, Peters returned the pick 75 yards for a touchdown.

And when it appeared the Lions were poised to retort, driving inside the Raiders' 5-yard line behind the running of Gibbs and Craig Reynolds, the latter lost a fumble that the visitors recovered.

"Yeah, it was good minus the turnovers," Goff said. "Again, that’s the critical thing. Yeah, we overcame them and our defense was a big part of the reason why. We scored 26, whatever we ended up scoring, but felt like it should’ve been about 40 or so."

Detroit's defense answered the bell over and over, including after Reynolds' fumble, forcing a quick three-and-out. With new life, good field position, and benefiting from an 18-yard pass interference play, the Lions needed just two snaps to return to the end zone.

Gibbs took a handoff around the right edge of his line and raced 27 yards for his second touchdown in as many weeks, pushing their lead back to two scores, 23-14. Gibbs said he knew he would score as soon as he saw he had the angle on the defense.

“O-line did a great job," Gibbs said. "I trusted them. I always have trust in them. You’re hitting that spot in practice all week. We knew that spot was going to be open and you know, just got to jump through and make a play."

That carry pushed Gibbs over the 100-yard mark. He ended with 152 rushing yards on 26 carries, leading a ground game that finished with a season-high 222 yards.

Detroit's defense, meanwhile, kept Las Vegas quiet, forcing a third consecutive punt to open the half. That led to another Patterson field goal, this time for 52 yards out. The kick was converted despite the Raiders tipping the ball at the line of scrimmage.

"I told the team the most important thing about this game was us getting our identity back," Campbell said. "That was what all the work that we put in this week was about, the whole focus was about getting back to what we do, and that was the most important thing and that really showed through today."

The Lions had a chance to push the lead to 15 late in the fourth quarter, but Patterson missed a chip shot field goal.

The Lions will enter their bye week with firm control of the NFC North division. They'll return to play the Los Angeles Chargers on the road, Sunday, Nov. 12.

jdrogers@detroitnews.com

Twitter/X: @Justin_Rogers

My friend Ken L

Comment

• "I hope to see the Lions in the Super Bowl before I die"
                My friend Ken L

Comment

• "I hope to see the Lions in the Super Bowl before I die"
                  My friend Ken L

Comment

• So maybe Holmes making a big swing.
                    Last edited by Mainevent; October 31, 2023, 11:20 AM.

Comment

• Detroit Lions report card: Secondary, makeshift O-line impress in victory over Raiders

Justin Rogers
                      The Detroit News

Detroit — Justin Rogers grades the Detroit Lions' performance in their 26-14 win over the Las Vegas Raiders.

Quarterbacks

Jared Goff was incredible in the first half. Despite facing a little extra pocket pressure while dropping back behind a makeshift interior of his offensive line, he managed to complete 20-of-26 through two quarters, including a dart of a touchdown in between zone defenders in the final minute before the break.

Goff's arm wasn't needed nearly as much down the stretch, but a critical error, a pick-six in the third quarter, kept the Raiders' hopes unnecessarily alive. Grade: B

Running backs

Jahmyr Gibbs' delivered a breakout performance, racking up 152 yards on the ground, which included a 27-yard touchdown romp around the right side of his offensive line. The rookie added another 37 yards on five catches out of the backfield, carrying Detroit's offense.

Additionally, the Lions also got strong contributions from backup back Craig Reynolds, who chipped in 74 yards on 14 carries, with most of that coming in the second half. The only downside from the tandem was a fumble lost by Reynolds inside the 5-yard line. Grade: B+

The pass-catchers also had some miscues, with Josh Reynolds losing a fumble in Detroit territory and Jameson Williams dropping another pass, but the collective was otherwise solid. Amon-Ra St. Brown overcame flu-like symptoms over the weekend to pace the team with six grabs and 108 yards. Meanwhile, rookie tight end Sam LaPorta had multiple chain-moving grabs and was on the other end of Goff's lone touchdown toss, running a smooth post pattern into space for the score.

The weirdest play was supposed to be a double pass, but despite Kalif Raymond coming open, St. Brown opted not to throw it after taking the lateral from Goff, resulting in the only sack the Lions gave up on the night. Grade: B

Offensive line

Was it perfect? No. Was it pretty dang good given the Lions were starting three guys who started the season on the bench? Absolutely. Sure, Goff faced some pressure in the pocket, including some up the middle on his pick, but the starting QB wasn't sacked once. On top of that, the Lions ran for a season-high 222 yards. It's an impressive showing, any way you slice it. Grade: A-

Defensive line

The Lions got back to doing what they do best, shutting down the run. More than half of running back Josh Jacobs' 61 yards came on one series. Otherwise, he didn't do much. And the pass rush might not have gotten home in the first half, but Detroit's front delivered three of the team's six sacks across the final two quarters. Grade: A

Linebackers

Alex Anzalone continued his stellar season, coming up with a pair of third-down stops early in the contest, recording two sacks in the second half, and leading the team with five solo tackles. Jack Campbell and Derrick Barnes were a little more quiet, with six combined stops, but the group collectively played their part in shutting down the Raiders' ground game. Grade: A-

Secondary

After getting torched by Lamar Jackson a week ago, Detroit's cornerbacks committed to playing more aggressively early in routes, giving Raiders quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo limited windows to operate. Cornerback Cam Sutton was brilliant following star receiver Davante Adams around the field, limiting him to one catch on seven targets.

