Lions News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ghandi View Post
    If a team called today and offered a mid to late first round pick in this draft for jamo, would you take it?
    Not a chance, he was my favorite WR in a loaded class. That kid is flat out electric. I can’t wait to see him play
    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Hell no.

Comment

• Williams needs to appeal this suspension ASAP. What is the time frame for appeals?

Comment

• Originally posted by kdk2002 View Post
          Williams needs to appeal this suspension ASAP. What is the time frame for appeals?
          It depends. Apparently, this is one offense that the NFLPA waived right to appeal on, at least according to ESPN.
          Last edited by chemiclord; April 22, 2023, 09:25 PM.

Comment

• I am not in the "league is out to get the Lions" but it looks funny that 4 Lion players were caught and 1 other player from the Commanders. Seems kind of funny to me that nobody else from any other team?? Someone in the Lions front office really dropped that ball on letting players know the rules on what they can and cannot do if they decide to gamble. On the other hand, the players should know or find out the rules before they gamble.
            All emotions can be traced back to two basic ones........love and fear.

Comment

• Lions have always been a special kind of stupid.
              Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• Originally posted by SnowMeiser View Post
                I am not in the "league is out to get the Lions" but it looks funny that 4 Lion players were caught and 1 other player from the Commanders. Seems kind of funny to me that nobody else from any other team?? Someone in the Lions front office really dropped that ball on letting players know the rules on what they can and cannot do if they decide to gamble. On the other hand, the players should know or find out the rules before they gamble.
                I read somewhere that they go to a rookie symposium where they are told all the rules...apparently they do this a couple of times......Im guessing the team also fills them in on these rules, especially after a star player just got suspended for the season the year before......The problem with gambling is some people have great difficulty stopping...It can be an addiction like drugs, sex, etc......

Comment

• Originally posted by ghandi View Post

I read somewhere that they go to a rookie symposium where they are told all the rules...apparently they do this a couple of times......Im guessing the team also fills them in on these rules, especially after a star player just got suspended for the season the year before......The problem with gambling is some people have great difficulty stopping...It can be an addiction like drugs, sex, etc......
                  - Signed, Charles Rogers.
                  Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• Apparently every employee on every team, not just the players, go through training on this stuff each year.

Comment

• I wonder how they caught him. Its kind of weird.
                      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
                        I wonder how they caught him. Its kind of weird.
                        It is odd that 4 Lions and 1 Washington player got caught and no one else.....Alot of people gamble and most cant control it.

Comment

• Their account have to be flagged for being pro players along with some kind of GPS signature. It’s absolutely insane.

Unless these some snitching Bitch there
                          F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
                            Their account have to be flagged for being pro players along with some kind of GPS signature. It’s absolutely insane.

Unless these some snitching Bitch there
                            Yeah what I gathered was that part of the partnership with the gambling companies (Draft Kings, MGM, and etc) is that they use a lot of ways, location data, cookies, and obviously Names, to figure out who is gambling and they actively feed activity information (obviously pretty damn detailed) including location (needed to make sure someonen doesn't gamble in a state they can't) of players and staff to the NFL for review.

Comment

• A whole lot of stuff here. Apparently “team facilities” covers 100% of the time when NFL teams are traveling for games - on the plane, on the bus, at the hotel, whatever. Don’t know if that’s what got some of these guys or not, But if you are a player that likes to make a bet or two, best to have those apps on a device you don’t take with you on the job.

Comment

• I still say it's a stupid rule. There's gotta be a team lounge. They should be able to do whatever they want as long as it's not illegal
                                WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

Working...
                                X