No announcement yet.

Lions News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That Minny team is without Thielen and Cook. I just don’t see it. Jefferson is one of the best players in football but that team will waste his talents.
    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by DanO View Post
      "I’d argue this was one of the most significant moves that Hamp has made."
      --------------------------------------She said in an interview it was probably the best move she's made.

"Granted, three of those wins were by four points or less — all on the road (against the Bears, Jets and Packers)."
      -------------------------------------------So what. They won the fucking game.............and they were all on the road.
      Lol, they're acting like you're supposed to win blowouts on the road.

The Packers road game wasn't as close as it looked. We had the ball in the red zone at the end of the game. That's at least 3 points. If we wanted to we could have beaten GB 27-16. That looks a lot different than 20-16.
      "Yeah, we just... we don't want them to go. So that's our motivation."
      Dan Campbell at Green Bay, January 8, 2023.​

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post

Screw that homie. The NFL actually likes our team. They scheduled us as the opener. Against the champs.

When the NFL likes a story they get what they want. We’ll now get all the weird calls until they don’t like us anymore
        I'm with you jaad.
        GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

• Originally posted by DanO View Post

I'm with you jaad.
          They’ve definitely got to go out and win but Dan Campbell and the Lions are good for business and the NFL likes their storylines.
          F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• The Lions defense is improved at all three levels. The offense should be around the same level as last year, but I'm less confident about that. They seem thin at wide receiver and tight end is unproven. So in a best case scenario everything comes together and they are contenders. But I've learned in the NFL that nobody knows shit and basing your eventual success on division rivals perceived downfalls is a fool's game.

Basically let's see them have success at a sustained level before yapping like a Chihuahua.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
              The Lions defense is improved at all three levels. The offense should be around the same level as last year, but I'm less confident about that. They seem thin at wide receiver and tight end is unproven. So in a best case scenario everything comes together and they are contenders. But I've learned in the NFL that nobody knows shit and basing your eventual success on division rivals perceived downfalls is a fool's game.

Basically let's see them have success at a sustained level before yapping like a Chihuahua.
              Did we actually improve at d-line? We got guys coming back from injuries and 2nd year guys who -might- or -should- take the next step, but nobody was really added except a raw rookie DT. And that DT spot is missing a true star.

A full year out of Paschal, Levi, Romeo, Harris, Commish, & Houston would make the d-line better than last year, I'll give you that. Especially with our lack of star power at DT, we can mask that with deep depth and rotation to keep it fresh as the game goes on.

Comment

• So you agree with me on the defensive line being better?

Comment

• Originally posted by whatever_gong82 View Post

Spoiler alert: Neither Campbell nor Holmes was a proven head coach or GM.
                  Didn't Campbell serve as interim HC for Miami?

"Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Originally posted by edindetroit View Post

Didn't Campbell serve as interim HC for Miami?
                    He went 5-7, that doesn't make him a "proven" HC.

Comment

So you agree with me on the defensive line being better?
                      We literally just swapped out Michael Brockers for Brodric Martin. Some might say it's improved because guys are back from injury, others would say it's the same group just not injured. We're all expecting better results, so define that as you will.

Comment

• The defense was playing a lot better at end of year.
                        Some of you guys don’t realize that the Lions tried a different scheme last year at the beginning of the year.
                        The coaches mis judged what the players could do.
                        After they fired the DB coach they went back to the style of defending they used previous year.
                        That changed had positive results.
                        The coaches are not going to make that same mistake again.
                        Sometimes it’s not just the players who are learning.
                        The coaches have to learn about the players.

Comment

Truth. I believe it was Aristotle who said, "Yap not, 'til the leg has been thoroughly humped."

Where are we going; and what's up with this hand basket?

Comment

• Originally posted by wcfwtf View Post
                            The defense was playing a lot better at end of year.
                            Some of you guys don’t realize that the Lions tried a different scheme last year at the beginning of the year.
                            After they fired the DB coach they went back to the style of defending they used previous year.
                            Agreed. That and Hutch is going to turn into a complete monster for opposing QBs. It’s a fun time to be a Lions fan
                            F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by wcfwtf View Post
                              The defense was playing a lot better at end of year.
                              Level of competition played a large factor in that too though. I was one of the people on here that was very confident they were gonna start winning games on the back half of the schedule.

Comment

• To be clear I do think they'll be better. Just saying I wouldn't overestimate last years end of year improvement.

Comment

Working...
                                X