• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radiance Technologies Independence Bowl - UAB v Brigham Young

Detroit Lions 2023 UDFA class ranks in top-5, per analyst

By Jeremy Reisman
    ​​
    Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Goof grief. What a stupid thing to rank.

This off season shit is ridiculous.

Kick the damn ball!
      I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Fuck kicking the ball, summer is here. Enjoy the summer, don't worry about Fall Football.

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post

Goof grief. What a stupid thing to rank.

This off season shit is ridiculous.

Kick the damn ball!
          lol
          F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• In continuation of the NFL's commitment to promoting greater diversity across the NFL, the League announced plans today to host a Coach Accelerator on May 21-23 at the Spring League Meeting in Minneapolis.

Lions to be represented by assistant head coach/running backs Scottie Montgomery at NFL Coach Accelerator Program

May 17, 2023 at 12:02 PM​
            Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Lions center Frank Ragnow optimistic about his health after “brutal” foot injury

Posted by Michael David Smith on May 19, 2023, 3:56 AM EDT

Getty Images

Lions center Frank Ragnow has suffered the same injury to his left foot in each of the last two seasons, but he’s optimistic that the worst is behind him.

“Coming along,” Ragnow said, via MLive.com. “We’re good. We’re being smart with it though. We’re not rushing and making sure I get enough rest, because last season was one to forget in terms of that. It was brutal. So, just trying to be smart with it.”

Ragnow tore the plantar plate in his left foot in Week Four of 2021 and missed the rest of the season. He rehabbed that injury and thought it was behind him, only to suffer the exact same injury in Week One of the 2022 season.

“I was so mad it happened again,” Ragnow said. “I was over it, and had a great training camp, feeling good, and then the first game of the season it happened. So, I just had to fight through it.”

Fight through it he did, missing only Week Two but then starting every game the rest of the year despite never getting a full week of practice and often playing through pain. Ragnow says that at this point there’s no surgery that could repair the injury, and he’s just going to have to deal with it, but the pain isn’t as bad as it had been and he’s confident it’s an injury he can tolerate.

“It’s a deal where it’s kind of inoperable, so it’s something we’re trying to navigate,” he said. “But hopefully it’s not going to be anything near the altitude of last year, where it was, like, brutal.”

Ragnow was chosen to the Pro Bowl last year, and the Lions think that when he’s good to go he’s as good as any center in the NFL. They’re hoping the worst of the injury is behind him.

Comment

• That doesnt sound good.....An injury that is brutal and inoperable? It makes you wonder if he is going to last long term.

Comment

• I was wondering if that foot injury was the same one as before. Very little was said about it. This regime has been very transparent but they weren’t about the Ragnow situation.

Comment

• Foot exercises that strengthen the support areas and pain killers will probably have to do the job for him.

Comment

• Originally posted by ghandi View Post
                      That doesnt sound good.....An injury that is brutal and inoperable? It makes you wonder if he is going to last long term.
                      That’s a rough one.

Considering Ragnow’s contract structure and dead cap, we need at least 3 more seasons out of him. Fingers crossed here because he’s an important piece for the Lions.
                      AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• How things have changed...

Lions public relations staff wins 2023 Pete Rozelle Award

Posted by Charean Williams on May 19, 2023, 2:21 PM EDT

Getty Images

The Pro Football Writers of America announced Friday that the Lions public relations staff has won the 2023 Pete Rozelle Award.

It is the first time in franchise history the Lions have won the Rozelle, earning the 34th edition of the award.

The Rozelle Award goes to the NFL club public relations staff that consistently strives for excellence in its dealings and relationships with the media. The award is named for Rozelle, NFL commissioner from 1960-89, who started his career in sports PR.

The Lions were lauded for overall professionalism with the reporters who cover the club.

The other finalists were the Cowboys, Dolphins, Vikings and Steelers.

During the 2022 season, the Lions football communications staff consisted of Eamonn Reynolds (director of football communications), Solomon Williams (senior director of football communications), Greg Maiola (media information manager) and Ellie Cross (football communications assistant). The staff also was assisted by Tien Le (football communications seasonal intern), Sydney Gibbs (football communications seasonal intern), Ellen Trudell (senior manager, corporate and employee communication), Haley Prappas (internal communications coordinator) and Brian Facchini (chief communications and brand officer).

Comment

• Originally posted by wcfwtf View Post
                          Foot exercises that strengthen the support areas and pain killers will probably have to do the job for him.
                          And I suspect this is something that will get better after his career is over and 50 lbs of weight cone off.
                          2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post

That’s a rough one.

Considering Ragnow’s contract structure and dead cap, we need at least 3 more seasons out of him. Fingers crossed here because he’s an important piece for the Lions.
                            At least they signed Glasgow for this season if Frank cant go at some point......

Comment

• Originally posted by Whitley View Post

And I suspect this is something that will get better after his career is over and 50 lbs of weight cone off.
                              More so that people aren't falling into him from behind.
                              It's near impossible for an O-lineman to get Turf Toe just dealing with the guy in front of him.
                              It's when he gets rolled up on - then you get the unintentional leverage needed to extend that joint to breaking point.

Comment

• Haha!

346306094_905773227171026_4455394201587071573_n.jpg
                                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

Working...
                                X