No announcement yet.

Lions News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A lot of these guys are a priority to bring back, but you want to bring them back at a similar price. They are priorities because that's how you create depth. Guys like Dan Skipper and Evan Brown aren't great but they are pretty good backups and can be counted on in a pinch. Some of these guys are willing to go in and out of the practice squad like Tom Kennedy, CJ Moore and Skipper are valuable. In any year you might use 75 players. Some of the good years of the Lions were screwed up because they didn't have that depth.

Comment

• The Lions this year were not a true Super Bowl contenders, but they were a team that fit the profile of Super Bowl winners that got favorable matchups and were peaking at the right time. Think of those Giant teams or that Raven team.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
        The Lions this year were not a true Super Bowl contenders, but they were a team that fit the profile of Super Bowl winners that got favorable matchups and were peaking at the right time. Think of those Giant teams or that Raven team.
        Yep.

But I think that missing out on the playoffs, but beating Green Bay and knocking them out was a better outcome than actually getting into the playoffs. They would not have won the Superbowl and probably would have had a disappointing loss.

With the way the season played out, the Lions are one of two teams that will finish the season going out as a "winner"
        I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• If those rookie defenders from last years class takes that next step this team could be scary next year. I know Hutch will never put up the numbers that Thibs did but when he starts filling out he’s going to be crazy good

I mean Thibs should win the rookie of the year right? He was unstoppable this year? Or are their new excuses for him? Like he was double teamed so much last year
          F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
            A lot of these guys are a priority to bring back, but you want to bring them back at a similar price. They are priorities because that's how you create depth. Guys like Dan Skipper and Evan Brown aren't great but they are pretty good backups and can be counted on in a pinch. Some of these guys are willing to go in and out of the practice squad like Tom Kennedy, CJ Moore and Skipper are valuable. In any year you might use 75 players. Some of the good years of the Lions were screwed up because they didn't have that depth.
            Exactly. The Skippers of the world are important to keep because they know the system, can step in at numerous positions and give the team lots of flexibility. He's not going to make a lot of money, but bringing him and Brown back means the OL has depth and versatility carried forward. Then you can focus on who's going to be the starter at RG.

Comment

• I wonder what happens with Tracy Walker. If he's healthy, he probably is still better than Joseph, altho Joseph costs much less and has a nose for the ball. Still ... is either a run stuffing safety? Can't really play them both plus Elliott
              WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• Originally posted by Forsh View Post
                I wonder what happens with Tracy Walker. If he's healthy, he probably is still better than Joseph, altho Joseph costs much less and has a nose for the ball. Still ... is either a run stuffing safety? Can't really play them both plus Elliott
                I was thinking that too.....Joseph and Walker play the same spot....Elliott makes a big difference but he is hurt alot......I think they tried Walker at SS at first but he is much better at free safety....Usually injuries sort these things out and its not a major problem.

Comment

• Before his injury, Walker was their best defensive player. You lose cap space if you waive Walker, he's definitely back.

Comment

• Yeah, if anyone Elliot is going to be the odd man out.

Comment

• Originally posted by ghandi View Post
                      Lions have 17 unrestricted free agents...who goes and who stays?

Anzelone
                      D. Elliott
                      E. Brown
                      Buggs
                      W. Harris
                      M Hughes
                      Cominsky
                      Amari O
                      Jamaal W
                      Skipper
                      Justin Jackson
                      Austin Bryant
                      Chris Board
                      Badgley
                      CJ Moore
                      Josh Woods
                      Nate Sudfeld
                      Anzelone- Stays as a backup/ST/CHEAP
                      D. Elliott- Keeper
                      E. Brown- If he's cheap
                      Buggs- Ditto
                      W. Harris- Ditto
                      M Hughes- he gone
                      Cominsky- Keep
                      Amari O- CYA!
                      Jamaal W- Keep for the right number
                      Skipper- If he's cheap
                      Justin Jackson- Like but meh
                      Austin Bryant- CYA
                      Chris Board- CYA
                      Badgley- CYA
                      CJ Moore- CYA
                      Josh Woods- Isn't he a STs ace? Keep.
                      Nate Sudfeld- CYA​
                      Apathetic No More.

Comment

• Yeah Josh Woods is a stud on special teams and I dont think he would be too expensive.

Comment

• Please go to the:55 second mark.

#birdsarentreal

Comment

• Wow, obviously means a lot to him. That’s cool. It’s amazing what this season has meant for all of us. I think I have a glimmer of hope again.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Deborah- View Post
                              Please go to the:55 second mark.

Pretty great. I kind of wonder if Spielman (for all some wonder exactly what he does) is the real Lions' MVP.

I give Sheila credit for making the moves, but did Spielman advise on seemingly the best GM and head coach they could've hired ... separately yet somehow both at the same time? It's storybook, really
                              WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• Originally posted by -Deborah- View Post
                                Please go to the:55 second mark.

Holy shit. I didn’t think I could possibly like a team anymore. What an amazing interview from Holmes. Those back to back draft classes have been some of the best ever.

We’ve had a few good ones here and there but never anything like this

Def feeling the One Pride
                                F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

Working...
                                X