• Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tom View Post
    But this is the guy that said firing Patricia was a bad move
    I'm sorry, WHAT?
    "Yeah, we just... we don't want them to go. So that's our motivation."
    Dan Campbell at Green Bay, January 8, 2023.​

Comment

• Yeah, as things were looking bleak for Patricia, I think Monarrez made a plea through his writing for the Lions to keep him. The only thing I can think is that he saw it as an opportunity to keep crapping on the Lions. He said something to the effect of “I think he’s learned from his mistakes and he deserves an opportunity to right the ship”.

Comment

• An obvious fireable offense
        Paul Rudd Wear A Mask GIF by GIPHY News
        Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Monarrez's entire angle is to find whatever the prevailing thought is among the general fanbase, and then "explain" why it is a stupid idea. Sometimes it honestly works (because honestly the fan base can get some really stupid ideas in their head), but being right is secondary to driving engagement through anger. Any attention is good attention in the current world of journalism, and it's a lot easier to get clicks by pissing people off than by making novel observations.
          Last edited by chemiclord; February 28, 2023, 09:47 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
            Monarrez's entire angle is to find whatever the prevailing thought is among the general fanbase, and then "explain" why it is a stupid idea. Sometimes it honestly works (because honestly the fan base can get some really stupid ideas in their head), but being right is secondary to driving engagement through anger (any attention is good attention in the current world of journalism, and it's a lot easier to get clicks by pissing people off than by making novel observations.
            (because honestly the fan base can get some really stupid ideas in their head),
            So there's literally hundreds of thousands people hinging on these guys word(s) . Almost everything these people know comes from them. Which is sad. But, I put a lot of the blame for the general ignorance on the people that are actually being paid to inform the fans. Unless of course they're being paid to entertain.

And it is cheap theater at best. IF people had sense, they would turn away from this sort of manipulism. But, it seems more and more, people are happy to be as dumbed down as they can be. It's like a really bad movie where the bad guy doesn't lose.
            Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
              Monarrez's entire angle is to find whatever the prevailing thought is among the general fanbase, and then "explain" why it is a stupid idea. Sometimes it honestly works (because honestly the fan base can get some really stupid ideas in their head), but being right is secondary to driving engagement through anger. Any attention is good attention in the current world of journalism, and it's a lot easier to get clicks by pissing people off than by making novel observations.
              That last sentence sums it up nicely for Carlos
              F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post

So there's literally hundreds of thousands people hinging on these guys word(s) . Almost everything these people know comes from them. Which is sad. But, I put a lot of the blame for the general ignorance on the people that are actually being paid to inform the fans. Unless of course they're being paid to entertain.

And it is cheap theater at best. IF people had sense, they would turn away from this sort of manipulism. But, it seems more and more, people are happy to be as dumbed down as they can be. It's like a really bad movie where the bad guy doesn't lose.
                I used to think Terry Foster was exactly like that but when he’s on Woodward he explains his thoughts. He’s not coming off as completely pessimistic all the time which is refreshing

I actually like the guy now
                F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• I wish all these guys would lead with, "This is just entertainment. We don't know any more then any other person(s) with casual knowledge. But nope. They're all like, Carlos' Mock draft 2.9999 will be coming out tomorrow and you have got to see who he has your team picking. And that person becomes the thing they talk about. It's really bad. If you ever listened to local sports radio and heard the calls? Aw man.

Comment

• Well. They seem to have good DL coming into the NFL...

Lions hire Penn State DL coach John Scott

Posted by Josh Alper on February 28, 2023, 6:35 AM EST

Getty Images

The Lions have plucked a coach away from Penn State.

According to multiple reports, the Lions have hired defensive line coach John Scott for a job on Dan Campbell’s staff. The specific role is not known, but the Lions have an opening for a defensive line coach after Todd Wash left the team to take a job with the Panthers.

Penn State head coach James Franklin said farewell to Scott on social media without a specific mention of where he’s going beyond taking a job in the NFL.

Scott was at Penn State for the last three seasons. His only previous NFL experience came with the Jets in 2015-2016 and he’s also worked for South Carolina, Arkansas, and Texas Tech.

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post

lol and today his article is the Lions should give up the 6th pick for jalen Ramsey.....

Comment

• Originally posted by ghandi View Post

lol and today his article is the Lions should give up the 6th pick for jalen Ramsey.....
                        no friggin way
                        F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by ghandi View Post

It's a setup article so if the secondary struggles at all he can rip on the Lions for not trading for Ramsey.
                          2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• I dont think Carlos was around when the Lions traded the 7th pick (which ended up being a hall of fame tackle named Willie Roaf) for Pat Swilling who was washed up about a season later......

Comment

• I'd forgot about that. (Probably to save my sanity)

Comment

• But holy jumpin jacks are the rumors of Ramsey being traded and Detroit be THE place are hot as an incinerator. It's being reported that most at the Combine are looking at it as a done deal.

I'll believe it when I see it.

Comment

Working...
                                X