Lions News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
    He went there because he tore his knee up. If he was healthy he certainly isn't available in the 3rd round.
    I think if he’s a few years younger he would have went in the 1st but most teams don’t have the luxury of sitting him for several years to heal.

And even if they feel like Goff is the one and sign him to a longterm deal someone could fall in love with Hooker (oh man that felt weird typing) and they could trade a decent pick for him.

He’s a long term lottery ticket. And a really good one.
    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
      I feel nervous and excited about that rumor all at once. Really tough game to win, but if the Lions miraculously win that game… the national respect would continue to build. Plus it’s always nice to get 10 days to prepare for the week 2 opponent.

Perhaps it’s better to have 4 months to prepare for Mahomes when compared to 1 week.
      I’d prefer a layup for the first game but Fuck it. MCDC can have them ready
      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

I feel nervous and excited about that rumor all at once. Really tough game to win, but if the Lions miraculously win that game… the national respect would continue to build. Plus it’s always nice to get 10 days to prepare for the week 2 opponent.

Perhaps it’s better to have 4 months to prepare for Mahomes when compared to 1 week.
        Anyway, we'll find out if the rumors are true tonight at 7 Eastern.

Other rumor is that we'll play in Green Bay on Thursday Night Football during Week 4, and host them on Thanksgiving.

Two games on the Detroit Lions’ 2023 schedule have been leaked: A Thursday night matchup with the Packers, and Thanksgiving vs. Green Bay.

So that means that we don't know when we play on the road in Baltimore and Chicago. Hopefully, at least one of them will be before the weather gets awful outside in the Midwest and East Coast.
        "I hope to see the Lions in the Super Bowl before I die"
        My friend Ken L

Comment

• Detroit Lions official Twitter link confirmed the KC date

"I hope to see the Lions in the Super Bowl before I die"
          My friend Ken L

Comment

• Fuck. What a shitty way to start the season.
            I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Couldn't be a tougher opening game but let's see how the Lions measure up.

Comment

• I like it, no matter what they have to go to KC this year. We think they are going to be good, let's see how they stack up.

Comment

• Originally posted by whatever_gong82 View Post
                  Detroit Lions official Twitter link confirmed the KC date
                  Okay. I will repeat what I said last year (before we played Philly to start the season) If we do not win, it isn't SOL and the season isn't doomed.
                  Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• I love it - everything to gain and nothing to lose. If they opened against a team like Carolina, it would be the opposite.

I'm just shocked the league is putting the Lions the biggest regular season stage. They didn't get this much hype after they went to NFC Championship in the 1991 season. Which scares the sh*t out of me, of course.

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post
                      Okay. I will repeat what I said last year (before we played Philly to start the season) If we do not win, it isn't SOL and the season isn't doomed.
                      Lol let’s not be the fanbase who overreacts based on one game. It’s the NFL. This isn’t college football where 1 loss deserves panic. Win or lose because I can see the flip side of the Lions winning this game and the overreaction to that outcome.

All I’m asking for is a good effort week 1. Not this game when the defending Super Bowl champs Chiefs opened up against the Texans in 2020: https://www.espn.com/nfl/game/_/gameId/401220225
                      AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• National perspective of Lions vs Chiefs opening game:

The last time Goff played Mahomes… one of the greatest regular season games in recent memory:

AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                          Fuck. What a shitty way to start the season.
                          Yeah. But, F it man. Bring it on.
                          Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post

Yeah. But, F it man. Bring it on.
                            Yeah, I get it. It is pretty exciting, but I would have preferred that they got a few games under their belt to find themselves before they had to go to KC and play.
                            I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

Lol let’s not CONTINUE to be the fanbase who overreacts based on one game. It’s the NFL. This isn’t college football where 1 loss deserves panic. Win or lose because I can see the flip side of the Lions winning this game and the overreaction to that outcome.

All I’m asking for is a good effort week 1. Not this game when the defending Super Bowl champs Chiefs opened up against the Texans in 2020: https://www.espn.com/nfl/game/_/gameId/401220225
                              FIFY

All I’m asking for is a good effort week 1.
                              Me too Cody.

Man, I have never been so excited for a Lions season.

Comment

• It probably is actually the best game to play the Chiefs.
                                Game planning and coaching will take a back seat to players making plays.
                                Too me it’s a 50 50 game almost

Comment

Working...
                                X