Lions News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
    Meh. Ebron had one half of one good year for the Colts, then quickly reverted back to his old form and was out of Indy before the end of his second year.
    Maybe he just had better coaching in Indy (and iirc Luck was the QB at the time)...Either way, he was a bad pick

Comment

• Originally posted by -Deborah- View Post
      Better to cut bait early...maybe he can catch on with PS at some point during the season?...At least it saves the Lions a pick.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
        Meh. Ebron had one half of one good year for the Colts, then quickly reverted back to his old form and was out of Indy before the end of his second year.
        More than he ever did for us.
        "Yeah, we just... we don't want them to go. So that's our motivation."
        Dan Campbell at Green Bay, January 8, 2023.​

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post

I suck. Next time I’m picking that I dislike. The only problem is that there’s not a single player on this roster that fits that description
          No you don't suck! We love you!

Comment

• Originally posted by -Deborah- View Post
            Saw this when I was looking for some Lions news. Going off to cry now.

Normally, I'd like your tweet, but the Ebron pick is major yikes!!

Martin Mayhew (aka Matt Millen Jr.) really did us nothing good while he was here overall. I wonder how long it'll be before he's fired by the Washington Commanders.
            "I hope to see the Lions in the Super Bowl before I die"
            My friend Ken L

Comment

• Not that the bar is any higher than an inch or 2 above ground, but Mayhew was MUCH better than Millen. He got hamstrung by rookie salaries.

Comment

• I wish we’d have signed Hopkins. Oh well
                F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Mayhew had better teams, but he inherited Calvin. In his chance to draft a quarterback he was able to draft Stafford, in Millen's chance to draft a quarterback, he had Harrington. If you switch quarterbacks, I don't think Mayhew fares any better.

Luck is far more important than people want to admit.

Comment

• Quinn was a step above both of them in terms of drafting but the hiring of Patricia and some bad free agency moves wrecked him. Multiple failed attempts to fix the awful right tackle situation hurt a lot.

Holmes so far seems much better than all of them but they still gotta actually go win and not just have us believing they will.

Either way I think Sheila is a massive improvement on her parents as an owner and that should hopefully help long term.

Comment

• McDonald’s offering Lions-themed meal deals during football season

By Emily Brown
                      Published: Aug. 11, 2023 at 12:49 PM EDT MICHIGAN (WNEM) - McDonald’s of Michigan is offering two Detroit Lions-themed meal deals during the 2023 football season.

A buy one get one free Big Mac® deal is available when the Lions get an interception in any game this year. The offer will only be available the day after the game and is offered exclusively in the McDonald’s mobile app.​

A Lions Bundle Box deal will also be available seven days a week until the season ends. Lions Bundle Box(McDonald's of Michigan)
                      The bundle box features two Big Mac® Sandwiches, an order of 20-piece McNuggets®, and two Medium Fries and is served in a custom, Lions-themed box. This box will be available at participating restaurants and in its mobile app starting Tuesday, Aug. 22.

“The Lions Bundle Box is the ultimate game day companion, ensuring that fans can enjoy a variety of their favorite McDonald’s classics while cheering for their beloved Detroit Lions,” McDonald’s of Michigan said. “Whether watching the game from the comfort of home or joining the action at the stadium, this bundle promises to elevate the game day experience.”

"Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Excluding Holmes drafts because his have been unbelievable, Mayhew had 1 of the best Lions draft classes ever. I hate the guy for the Ebron pick but he did really well a for few years.
                        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
                          Excluding Holmes drafts because his have been unbelievable, Mayhew had 1 of the best Lions draft classes ever. I hate the guy for the Ebron pick but he did really well a for few years.
                          Which Mayhew draft are you referring to?

Comment

• Originally posted by Iron Lion View Post

Which Mayhew draft are you referring to?

Ansah (pro bowl)
                            Slay (multiple pro bowls)
                            Larry Warford (pro bowl)
                            Sam Martin
                            Theo Roddick
                            Devin Taylor

The problem is that he had such a HR of a draft but the next one was the Ebron draft that fell directly on his face. If he would have stacked drafts he might still be the GM.

But he didn’t. So he’s not and we’re so much better for it. Holmes is the perfect GM for us
                            F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Kind of like Millen had that first draft and it could have been looked at as foundational but he never did anything like that again.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                                Kind of like Millen had that first draft and it could have been looked at as foundational but he never did anything like that again.
                                Outside of drafting Calvin Johnson, and only because the Raiders were so set on drafting that top ten all-time bust in Jamarcus Russell.

Man, we got lucky that one time under Millen post '01 NFL Draft.
                                "I hope to see the Lions in the Super Bowl before I die"
                                My friend Ken L

Comment

Working...
                                X