• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Forsh View Post

Millen was 3 years after Barry left tho
    My mistake I remembered it wrong ty for the correction

Comment

• The thrust of it is probably correct though, Ghandi.

Barry (like Calvin) saw a team spinning its wheels, not particularly interested or capable enough to take the next step, and realized that there was no point punishing their bodies any longer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sanders Fan View Post
        Barry had another five years in him. If he would have played as long as Emmitt, the rushing records would all have been unbreakable, similar to Jerry Rice.
        Im not so sure. He was at that age. I’m glad he gave up when he did. Charlie Fucking Batch? Give me a break.

They would have broken him down. I’m glad he went out a baller.
        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post

But Barry had such great vision. He saw it coming. ;)
          Hahahahaha. Oh man that’s awesome
          F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Paschal moved to IR and will miss 4 games. Decker has been ruled out for the Seattle game. I’m glad they’re being careful with our LT.

F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post

Im not so sure. He was at that age. I’m glad he gave up when he did. Charlie Fucking Batch? Give me a break.

They would have broken him down. I’m glad he went out a baller.
              I just go by what I saw the last couple of years he played. He looked like the best running back in the NFL at 29. At the time I thought he was gonna break 20,000 yards for sure.
              3,062 carries, 15,269 yards, 5.0 yards/carry, 99 TD
              10x Pro Bowl, 6x All-Pro, 1997 MVP, 2004 NFL HoF

Comment

• I don't know about 20k but more than Emmitt was probably a fairly safe bet. With the way backs are used and moved on from now Emmitt's record already may be unbreakable.

Comment

• Lions unveiled statue today live on you tube.
                  beautiful statue

Comment

• Looks like my Mcfarlane figure

Comment

I just go by what I saw the last couple of years he played. He looked like the best running back in the NFL at 29. At the time I thought he was gonna break 20,000 yards for sure.
                      Oh no doubt, Barry was putting up prime numbers but so do all the greats until they don’t. Had Barry not retired he’d have been playing that year at 31.

Emmit ran for 1k yards at 31 and 32 so it’s not like it would be out of the question but Smith also had a much better OL.

I was upset at the time but he knew the Lions were wasting his time. Also all the players talk about how bad Mondays are. Some say that they can’t walk days after games. Barry was smart to choose his body over a few more yards and surpassing some milestone. He didn’t care, he wanted to win
                      F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• A lot of statues don’t really look exactly like the player but that Barry statue is very accurate.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post

Oh no doubt, Barry was putting up prime numbers but so do all the greats until they don’t. Had Barry not retired he’d have been playing that year at 31.

Emmit ran for 1k yards at 31 and 32 so it’s not like it would be out of the question but Smith also had a much better OL.

I was upset at the time but he knew the Lions were wasting his time. Also all the players talk about how bad Mondays are. Some say that they can’t walk days after games. Barry was smart to choose his body over a few more yards and surpassing some milestone. He didn’t care, he wanted to win
                          I agree he was smart to retire after ten years. I just wanted him to break all the records for selfish reasons. I was mad at the time but I realized later it was just my fandom getting the best of me and thinking the Lions we’re screwed because they would never see that talent again at that position.

Comment

A lot of statues don’t really look exactly like the player but that Barry statue is very accurate.
                            Is he wearing ice skates?

Comment

• How TF did I miss this?

Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• Definitely a great watch.

Comment

Working...
                                X