Lions News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post

Level-headed stuff like how Jameis Winston's victim needed to donate her civil damages to charity before he believed her claims?

Or mailing in an article about how some Spartans were celebrating at the Final Four that they never attended, not that he would have known that because he wasn't there either?

That sort of level-headed stuff?

Fuck that greasy hobbit with a sandpaper dildo. Albom has no business writing about the five people you meet in heaven while he goes to hell.
    I was talking about the show in general compared with what goes for sports talk on ESPN and FOX now. Dick Schaap, Mitch Albom, Bob Ryan, and Mike Tirico are infinitely better than whatever crew they put out there today.
    Last edited by Sanders Fan; September 10, 2023, 07:42 PM.
    3,062 carries, 15,269 yards, 5.0 yards/carry, 99 TD
    10x Pro Bowl, 6x All-Pro, 1997 MVP, 2004 NFL HoF

Comment

• Well, what I'd say is that your nostalgia is remembering a time that didn't really exist. It was the same "hot take" media, just delivered in calmer voices.

Comment

Well, what I'd say is that your nostalgia is remembering a time that didn't really exist. It was the same "hot take" media, just delivered in calmer voices.
        Well, they gotta get ratings, right? It can’t be boring. Calmer voices is always better.

I used to also watch The Sportwriters in Chicago which were basically a bunch of 70 year old guys like Bill Jauss, Bill Gleason, Ben Bentley and the younger Rick Tellander sitting around a table in a smoke-filled room talking about how bad Chicago sports were besides the Bulls. Now that I’m nostalgic over.
        Last edited by Sanders Fan; September 10, 2023, 08:05 PM.

Comment

• I remember the show but none of the topics
          go figure

Comment

• A lot of that stuff fell by the wayside when cable exploded and social media exploded. The lowest common denominator stuff that provokes with outrageous takes draws the attention.

In it's own way The Sports Reporters and that Chicago Sportswriters show were the hot take masters of their time, the surrounding media was even more staid.

I don't like Albom, I did like him when I was young and dumb. But he struck me as phony as time went by. He does have some good columns every once in a while, but it's hard to separate that from the phoniness I've detected in the past.

Comment

• Of all the guys on the Sports Reporters, I actually didn’t really like Mitch that much. Lupica was my favorite, and he was from NY if I remember right. Go figure.

Comment

• Albon to me was a sportswriter that grew beyond sports. Never cared for his radio show when he had it. As far as his writing goes, he is not a bad writer and like many writers that are widely read for a long time he repeats certain ideas over. He did write some great columns back in the day.

Tuesdays with Morrie is an excellent book. 5 People you meet in Heaven is solid enough but doesn't have the hard emotional feel that Morrie does.
                2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Interesting a;most 5 minute video. Lions updates. Sounds like a vet mid tier WR is on the board potentially.

2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Is there a reason I should believe that Lions Talk Live guy? Because I'm really getting the feeling like I shouldn't.

Comment

• Originally posted by JGSpartan View Post
                      Is there a reason I should believe that Lions Talk Live guy? Because I'm really getting the feeling like I shouldn't.
                      lol
                      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

Level-headed stuff like how Jameis Winston's victim needed to donate her civil damages to charity before he believed her claims?

Or mailing in an article about how some Spartans were celebrating at the Final Four that they never attended, not that he would have known that because he wasn't there either?

That sort of level-headed stuff?

Fuck that greasy hobbit with a sandpaper dildo. Albom has no business writing about the five people you meet in heaven while he goes to hell.
                        Um. What grade of sandpaper?
                        "Yeah, we just... we don't want them to go. So that's our motivation."
                        Dan Campbell at Green Bay, January 8, 2023.​

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                          I don't like Albom, I did like him when I was young and dumb. But he struck me as phony as time went by.
                          I stopped liking him when his first book came out and he got full of himself.

"Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• I read the people when you die book and it was a decent read. Over the years columns were well written but I wasn’t some big fan of his

The guy I miss the most and soooooooo wish he could have seen this team is Tom Kowalski. That dude was f’ing awesome. He and Motor City Dan Campbell would have gotten along like a house on fire
                            F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Killer was my source of Lions news in the 2000s decade. A legend that’s definitely missed.
                              AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• His chats were so awesome
                                F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X