• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I đź’™ Amon-Ra.

#birdsarentreal

Comment

• Originally posted by Mainevent View Post

Steelers have won 10 of their last 14 games.
      Lions have won 11 of their last 14 games..
      "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Originally posted by -Deborah- View Post

Ha!!!
        You’re a sicko! That’s fantastic
        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Last edited by whatever_gong82; October 12, 2023, 11:09 AM.
          "I hope to see the Lions in the Super Bowl before I die"
          My friend Ken L

Comment

• "I hope to see the Lions in the Super Bowl before I die"
            My friend Ken L

Comment

My friend Ken L

Comment

My friend Ken L

Comment

• A wild but fun take by a reporter covering another team, and that fan's response:

My friend Ken L

Comment

• A awful bit of history happened on this day in 2008, the 0-16 season:

My friend Ken L

Comment

My friend Ken L

Comment

• Why are they not putting Mosley straight to the IR
                        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by whatever_gong82 View Post

I think Ben Johnson is going to make an awesome HC. I just wish it weren’t so soon
                          F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• LaPorta missing practice. Huh, that’s new. Hope it’s nothing long term like Paschal’s practice week injury…

Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
                            I think Ben Johnson is going to make an awesome HC. I just wish it weren’t so soon
                            Just don’t let the Bears or Patriots hire Ben Johnson. That’s all I’m asking for…. I would imagine the Lions have someone internally as a shadow for Johnson… Cross training. Promote from within as Johnson rightfully gets an opportunity next offseason.
                            AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• From Barnwell at ESPN - trade proposal column:
                              Lions go all-in for a star defender

Lions get: EDGE Danielle Hunter, 2024 fifth-round pick
                              Vikings get: 2024 second-round pick, EDGE James Houston, 2025 third-round pick (conditional)

The Lions should go for it, right? At 4-1, they're well ahead of the NFC North and just a game back of the 49ers and Eagles at the top of the conference. Aidan Hutchinson is playing like a Defensive Player of the Year contender, but no other Lions defender has more than two sacks. Houston, who surprisingly had eight sacks as a rookie last season, is out indefinitely after fracturing his right ankle in Week 2. Veteran Romeo Okwara hasn't been the same since tearing his Achilles several years ago. While Charles Harris is a solid player, Detroit could dream of adding a second star across from Hutchinson on the edge.

Hunter is probably the best player with a realistic chance of being moved by this deadline. The 28-year-old standout has six sacks and a league-high nine tackles for loss through five games this season. He landed a one-year, $17 million deal after a hold-in this summer, but with free agency looming and the Vikings repeatedly reticent to offer him a new deal, he is likely to leave the organization in the offseason. Danielle Hunter has 77 career sacks with the Vikings, including six this season. He's a free agent in 2024, however. (Photo by Bailey Hillesheim/Icon Sportswire)
                              Other teams know that, which is why the Vikings wouldn't be likely to land a first-round pick for a player with three months remaining on his deal, even given Hunter's pedigree, 2023 production and age. The acquiring team would get to recoup a potential compensatory pick for him in free agency if it lost him, although that pick would be canceled out if the team spent on new free agents accordingly.

Trading Hunter would save the Vikings $8.3 million over the remainder of 2023. They would land Houston -- who looks like a promising pass rush prospect with two years of team control remaining through restricted free agency -- and a second-round pick in April's draft. They would also get a third-round pick in 2025 if Hunter re-signs with the Lions in free agency.

Most teams wouldn't be willing to trade a standout within their own division, but Minnesota general manager Kwesi Adofo-Mensah seems to relish making deals in the NFC North. The Lions traded up with their rivals to land wideout Jameson Williams in the 2022 draft then sent tight end T.J. Hockenson to the Vikings for draft picks last fall. A then-struggling Detroit team was sending a starter to the first-place Vikings. Now, those roles are reversed.

​

Comment

• Not a bad idea.
                                Holmes and the Vikings GM have made a few trades with each other… specifically the Lions helping the Vikings with the Hockenson trade.

Danielle Hunter returning to 2022 form would make the Lions edge rushes very difficult to stop.
                                AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

Working...
                                X