No announcement yet.

Lions News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not good news on Ragnow. Paying big money on a non-premium position. Just like our draft. You don’t want to end up like Indy investing in MLB/RB\Guard and having a poo poo platter at QB.

The odds of picking up that 5th year option for big $ on Gibbs/Campbell is low. I doubt it happens.
    Last edited by The King; May 19, 2023, 11:47 PM.

Comment

• I was hoping the Lions would find a way to draft one of the Tenn WR's this year but after watching some of the Antonie Green highlights I'm fairly impressed with the pick. He's got some nice tape considering where he was drafted. He'll make the team and have a decent shot at early snaps with Williams on the shelf for the first 6 games and Cephus shitting the bed in now unemployed.
      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• There's still rumors floating around that the Bills might trade Ed Oliver. I'd hope the Lions would be in on that one.
        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• I can’t see that trade happening.

The Bills would have to be giving him away….and even then I can’t see the Lions wanting to pony up for his 2nd contract. Holmes/Campbell are buy low sell high guys…more than the other way around anyway.

Comment

• Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

Comment

• Best posts possible.😎

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post
                    Hey Cody. is that O'Cyrus Torrence he just threw to the side?
                    Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• About that day when Cap'n Jack Met Mo Ibrahim...

Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• We really need Martin to be a contributor. Backup and rotational. He was a 3rd RD pick at a position of need. Let’s not have another Ronnell Lewis situation (arguably one of the most forgettable Lions 1st to 4th RD picks ever).

Originally posted by Futureshock View Post
                        Hey Cody. is that O'Cyrus Torrence he just threw to the side?
                        Looks like a Maryland “Terps” helmet. So would assume it’s Spencer Anderson, G, Maryland. 7th RD pick of the Steelers… to which I’ve never heard of Spencer Anderson until just now.
                        AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick Pappageorgio View Post
                          I can’t see that trade happening.

The Bills would have to be giving him away….and even then I can’t see the Lions wanting to pony up for his 2nd contract. Holmes/Campbell are buy low sell high guys…more than the other way around anyway.
                          Everything there makes sense. I just want us to make that splash signing to shore up the last hole we have. This team is pretty sound right now on paper besides DT. If Levi O were healthy that might be a different story.
                          F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Charles Davis and Paul Burmeister choose the rookies from the 2023 NFL Draft that are in position to succeed in their rookie season.

NFL Rookies in Best Position for Immediate Success in 2023

Charles DavisPaul Burmeister

May 22, 20235 min Watch

Sam LaPorta, TE, Detroit Lions

The Detroit Lions went to my alma mater (Iowa) and took Sam LaPorta instead of Michael Mayer from Notre Dame. I love LaPorta’s talent, but what I love even more is how he fits into Detroit’s offense.

Offensive coordinator Ben Johnson was the No. 1 star for an offense that finished in the top five in points per game last season. Johnson is “the guy,” and his No. 1 asset is the command and decision-making of QB Jared Goff.

So the question becomes: How do we build around those two strengths in the draft? The reason I like Johnson’s offense so much is the diversification of formations.

They could line up in an empty, shotgun formation and spread you out horizontally on first down and then on second down, in the middle of the field, line up like it’s fourth-and-1 on the 5-yard line with two tight ends.

What if we could bring that tight end in on second down and then show the linebackers a run-heavy formation? The linebacker won’t know if the tight end is blocking or running a sail route right by them.

I don’t think the Lions found an All-Pro piece with LaPorta, but they found a tight end they can use well in Johnson’s offense. LaPorta will also allow Brock Wright, who became the team’s top tight end last season, to step into a role he’s more comfortable with. — Burmeister

Comment

• That’s absolutely right. Ben Johnson is the star of the show and they just gave him a 1st round RB and a 2nd round TE. Ill
                              never complain about giving your talent more talent.
                              F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Lions sign Max Pircher through International Player Pathway Program

Posted by Josh Alper on May 22, 2023, 4:25 PM EDT

Getty Images

The Lions have added a player to their offseason roster via the International Player Pathway Program.

The team announced the signing of tackle Max Pircher on Monday. The Lions had been allocated Australian tight end Patrick Murtagh earlier this offseason, but he has left the team due to a medical issue.

Pircher was allocated to the Rams in 2021 and spent the last two years with the team. The Italian native started playing football in Austria in 2017 and was playing in Germany when he was invited to join the program.

If players acquired through the International Player Pathway Program do not make the 53-man roster, they can join the practice squad without counting against the 16-player limit.

Comment

Working...
                                X