Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Nick Pappageorgio View Post
    I just read a tweet about Mims that I'm going to paraphrase:

Here's the issue with Chris Mims: In a game last year in the 4th quarter with the team down by 6, from the 10 yard line the QB threw to a wide-open Mims 3 times in a row...each time the ball sailed 5 yards out/over of Mims' reach.

The moral of the story is that Zach Wilson is a bad QB
    YEP!!!!
    GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
      While it is true that shitty QB play and poor scheme can make a WR look worse than they really are; even with shit teams, players are generally benched and buried in the depth chart for a reason, and those reasons tend to be valid.

It's certainly possible that Mims finds something in a new setting, but I wouldn't get our hopes up.
      I think that when things go bad, they can spiral out of control.

Possible scenario:

Mims comes in and is a bit of a diva. He is not getting the reps and throws his way. When he does, the QB can't make the throws. Attitude deteriorates. (very common human trait, btw) New coach comes in and sees attitude, but doesn't do what it takes to turn it around. Attitude gets worse, player moves farther into the doghouse. Attitude gets worse. Wash rinse repeat. Team gets tired of the BS and gives up on player and moves him because, Ain't nobody got time for that.

This kind of shit happens all the time, in all professions.

Sometimes it is because of piss-poor leadership (can you say Matt Patricia?). Sometimes it is a character flaw of the employee.
      Sometimes it is both.

Now, the question is whether that attitude will follow Mims to the Lions or not.

Overall it is a pretty safe move by the Lions.

It certainly is not a make or break move, but for such a cheap cost, it is definitely worth taking the shot.

I doubt any of us will lose any sleep if it doesn't work out, but there is potential for this to be a very solid move with a ton of upside and very little risk.
      I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• And at the core of it, that's what matters. It's damn near a free flyer on a guy that might have something. Chances are he doesn't, but even if he outright bombs, oh dear... how will the Lions recover from a 6th round pick becoming a 7th?

The odds of that 6th rounder panning out is a LOT lower than Mims flashing something worth being on the roster (even if Holmes has been hitting on those 6th rounders so far).

Comment

• Screenshot-20230721-163300-Chrome.jpg
          "Yeah, we just... we don't want them to go. So that's our motivation."
          Dan Campbell at Green Bay, January 8, 2023.​

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
            can you say Matt Patricia?
            No. No I cannot.

Comment

I think that when things go bad, they can spiral out of control.

Possible scenario:

Mims comes in and is a bit of a diva. He is not getting the reps and throws his way. When he does, the QB can't make the throws. Attitude deteriorates. (very common human trait, btw) New coach comes in and sees attitude, but doesn't do what it takes to turn it around. Attitude gets worse, player moves farther into the doghouse. Attitude gets worse. Wash rinse repeat. Team gets tired of the BS and gives up on player and moves him because, Ain't nobody got time for that.

This kind of shit happens all the time, in all professions.

Sometimes it is because of piss-poor leadership (can you say Matt Patricia?). Sometimes it is a character flaw of the employee.
              Sometimes it is both.

Now, the question is whether that attitude will follow Mims to the Lions or not.

Overall it is a pretty safe move by the Lions.

It certainly is not a make or break move, but for such a cheap cost, it is definitely worth taking the shot.

I doubt any of us will lose any sleep if it doesn't work out, but there is potential for this to be a very solid move with a ton of upside and very little risk.
              And I thought the right were the conspiracy nuts. If Mims was anything they would have had him atleast playing special teams.He couldn't even hack it there. Erin has been somewhat participaing in off season stuff, hasn't he? Must be Mims hasn't made a good impression or Rodgers would have stood by him. I expect notthing but hope I am wrong.

Hard to get a hardon over someone who has a drop rate less than Ebron...
              Last edited by foxhopper; July 21, 2023, 09:06 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by foxhopper View Post

And I thought the right were the conspiracy nuts. If Mims was anything they would have had him atleast playing special teams.He couldn't even hack it there. Erin has been somewhat participaing in off season stuff, hasn't he? Must be Mims hasn't made a good impression or Rodgers would have stood by him. I expect notthing but hope I am wrong.

Chill, he was *free*.

Comment

• Originally posted by foxhopper View Post

Why so angry? I fail to see anyone getting a hardon over Mims, btw
                  I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

Why so angry? I fail to see anyone getting a hardon over Mims, btw
                    Speak for yourself. Google (MILFs)Mims I'd Like to...) and tell me you aint packing a half pack of lifesavers in your pocket.
                    Where are we going; and what's up with this hand basket?

Comment

• Originally posted by Trickalicious View Post

Speak for yourself. Google (MILFs)Mims I'd Like to...) and tell me you aint packing a half pack of lifesavers in your pocket.
                      boo-get-off.jpg

Comment

• Here we go…
                        Training camp reports start tomorrow. Inside the Den with an official release date of Thursday 07/27/2023. Exciting times ahead barring a major injury in camp (fingers crossed).

AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• If Mims has anything, and I think he does, Campbell will get it out of him. Great move.
                          GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

• I'm kind of more excited about the Justin Jackson re-signing than the Mims trade. But both are going to help with depth. Depth is the most underrated concept in the NFL. In the off-season you are making projections on the top 53 players, by week 10 you are relying on players that are 70th on the chart.

They still need to probably find one more DT in my room estimate.

Comment

• This inside the den shit is nuts-people please get a grip,
                              People sound like their going to jump of bridges if they don’t get that fix.
                              Go play with your grandchildren.

Comment

• Official Lions website stuff is pure propaganda to the point of derangement. After a bad loss I'd go to the website thinking, "What do these clowns have to say for themselves?" And it's like, "Lions fall just short in 59-3 nailbiter."

Comment

Working...
                                X