Lions News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
    No he might be useful, injuries happen. No benefit to trading him or waiving him. I said 6th round at best.
    The injury that happens given his past 3 years may be to him.
    I'd just hope that he wasn't the reason they'd not look at a RB in the mid-late rounds - because the depth chart is "full".

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
      No he might be useful, injuries happen. No benefit to trading him or waiving him. I said 6th round at best.
      I still feel people over value any pick vs player with known production capabilities. I get that Holmes has done a lot of great with late round picks. But not only it not reasonable to expect a gold jacket player in the 6th, even Holmes will struggle to find multi year players from late picks as the team gets better.

We just need to look at 2 from last year. Rodrigo and Houston have way exceeded their draft position and are already massive wins. But don't be surprised if either doesn't stick long with the team. As the roster fills out we may find that either have weaknesses in their game that look worse when the rest of the team is doing better. A good team has to let more of these go then they keep. A year with Swift as a backup to a stacked team on a rookie contract is worth more then a probable cut day roster cut and practice squad mainstay.

Comment

• At least Jamo owned up to it. I don’t consider this a huge deal as he didn’t even bet on an NFL game. Rules are rules, though. Man up and take the hit. I just view this as a high ankle sprain.

Jamo is a good dude. Wanting a jersey number And throwing some dough on college football are not red flags. He owned it. Do the time and move on.

Comment

• What a stupid rule that cost the Lions all this ... but they need to know the rules. Oh well. He better be blending with Goff all offseason. I still like QB at 6 unless Anderson or Carter are the pick
          WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• Originally posted by Whitley View Post

Well I was going for irony. But the reality is if they bet across the street from Allen Park then there is no problem.
            Buying a Ford from across that street could be considered a gamble in itself.
            Where are we going; and what's up with this hand basket?

Comment

• Originally posted by The King View Post
              At least Jamo owned up to it. I don’t consider this a huge deal as he didn’t even bet on an NFL game. Rules are rules, though. Man up and take the hit. I just view this as a high ankle sprain.

Jamo is a good dude. Wanting a jersey number And throwing some dough on college football are not red flags. He owned it. Do the time and move on.
              That's really reaching for the positive .

All I see is another season of excuses and apologies for a player who has produced nothing. Seriously, he needs something like 2000 yards and 10 tds in, hopefully, 10 games (I personally don't expect him to be a major factor nor will he be available for his 10 games). At this point all jameson is not more than a cap hit and dead money.

The bloom is off the rose for him. Either produce at an unworldly pace or send him packing and get someone who will be on the field. Talent is irrelevant when not playing.
              Detroit Lions: Where futility is a lifestyle choice.

Comment

• Thank god all humans don’t have to reach that level of production lol

Comment

• Half America can’t even get out of the bed in the morning

Comment

• Swift is still a helluva RB. I’d draft Bijan but squeeze everything I could out of Swift to save the wear and tear on the rook.

Also these gambling rules are shit. The NFL is in partnership with them but they suspend because it’s done in the building for 6 games? That’s crazy town. Not justifying him breaking rules but it’s really garbage.
                    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Yes, setting a level of completely unrealistic performance as the only way Williams can redeem himself is very rational.

Comment

• Originally posted by The King View Post
                        At least Jamo owned up to it. I don’t consider this a huge deal as he didn’t even bet on an NFL game. Rules are rules, though. Man up and take the hit. I just view this as a high ankle sprain.

Well, they are, but they aren't the character damning red flags that some fans who decided they hated the dude pretty much the moment he was drafted want them to be.

Regardless of how dumb the rule is... it's not like it's some secret rule the NFL pulled out of the dustbins from the 1970s. There are at least two separate rookie symposiums that tell players coming into the league exactly what they can and can't do in terms of betting, and teams theoretically are supposed to be reinforcing those rules every offseason. It's not a good look by any stretch of the imagination.

That said, I sincerely doubt JaMo is going to miss 6 games; there's simply nothing about his actions that warrant it. Betting on non-NFL games during a voluntary session not even mandated by the team? I doubt the NFL is going to fight that particularly hard, nor would it hold up before an arbitrator even if they wanted to.
                        Last edited by chemiclord; April 22, 2023, 09:35 AM.

Comment

• Chemy I'm seeing an appeal isn't allowed in this instance, do you see the NFL maybe doing an about-face and reducing JaMo's suspension?

Comment

• I don't know why an appeal isn't allowed unless for some reason the Player's Association agreed that would not be a punishment subject to arbitration... and I hadn't heard such a thing. It's possible though.

Comment

• Seems to be an excessive penalty considering he wasn’t gambling on the NFL.

I don’t think this will be a big deal but listening to the radio, I heard Valenti and Rico ripping on Williams for being “dumb”. I think that’s valid. But Rico up until yesterday was saying the Lions should draft Carter, no questions asked. But when you see what Williams did, and you know what Carter has been involved with, I think you have to weigh the good and the bad with Carter. If you don’t, you risk acts like this.

Comment

• If a team called today and offered a mid to late first round pick in this draft for jamo, would you take it?

Comment

Working...
                                X