Jerry Jacobs was equally sticky on the opposite side, while safety Kerby Joseph came up with his first interception of the year with excellent positioning on a deep ball intended for Adams. Grade: A+

Special teams

Riley Patterson made four of his five field goal attempts, even powering home a 52-yarder that was tipped at the line, only to miss a 26-yard chip shot in the closing minutes of the game. As for Jack Fox, he punted just once, but it was a booming 48-yarder that had to be fair caught.

The play of the day for the unit was a squib kick by Fox on a late-game kickoff, which stellar return man DeAndre Carter struggled to field cleanly, leading to the Raiders getting pinned at their own 2-yard line. Grade: B+

Coaching

Defensive coordinator Aaron Glenn made some outstanding adjustments after his unit was embarrassed by the Ravens. The coverage played tighter, the blitzes were well-timed and designed, and the Raiders' best weapons were neutralized.

Offensively, the Lions were far better than they were a week ago, and it was easy to like the game-long commitment to Gibbs and the run, overall. But there were times where it felt like play-caller Ben Johnson got too cute, resulting in points being left on the board. Grade: B

jdrogers@detroitnews.com

My friend Ken L

Comment

• A first is rich for Young at this point. Definitely do a 2nd, but I assume so would Chicago.

Comment

• I think the Lions stand pat. The talk last night of not screwing with the locker room chemistry was on point.
                          I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Emotional Dan Campbell reflects on 2021 Detroit Lions: 'I'll never forget those guys'

Justin Rogers
                            The Detroit News

Detroit — In his first season as the Detroit Lions coach, Dan Campbell famously got emotional during his postgame press conference after a crushing loss to the Minnesota Vikings. Campbell's authenticity is part of his charm and he's never been ashamed to wear his heart on his sleeve.

In a pregame interview with ESPN's "Monday Night Countdown," Campbell again was overtaken by an emotional wave when talking about that 2021 team, which wasn't able to secure its first win until its 12th game.

"I just appreciate guys that lay it on the line," Campbell said. "Maybe you're outnumbered, maybe you're not the most talented, maybe the odds are against you, nobody believes you, and I respect the hell out of those guys that will fight. That's what we're about. That's what we're about, man. That's how we roll here. That's why I'm emotional."

Campbell said the Lions' identity hasn't changed in his three years at the helm. The only difference is they now have the talent to compete with the league's top teams.

"We're the same, gritty team, we're just more talented," Campbell said. "That's what I would say. The core of that (2021) group, man, you talk about a bunch of dudes that were going to battle. We just didn't quite have the horses we've got now, but those guys, talking about laying it on the line and going toe-to-toe with anybody and willing the fight to the end. I'll never forget those guys."

Grit has been Detroit's motto under Campbell, which is a reflection of his own playing days. He admitted in the interview that he never had the most talent, so he build his career around being a good teammate, both by being reliable and accountable.

And he's never going to apologize for showing emotion.

"This is me," Campbell said. "I want my players to know this is me. That's just who I am. When it starts to brew, I can't help it. It doesn't happen all the time, but there are things that trigger me. I'm an emotional person. I feel things. I can feel. But ultimately, whatever comes out, man, that's the thing here, I want to be me."

jdrogers@detroitnews.com

My friend Ken L

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                              I think the Lions stand pat. The talk last night of not screwing with the locker room chemistry was on point.
                              Me too.

"And he's never going to apologize for showing emotion.

"This is me," Campbell said. "I want my players to know this is me. That's just who I am. When it starts to brew, I can't help it. It doesn't happen all the time, but there are things that trigger me. I'm an emotional person. I feel things. I can feel. But ultimately, whatever comes out, man, that's the thing here, I want to be me."
                              -----------------------------------------------------I'm emotional like that. Not really comfortable showing. Any TV/movie event I'm going to start sniffling and getting choked up at least once usually numbers of times. It's embarrassing.
                              Last edited by DanO; October 31, 2023, 11:49 AM.
                              GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

• Originally posted by ghandi View Post

They said last night the Raiders have 9 former Patriots on the roster...sound familiar?
                                I remember them saying that and I thought no wonder they suck.
                                "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

Working...
                                X