No announcement yet.

Lions News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Lions will be releasing the alternate helmets in the upcoming days. I hope it’s something completely different and great. Honestly I love Detroit uniforms and tradition but the Lions need a new look.. badly.

We need to put the old helmets and the old Lions to bed.
    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• I'm not worried about the pass rush. It came on last year when they switched positions for Hutchinson to the rush end and Paschal took up the closed end. Having all this depth means they can switch up a lot of looks to get pressure. Getting Young would be fine but I'm more worried about the DT position. I'm hoping somebody shakes loose because they look one guy short. The key to their pass rush is stopping the run in early downs so they can run those different pass rushing formations on third down.

Comment

• Something would go terribly wrong with the season if edge pass rush is an issue. For a rare time in recent years, edge pass rush should be the strength of the Lions defense. Hutchinson, Cominsky, Houston, Paschal, R Okwara, Harris, and J Okwara. Having the capability of moving some of these guys inside on obvious passing downs.

McNeill so significant of a player to get pass rush from DTs on standard downs.
        AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• I heard that the alternative helmets are only fire the grey color rush unis

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
            I'm not worried about the pass rush. It came on last year when they switched positions for Hutchinson to the rush end and Paschal took up the closed end. Having all this depth means they can switch up a lot of looks to get pressure. Getting Young would be fine but I'm more worried about the DT position. I'm hoping somebody shakes loose because they look one guy short. The key to their pass rush is stopping the run in early downs so they can run those different pass rushing formations on third down.
            I think we all want another DT for the mix but players like Young are transformational pieces. He’s insanely talented. His availability is the hurdle but I’d make that trade all day long
            F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• I thought for sure we’d see some post June 1st cuts
              F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by wcfwtf View Post
                I heard that the alternative helmets are only fire the grey color rush unis
                Im sure it is but that’s the way a change will start. If they get a good reaction and fans come calling for them it’s a huge marketing machine and sales crop for them.

Im done with the old helmets. We need new blood.
                F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by TheLondonLion View Post
                  I still think pass rush looks like a weakness. Houston was a pleasant surprise, but there’s tape on him out there now and his sack to snap ratio is unsustainable. Hutch should improve and Romeo was looking impressive prior to injury.

It doesn’t compare favourably with Philly or the Niners who we should be looking to compete against.

I’d be tempted to offer Washington a 3rd or 4th for Chase Young.
                  I’m worried about the WR room. Outside of Amon-Ra…there’s a group of middling WRs and a rookie-ish talent who’s suspended for the first 6 games (and has proven nothing so far). While I know people are excited about what LaPorta can do….undersized rookies often look like world beaters early and then the pads go on.

I’d like to see the team add a WR…but it would likely have to be a trade because FA is pretty bare. I understand the reasoning behind not going after Hopkins, but I still think the WR room is missing something…with the Williams suspension any sort of injury in the first couple of weeks would leave Kennedy with a large role in the O, I think we can all agree that’s not a good thing.

Comment

• Chase Young has been so transformational, the Commanders didn't pick up his 5th year option and he may be available for a mid round pick. He's had 9 total sacks in three seasons. He has potential but so far it hasn't shown due to injuries and inconsistency.

Comment

Chase Young has been so transformational, the Commanders didn't pick up his 5th year option and he may be available for a mid round pick. He's had 9 total sacks in three seasons. He has potential but so far it hasn't shown due to injuries and inconsistency.
                      He looked every bit of the part his rookie year but he’s been a hot mess with injuries since. He was something else at Ohio, the dude was a straight baller.

Maybe I’m just remembering how game changing he was there. I’d still take a chance
                      F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick Pappageorgio View Post

I’m worried about the WR room. Outside of Amon-Ra…there’s a group of middling WRs and a rookie-ish talent who’s suspended for the first 6 games (and has proven nothing so far). While I know people are excited about what LaPorta can do….undersized rookies often look like world beaters early and then the pads go on.

I’d like to see the team add a WR…but it would likely have to be a trade because FA is pretty bare. I understand the reasoning behind not going after Hopkins, but I still think the WR room is missing something…with the Williams suspension any sort of injury in the first couple of weeks would leave Kennedy with a large role in the O, I think we can all agree that’s not a good thing.
                        It is a little thin but don’t sell Reynolds short. He and Goff are really good together. Williams getting his training camp and preC will be big.

I think not going after Hopkins is a mistake but if they don’t like his personality I get it. It is weird that the Pats would go after someone with personality issues though.
                        F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• The Pats were notorious for going after people with "attitude problems," and usually had a great amount of success doing so; because it turned out in most cases that "attitude problems" were really, "sick and tired of losing and general franchise incompetence, and were not willing to sit down and be silent about it."

Comment

• Generally the Pats were getting those guys on the cheap. Hopkins is supposedly looking for a contract similar to what OBJ got.

Comment

Generally the Pats were getting those guys on the cheap. Hopkins is supposedly looking for a contract similar to what OBJ got.
                              And that would be my reservation too, not that he's had enough of the Bidwell run Arizona Cardinals.

Comment

Working...
                              X