X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeff Okudah is expected to miss Thursday’s game with a concussion

Posted by Josh Alper on November 21, 2022, 10:03 AM EST

Getty Images

Lions cornerback Jeff Okudah has been having a strong season, but he probably won’t get a chance to help the team in their bid for a fourth straight win.

Okudah suffered a concussion in the first half of Sunday’s 31-18 win over the Giants and head coach Dan Campbell said that the quick turnaround to face the Bills on Thanksgiving is almost certainly going to be too short for Okudah to get cleared.

“No,” Campbell said, via the team’s website. “He’ll be out I’m pretty sure. We just talked about it; I don’t think there is any way possible he can play.”

Jerry Jacobs, Mike Hughes, and Amani Oruwariye will be the top corners for the Lions with Okudah out of action and they’ll have their hands full with the Bills offense in a few days.
    Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Great news on Williams. Maybe we see him after the Thanksgiving game.

Comment

• So the Lions should be expecting a long list of reinforcements back vs Jacksonville in 13 days.
        Jameson Williams, Josh Reynolds, Josh Paschal, Romeo Okwara, and Jeff Okudah. Who else am I missing…

If the Lions miraculously defeat the Bills on Thanksgiving… Lions fans will be feeling euphoric.
        AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Lions win on Thanksgiving and I am going to the emergency room since I am clearly hallucinating and would have to be suffering from a brain injury.

Comment

• Looks like the last four game winning streak was 2014, when they had two.
            Last edited by Sanders Fan; November 21, 2022, 02:29 PM.
            3,062 carries, 15,269 yards, 5.0 yards/carry, 99 TD
            10x Pro Bowl, 6x All-Pro, 1997 MVP, 2004 NFL HoF

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
              So the Lions should be expecting a long list of reinforcements back vs Jacksonville in 13 days.
              Jameson Williams, Josh Reynolds, Josh Paschal, Romeo Okwara, and Jeff Okudah. Who else am I missing…

If the Lions miraculously defeat the Bills on Thanksgiving… Lions fans will be feeling euphoric.
              I look at the Bills game the same way I looked at the Philly game. It would be super awesome if they won, but they are out skilled. They are what we hope to be in a year or two.

I am not gonna hang them if they lose.
              Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post

I look at the Bills game the same way I looked at the Philly game. It would be super awesome if they won, but they are out skilled. They are what we hope to be in a year or two.

I am not gonna hang them if they lose.
                How I react depends on how they lose. I've accepted they won't win.

Comment

• Never say never. Stunners in the NFL happen every week.

Such as Urban Meyer’s Jaguars defeating the mighty Josh Allen led Bills last season. Gotta believe!
                  Game summary of the Jacksonville Jaguars vs. Buffalo Bills NFL game, final score 9-6, from November 7, 2021 on ESPN.
                  AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Charles Harris, Josh Paschal, Josh Reynolds remain out of practice

Posted by Charean Williams on November 21, 2022, 4:29 PM EST

Getty Images

The Lions already have ruled out cornerback Jeff Okudah for Thursday’s game against the Bills. The turnaround time isn’t long enough for Okudah to recover from a concussion.

They hope to have some of the players who didn’t play Sunday back for Thursday, but defensive lineman Charles Harris (groin), defensive lineman Josh Paschal (knee) and receiver Josh Reynolds (back) remained out of practice Monday.

The team did not practice, so its report is an estimation.

Offensive lineman Evan Brown (ankle) and center Frank Ragnow (foot) also were listed as non-participants.

Ragnow played every snap Sunday despite being questionable entering the game. Brown started at right guard but played only 14 snaps.

Receiver DJ Chark (ankle) was listed as limited. He played 11 snaps in his return.

Linebacker Malcolm Rodriguez (elbow) and running back D'Andre Swift (ankle/shoulder) were full participants.

Comment

• I thought Chark was going to be a steal for this team. He’s been a disappointment for sure and that WR room is going to get much better when Williams comes back.
                      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Dan Campbell: We’ll see where Jameson Williams can go and how fast he can get there

Posted by Myles Simmons on November 22, 2022, 9:46 AM EST

Getty Images

There was some good news out of Detroit on Monday, as the Lions opened the practice window for rookie receiver Jameson Williams.

The 12th overall pick of this year’s draft, Williams tore his ACL while playing for Alabama in January’s national championship game. But now he’s getting close to making his season debut.

Given that Detroit will barely practice with a Thanksgiving game this week, why now?

“Yeah, just to get him involved, get him around, see where he can go with it,” head coach Dan Campbell said in his Monday press conference. “I mean, he’s going to run some routes here in a minute. He and a few of our receivers, we’re going to let them — let them run a little bit and have [Tim] Boyle throw to them. And just get his legs under him from a football aspect.”

Campbell admitted there will be a learning curve for Williams, but the Lions are going to ask him to do things that he does best and can help Detroit win. The head coach also didn’t seem sure if Williams will need the full three weeks of the practice window to get ready to play.

“Yeah, it’s a good question,” Campbell said. “I mean, I think it’s just let’s see where he’s at because really the rehab that he’s done now that even though this is technically not practice if you will it’s more walk-through mode. But the things that he’ll do starting [Monday] out there live are much more football oriented. So, I think we — we’ll just see where he can go and see how fast he can get there.”

The Lions have won three in a row to improve to 4-6. The club has scored 31 points in two consecutive games and enters Week 12 No. 6 in total yards and No. 8 in points scored.

“Jamo’s been around them, he’s been in the meetings and there’s a good rapport,” Campbell said. “And when that time comes, he’ll earn the respect from his teammates like the rest of those guys have.”

Comment

• I still can’t believe we landed Williams in the draft. He’s going to incredible. His tape pops
                          F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Campbell said the Lions started Williams on Monday with some simple route-running and will introduce further challenges Tuesday and Wednesday.

This is where Lions 'need to get to' before activating Jameson Williams

By Will Burchfield

The Lions returned 12th overall pick Jameson Williams to practice on Monday in hopes of activating him within the next three weeks.

What will they need to see from the speedy wide receiver, who tore his ACL in the national championship last season, to know that he's ready?

"Just a comfort level around bodies, his change of direction as it pertains to defensive backs on him, quarterback throwing the ball," Dan Campbell said Tuesday on the Stoney & Jansen Show. "You just want to know that that’s something he can get used to or accustomed to fast enough.

"It’s different to do things on grass or on air with nobody else around or in a competitive setting. That’s where we need to get to before we feel real good. And then we want him to feel comfortable with it, too."

To that end, Campbell said the Lions started Williams on Monday with some simple route-running and will introduce further challenges Tuesday and Wednesday. How Williams responds will dictate if and when he makes his NFL debut this season.

"We’ll start incorporating getting some bodies around him and just see how fast he can get it and how comfortable we all are with it," Campbell with it.

While the Lions could activate Williams for Thursday's Thanksgiving game against the Bills, the much likelier scenario is either next week against the Jaguars or the week after at the Vikings.

Campbell has been clear they won't bring him back until he's 100 percent ready.​

Comment

• Detroit Lions v New York Giants

Aidan Hutchinson nominated for Rookie of the Week for third time

By Jeremy Reisman

Comment

• So glad JAX picked Walker
                                F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X