No announcement yet.

Lions News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don’t know how some of you grizzled old Lions guys and girls are coping. I’m a bit younger and generally on the optimigo side of things but I can’t handle the positivity.

I’m quietly confident but listening to the Pride of Detroit they were all talking about how the team is going to win a home playoff game and I’m just braced for something to go wrong.

Comment

• Hopefully Jameson Williams stays away from gambling apps.
      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Who?
        Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• Lots of reasons for optimism, but they need to prove it a couple of years in a row to justify this mania. It's a little much to be honest.
          Last edited by froot loops; September 5, 2023, 05:55 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheLondonLion View Post
            I don’t know how some of you grizzled old Lions guys and girls are coping. I’m a bit younger and generally on the optimigo side of things but I can’t handle the positivity.

I’m quietly confident but listening to the Pride of Detroit they were all talking about how the team is going to win a home playoff game and I’m just braced for something to go wrong.
            Going through the Monte Clark years, then the Barry Sanders years, then the Millen/Megatron/Stafford eras makes you grizzled, and I'm not the oldest Lions fan on this Forum!!

Some go all the way back to their last Championship, but most were around prior to '79, when I started paying attention to the Detroit Lions. Odd thing is, I'm old enough to have been able to watch the 1970 team that lost to Dallas 5-0 in a Playoff game, but my 4 year old self wasn't interested in watching football back then.

Failure with this Organization prepares you for misery and heartbreak.

Hoping that this team is truly turning a corner.
            "I hope to see the Lions in the Super Bowl before I die"
            My friend Ken L

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
              Lots of reasons for optimism, but they need to prove it a couple of years in a row to justify this mania. It's a little much to be honest.
              Honestly I don't think its mania at all (besides the MCDC love. The media loves that dude). I think we've just been so accustomed to every reporter in the world dogging us and other fans laughing at the Lions that it feels weird to hear our name in the convo of winning the division.

Hell even when we had Stafford, CJ and Suh we weren't picked for the division because we always had Erin Rodgers owning us. He's gone too and the division has a lot of promise but no elite QBs or rosters.

The fact of the matter is that the Lions have the most complete roster in the North, a loved HC and one of the best up and coming OC's in the game. They should be picked to win the division because its there's for the taking.

Now they just have to do it.
              F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Looking at the entire NFC its not that good. Besides Philly who looks to be a powerhouse, Dallas and San Fran who's really out there?

The NFC South is pure garbage.

The West has San Fran but Arizona sucks even with Murray who's out, LAR are old and done. Seattle has something that resembles a playoff team without Russ but they're nothing the Lions can't beat anymore.

The East is tough

The North is middling waiting to be taken.
                F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Am I the only one here who wishes Erin had stayed? Lol.
                  "Yeah, we just... we don't want them to go. So that's our motivation."
                  Dan Campbell at Green Bay, January 8, 2023.​

Comment

• Veteran RB Returns to Lions After Missing Final Roster

​The Detroit Lions are bringing a familiar face back to add depth to their backfield. After the Lions parted ways with veteran running back Craig Reynolds prior to final roster cutdowns on August 29, the team announced on Thursday that he would be returning as a member of the 53-man roster and providing depth behind two new acquisitions.

The Lions had only two true running backs on their initial roster, David Montgomery and Jahmyr Gibbs, and Reynolds will now give them a third option out of the backfield.

https://heavy.com/sports/detroit-lio...-reynolds/amp/
                    "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post

Honestly I don't think its mania at all (besides the MCDC love. The media loves that dude). I think we've just been so accustomed to every reporter in the world dogging us and other fans laughing at the Lions that it feels weird to hear our name in the convo of winning the division.

Hell even when we had Stafford, CJ and Suh we weren't picked for the division because we always had Erin Rodgers owning us. He's gone too and the division has a lot of promise but no elite QBs or rosters.

The fact of the matter is that the Lions have the most complete roster in the North, a loved HC and one of the best up and coming OC's in the game. They should be picked to win the division because its there's for the taking.

Now they just have to do it.
                      Until they do it, it's all just a theory. We all love the upgrades and they look to be good, but we haven't actually seen it even in preseason. You can look at the rest of the NFC and say it's bad but you a lot of those teams love their additions as well. People made that mistake with the Seahawks last year.

Comment

• The weird thing is that it's a hype train that's not attached to a young or otherwise star QB. 49ers are in the same boat to an extent, but they have a roster chockful of proven studs on both sides of the ball who have already shown they can go really far with a less than star QB.

Comment

• Originally posted by Iron Lion View Post
                          Am I the only one here who wishes Erin had stayed? Lol.
                          Yes

I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by Iron Lion View Post
                            Am I the only one here who wishes Erin had stayed? Lol.
                            After his "we can't lose to that team" comment, it made it more personal when the Lions played him....It was alot of fun knocking him out of the playoffs to end the season in Green Bay.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post

Until they do it, it's all just a theory. We all love the upgrades and they look to be good, but we haven't actually seen it even in preseason. You can look at the rest of the NFC and say it's bad but you a lot of those teams love their additions as well. People made that mistake with the Seahawks last year.
                              You’re not wrong. I hope they prove that
                              F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Man....I just looked at the season predictions at PFT.....every writer except for Florio has us winning the north and being no lower than a 3 seed.

Florio has the pack winning the division and the lions missing the playoffs...fuck him

Comment

Working...
                                X