No announcement yet.

Lions News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wouldn’t give up anything more than a 2nd rounder for him. Non firsts as he’s 30 years as old
    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick Pappageorgio View Post

but if we trade for the guy doesn't LV eat the dead cap on the signing bonus (and the "restructure bonus")? Adams' next year's salary is guaranteed at 16.8m (which is a steal for a guy like Adams).

It depends what they'd want in return....but yeah.
      Yep, the dead cap hit is a problem for the Raiders. I would take him in a New York minute, but I don't have a good feel for how the Lions are planning to extend the current players. If you are only paying him 17 million next year or you can revise the contract to lower the next three years, sign me up.

It's exactly what they need, but the offense is pretty good right now, he would bring it up a level. I have no handle on what he would fetch in terms of a trade. NFL trades don't make sense like the other leagues.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
        If it’s a second rounder and he reworks that shit, I’d probably do it. Our team is legit and he’s a game changer. Push the chips in on this year.
        Typically you have to do damage in the playoffs and then take a legit shot the next year. Not everyone is the 1999 St Louie Rams.
        "Yeah, we just... we don't want them to go. So that's our motivation."
        Dan Campbell at Green Bay, January 8, 2023.​

Comment

• FB_IMG_1695836397452.jpg
          #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Yeah, OK, I've been SOL for a long time. Whatever the outcome, this year is fun.
            Evil Parallel Universe Lions fans: You will believe in NOW! Comply or suffer the consequences.

This sig brought to you by Omni Consumer Products. For all your consumer product and government needs, OCP has the approved solution for you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Meano.Culpa View Post
              Yeah, OK, I've been SOL for a long time. Whatever the outcome, this year is fun.
              Yep. It has been a long time, if ever, since I have felt that the Lions have a legitimate shot at winning every game they play.
              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Last time I had this much fun watching the Lions was watching Shaun Rogers take a 66-yard pick-six to the end zone.

(Mods, please ban anyone who reminds me of how that season turned out. Or maybe make them watch an unskippable video of the refs picking up the PI flag on Hitchens.)
                Evil Parallel Universe Lions fans: You will believe in NOW! Comply or suffer the consequences.

This sig brought to you by Omni Consumer Products. For all your consumer product and government needs, OCP has the approved solution for you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Forsh View Post
                  I honestly thought it was supposed to be ... ya know ... A BRANCH
                  I did too.
                  "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Originally posted by Meano.Culpa View Post
                    Yeah, OK, I've been SOL for a long time. Whatever the outcome, this year is fun.
                    Ford Field was absolutely rocking for Atlanta. I expect to see another strong Lions presence in Green Bay tomorrow. I'm half tempted to drive up for it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Iron Lion View Post

Typically you have to do damage in the playoffs and then take a legit shot the next year. Not everyone is the 1999 St Louie Rams.
                      Normally I’d agree with you but I’m having a hard time seeing us making a run this year and retaining Ben Johnson next year. It’s a miracle he even came back.

It’s not game over if he leaves but it’s a major knock
                      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mainevent View Post

Ford Field was absolutely rocking for Atlanta. I expect to see another strong Lions presence in Green Bay tomorrow. I'm half tempted to drive up for it.
                        Oh man that would be awesome. How far is the drive for you?
                        F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post

Yep. It has been a long time, if ever, since I have felt that the Lions have a legitimate shot at winning every game they play.
                          Yeah, that's where we're at. The first time in a LONG ass time where I've looked at the schedule and didn't scribble in a guaranteed lock "L" anywhere on it.

Comment

• 3 hours on the nose to GB without any major traffic. Don't have anybody to roll with me though.

I stopped off in Green Bay in August this year on my way up to the UP to check out Lambeau for the first time. It was right when the Packers were wrapping up their training camp practice for the day, and people were lining up to see the players. I waited about 20 minutes because I wanted to let Love know that Hutch was coming, but ended up hitting the road before they came out.

Comment

• Lions' Aidan Hutchinson earns second Player of the Week honors

Justin Rogers
                              The Detroit News

Allen Park — For 3½ quarters last Sunday, Aidan Hutchinson kept getting close, but coming up short. The Detroit Lions defense was thriving, holding the Atlanta Falcons to a couple field goals in the 20-6 victory, but it was teammates who were reaping most of the rewards on the stat sheet despite the second-year edge rusher's efforts.

But in the closing minutes of the contest that changed as Hutchinson got home for his first sack of the 2023 season. He delivered an encore a few minutes later, stripping the ball from Falcons quarterback Desmond Ridder and recovering the fumble, putting the game away in the process.

Hutchinson finished the day with the two sacks, the forced fumble and recovery, along with two pass defenses and six quarterback pressures. That performance was good enough to earn him the NFC Defensive Player of the Week honors for the second time in his young career.

He also named the conference's Defensive Player of the Week following the Lions' win over the New York Giants in 2022 after recording an interception and fumble recovery, along with Rookie of the Month recognition for both November and December.

Hutchinson's six pressures marked the third consecutive game to start the 2023 season he's had at least that many. According to Pro Football Focus, his 19 quarterback pressures are tied with Las Vegas' Maxx Crosby for the most in the NFL through Week 3.

jdrogers@detroitnews.com

Twitter/X: @Justin_Rogers

"I hope to see the Lions in the Super Bowl before I die"
                              My friend Ken L

Comment

• Former sack leader to be ‘important’ piece for Detroit Lions going forward

Nolan Bianchi
                                The Detroit News

Allen Park — 2020 was a dark year for the Lions.

In the make-or-break year for former head coach Matt Patricia and general manager Bob Quinn, the team floundered, got embarrassed at Ford Field on Thanksgiving by the Houston Texans, and the Matthew Stafford era in Detroit came to a swift and brutal end.

But a building block did emerge in edge rusher Romeo Okwara. His third year in Detroit and fifth in the league was sensational. He tallied a team-high 10 sacks (the next closest, Everson Griffen, had 3.5) with 44 tackles, three forced fumbles, and a fumble recovery, earning a three-year deal worth up to $39 million that offseason.

Okwara never got the chance to be a building block. He tore his Achilles in Week 4 of the next season. As he struggled to find full health upon returning — he played only five games in 2022 — he was relegated to a depth role, and was even inactive for Week 1’s win over the Kansas City Chiefs. But with James Houston and Josh Paschal on injured reserve, Okwara is now a crucial — and versatile — player for a defense that wants to win a championship.

“To have Romeo ready to go when we get banged up and he steps right in (is huge). I’m sure you saw it there at the end of the game, he’s playing three-technique for us, passing downs, some of the rush stuff and letting him work over the guard,” Lions head coach Dan Campbell said.

Okwara took 20 reps in Sunday’s 20-6 win over the Atlanta Falcons. He generated one pressure, a hurry and made two tackles, following up a 27-snap performance against the Seahawks in which he had two pressures and a tackle.

“(Okwara) is somebody — he knows himself very well. He knows what he’s capable of, he knows what it’s going to take for him to win, and it’s his length and it’s his power and certainly his motor. He’s real good with his hands,” Campbell said.

“He’s been a valuable asset for us. He does a great job on the edge and yes, he does, he can close it down. And it looks like that every day in practice too. I mean, every day, it just never stops, so fortunate to have Romes.”

nbianchi@detroitnews.com

X: @nolanbianchi

"I hope to see the Lions in the Super Bowl before I die"
                                My friend Ken L

Comment

Working...
                                X