No announcement yet.

Lions News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shocking news. Kerryon Johnson suggested that Matt Fatty Patty might be a dick.

Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• Originally posted by dpatnod View Post
      Shocking news. Kerryon Johnson suggested that Matt Fatty Patty might be a dick.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/forme...200134564.html
      You think??

In other news, water is wet, and the Coyote will never catch the Road Runner, the Chuck Jones 1980 animated short Soup or Sonic being the exception.
      "I hope to see the Lions in the Super Bowl before I die"
      My friend Ken L

Comment

• Patricia was a bigger mistake than Mornhinweg and Mooch combined. We wasted some of Stafford’s best years on that complete f’ing asshat.

Maybe it was for the best as the franchise is on such a complete high that I’ve never seen in my lifetime of actually doing things right.

The organization took a look at itself and figured out they need to operate differently and they’re killing it. All the same I wish we could just scrub that scrub from our records. He was a stain
        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• It was rock bottom. They admitted they had a problem…

Comment

• It took a year longer than it should have though...Everyone knew after year 2 that he was a terrible coach, yet Sheila decided to let him and Quinn stay one more year.....That one more year resulted in several bad free agent signings and drafting Jeff Okudah instead of Tua or Herbert....Then again, Dan Campbell or Brad Holmes may not have been hired had Sheila fired Patricia when she should have, so maybe it all works out in the end.

Comment

• Yeah, some damage was done, but if it gave her the time to assess things and make the changes she did, then hard to argue. She could have easily rushed into another bad hire.

Comment

• Originally posted by ghandi View Post
                It took a year longer than it should have though...Everyone knew after year 2 that he was a terrible coach, yet Sheila decided to let him and Quinn stay one more year.....That one more year resulted in several bad free agent signings and drafting Jeff Okudah instead of Tua or Herbert....Then again, Dan Campbell or Brad Holmes may not have been hired had Sheila fired Patricia when she should have, so maybe it all works out in the end.
                Even if a new GM in place very unlikely they would draft Tua or Herbert with Stafford in the fold. Unless you think Stafford asks for a trade then.
                2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Little doubt things would have been different had she fired Patricia after year 2, and no guarantee for the better.

Comment

• Exactly.

Things happen for a reason and the Lions are being talked about like a boss of a team. We took our knocks now it’s time to win
                    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
                      Exactly.

Things happen for a reason and the Lions are being talked about like a boss of a team. We took our knocks now it’s time to win
                      I can't help but think that we are being a little premature with this team. It seems that they are doing things right, for sure, but a half of a good season isn't much of a track record.

We could be in for a letdown
                      I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post

I can't help but think that we are being a little premature with this team. It seems that they are doing things right, for sure, but a half of a good season isn't much of a track record.

We could be in for a letdown
                        This right here.

What Holmes and Campbell have done is navigate the easier part of team building. This league is quite literally designed to pull teams to the middle. That the Lions have resisted that current for the majority of the Ford family's ownership is a sign of their historical incompetence than anything the league was doing to keep them down.

Now comes the hard part; fighting that current and making a .500 team into a champion. Plenty of front offices have been able to do the first part, and stumbled doing the second part. Will this current group? We'll see, though I like their chances.

Comment

• With that being said going 8-2 to end the season is quite impressive.
                          I also look at last years schedule and see losing 5 games to all teams that made the playoffs. The only team not to was the Patriots.
                          then I think that the team with many 2nd year players and rookies were still in their learning phase against those playoff teams.
                          And last that even though they were still in their learning phase they played toe to toe with those teams
                          The few games they didn’t score point, like against Dallas were games where both Swift and St. Brown were either out or still not 100 % healthy.
                          Based on that I don’t think it was a fluke

Comment

• Slow news day today. Only 3 Lions articles to post.

Lions' youngsters get big salary boosts as NFL awards performance-based pay bonuses

Justin Rogers

The Detroit News

Baked into the NFL's collective bargaining agreement is a $336 million fund, divided evenly the league's 32 teams, which compensates players based on their playing time and salary.

The "performance-based pool" is designed to reward players on lower-cost contracts who logged large workloads the previous season. Regardless of any other factor, every player who was on the field for at least one snap receives a fraction of the team's $10.5 million pool.

