Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plus Thibs put up HoF numbers right?
    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post

To me you have to go back, to the Wayne years to even get close. Since then it's been a parade of joyless people being very insecure.
      Mooch was alright. Just didn't win but we all know whose fault that was.
      "Yeah, we just... we don't want them to go. So that's our motivation."
      Dan Campbell at Green Bay, January 8, 2023.​

Comment

• Watching some of Ben Johnson's media interviews, he looks and sounds kinda like a less mellow version of Tom Brady
        WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• Mooch wasn't joyless or insecure but he showed no personality in his time here. He was the most hyped hire they had and his tenure was as nondescript as any Lion coach.

Comment

• Mooch was a guy in a position that wasn't likely to succeed in the first place (that roster was not good to begin with), but what talent was there was completely unsuited for what he liked to do. Let's take a bunch of receivers known for downfield plays, couple them with a QBs whose primary strength in college was the deep ball, and hire a coach steeped in the West Coast Offense! Brilliant! How could that possibly fail?!!!

Comment

• IDK….his inability to develop and play the young players he drafted (and his infamous “I hate rookies” speech) came off as a little insecure to me.

I always though of mooch as one of those guys who was so afraid to make a mistake that he never did anything good either (at least while in Detroit)

Comment

• Oh, you're absolutely right. Pretty much nothing about that team meshed. My point was that even the basic premise of what Millen tried to do was critically flawed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Forsh View Post
                  Watching some of Ben Johnson's media interviews, he looks and sounds kinda like a less mellow version of Tom Brady
                  While Ben Johnson has shown he has a very high football IQ, I just dont know if he is ready for a NFL head coaching job.....Maybe part of that is just selfishness on our part, in that we'd hate to see him leave, but he really has only been a coordinator for one year and worked on the passing game a little before that ....Im jsut not sure he is ready to jump into a place like Houston, Indy, or Carolina with all their issues and no solid QB to work with.

Comment

• Have you looked at who has been hired as coaches lately? The fad is young white guy coordinators with little experience.

Comment

• There's no tried and true method on hiring a coach. The article I posted form The Ringer ran through a lot of the trends/pathways that teams tend to use and what's good and bad about all of them. The truth is, some of the best coaches in the league had little more experience than Ben Johnson does right now - including his current head coach.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                        Have you looked at who has been hired as coaches lately? The fad is young white guy coordinators with little experience.
                        Does that trigger you Nancy? I’m sure these damn near billion dollar teams don’t do any type of background. They just go for the white guy.
                        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• I was replying to ghandi. If anyone is triggered, it might be you. It's the good old boys network and they are trying to replicate Sean McVay. I'm sure they do their homework, but you are kidding yourself if you think their homework doesn't reinforce their priors. The fact is the league has gone in that trend. I'm not making something up.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post

Does that trigger you Nancy? I’m sure these damn near billion dollar teams don’t do any type of background. They just go for the white guy.
                            To be fair, we didn't do any background on Fatty Matty Patty.

Comment

• Remember the homework they did on Coach Marty.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
                                Mooch was a guy in a position that wasn't likely to succeed in the first place (that roster was not good to begin with), but what talent was there was completely unsuited for what he liked to do. Let's take a bunch of receivers known for downfield plays, couple them with a QBs whose primary strength in college was the deep ball, and hire a coach steeped in the West Coast Offense! Brilliant! How could that possibly fail?!!!
                                One of the many, many, many problems with that so-called GM was what I call his Plan B tunnel vision. He wanted Mooch as his first HC hire. Mooch was unavailable, so he got Mooch's motorcycle-riding OC. Two years later he was still clamoring for Mooch and got his guy. He really wanted Steve Hutchinson, but Seattle sniped him in the pick prior, so he grabs his friggen teammate. Instead of grabbing the best coach or the best player, he settles for the ersatz when the guy he wants is gone.

Comment

Working...
                                X