For the Detroit Lions, 76 players received bonus checks as part of the pool, led by rookie safety Kerby Joseph, who netted a $523,538 bonus, to defensive back Saivion Smith's getting $1,186 for playing just two snaps before suffering a season-ending neck injury. For Joseph, that bonus was nearly three-quarters his $705,000 salary last season.

Here are are the top-10 bonus amounts for Lions players, as well as the number of combined offensive, defensive and special teams snaps each played:

▶ Safety Kerby Joseph, 1,408 snaps, $523,538

▶ Tight end Brock Wright, 762, $451,678

▶ Guard Jonah Jackson, 918 snaps, $441,996

▶ Defensive tackle Isaiah Buggs, 758, $434,816

▶ Wide receiver Amon-Ra St. Brown, 835, $421,923

▶ Linebacker Malcolm Rodriguez, 685, $389,914

▶ Defensive tackle Alim McNeill, 784, $366,610

▶ Cornerback Jerry Jacobs, 619, $366,440.

▶ Safety DeShon Elliott, 889, $355,978

▶ Defensive lineman John Cominsky, 610, $327,154

jdrogers@detroitnews.com

Twitter: @Justin_Rogers

My friend Ken L

Comment

• Detroit Lions keep special teams standout C.J. Moore around on 2-year deal

Dave Birkett

Detroit Free Press

The Detroit Lions had one of the best special teams units in the NFL last season and are keeping one of their core coverage players around for 2023.

The Lions agreed to a two-year, $4.5 million contract Saturday with safety C.J. Moore, NFL Network reported. The deal includes $3 million fully guaranteed, with another $1.25 million available in incentives.

Moore has been a fixture in the Lions' kicking game since he entered the NFL as an undrafted free agent out of Ole Miss in 2019.

Last year, he finished fourth on the team in special teams tackles (seven) and fifth in snaps despite playing in only 11 games. The Lions cut Moore with an injury settlement at the end of training camp, and re-signed him off the Houston Texans' practice squad in October.

Moore played a key role as Jack Fox's personal protector on the punt team and converted two fake punts last season with runs of 13 and 42 yards.

Moore, who reportedly visited the New England Patriots in free agency, is the second special teams standout to re-sign with the Lions in recent days. On Friday, the Lions brought back kicker Michael Badgley on a one-year deal.

The Lions have two core special teams players from last season among their remaining free agents: Linebackers Josh Woods and cornerback Bobby Price. They lost linebacker Chris Board, who signed with New England.

Receiver DJ Chark and cornerback Mike Hughes also remain unsigned, though some across the league believe Chark will return to the Lions after finding a tepid receiver market in free agency.

Contact Dave Birkett at dbirkett@freepress.com. Follow him on Twitter @davebirkett.

My friend Ken L

Comment

• Report: Lions bringing back key special teamer C.J. Moore

Justin Rogers

The Detroit News

Allen Park — On Friday, the Detroit Lions lost one of their top special teams contributors, linebacker Chris Board, to New England. A day later, they made sure it wouldn't be two departures, reaching a two-year agreement to bring back safety C.J. Moore, the NFL Network reported.

Moore has spent most of his professional career with the Lions after signing with the team as an undrafted free agent in 2019, only briefly leaving to join the Houston Texans practice squad after the Lions released him, with an injury settlement, when he suffered an Achilles strain last offseason.

Detroit was eventually able to restore Moore to the roster and he appeared in 11 games in 2022. In four years, no Lions player has logged more special teams snaps than Moore's 1,078. He's also seen defensive action each of the past four seasons, including 104 snaps last year.

"That was hard for us at the end of camp to do what we felt like we had to do just for the roster," Lions coach Dan Campbell said about cutting Moore. "We didn’t want to lose him, but we felt like we had to do it at that moment. And so, we — (general manager) Brad (Holmes) and I — had our eye on C.J. the whole time. We knew we had to get through the injury-settlement period, and then when we had the chance to get him back, (we did).

"He’s a pivotal piece to our special teams, first off," Campbell said. "But he also understands the defense; he’s been a part of it. He’s a guy that it means a lot to him, he cares, he’s a professional and guys love him, man. He’s an energy guy."

Moore had visited with the Patriots in recent days before agreeing with the Lions. According to the NFL Network, the two-year deal is worth up to $4.5 million with $3 million fully guaranteed.

jdrogers@detroitnews.com

Twitter: @Justin_Rogers

My friend Ken L

Comment

Working...
                                X