No announcement yet.

Lions News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They still need a more reliable pass rush. Hutch has done well but we need more help from the DEs.
    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Let's see what Romeo does. He has began to start practicing and have 21 days to get on the field. He's playing for the unguaranteed portion of his contract (after this year) so let's see what he has. If not he will need to be cut and they will need to continue to add there. Josh P isn't bad, he just doesn't seem to pop off the edge. I believe he will be better on obvious passing downs lined up on the interior.
      Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Mamba is back

Josh Reynolds returns to practice for Lions

Posted by Josh Alper on November 17, 2022, 3:14 PM EST

Getty Images

The Lions have been shorthanded at receiver for weeks, but they’re getting closer to playing with a full deck.

Josh Reynolds was on the practice field Thursday. Reynolds has missed the last two games with a back injury, but was working during the portion of Thursday’s session that was open to the media.

The Lions also had DJ Chark on the field after designating him to return from injured reserve earlier this week. Reynolds, Chark, and Amon-Ra St. Brown came into the season as the team’s top three wideouts and Thursday was the first time since Chark got hurt in Week Three that they’ve had all three of them working together.

First-round pick Jameson Williams is set to flesh out that group, although his return from a torn ACL is not expected to take a step forward until after Thanksgiving.
        Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• The Lions, as a franchise, haven't been playing with a full deck for the last 60 years.

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post
            Let's see what Romeo does. He has began to start practicing and have 21 days to get on the field. He's playing for the unguaranteed portion of his contract (after this year) so let's see what he has. If not he will need to be cut and they will need to continue to add there. Josh P isn't bad, he just doesn't seem to pop off the edge. I believe he will be better on obvious passing downs lined up on the interior.
            I think that’s exactly what the Lions think of Paschal as well. He’s a rush from middle of the line. I’m generally not a huge fan unless it’s Suh or Gerald McCoy but those guys were freaks.

Paschal is a nice piece to the defense
            F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Josh P = Paschal

Comment

• Yes I’m aware.. I was referring to you no popping off the edge. I don’t think they ever saw him as an edge.
                F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• He's too small to play a lot of snaps inside, so if they drafted a situational interior rusher in the 2nd round, that's a problem. I think they want him to be their base DE on 1st and 2nd down opposite Hutch. But he has yet to show he has the pass rush chops for that.

Comment

• It's notable that Hutchinson has been much better since Paschal came in. It allowed them to switch positions with Hutchinson out of what they call the Big End. The defense they run doesn't look like it is designed to have two ends with their ears pinned back to get.to.the quarterback. It will be interesting to see what happens when Romeo Okwara comes back.

Comment

• Paschal is injured too FYI. Knee injury. Probably out vs the Giants. I’m guessing we don’t see him back until the Jaguars game.

Time for John Cominsky to step back up in that role.
                      AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
                        Paschal is injured too FYI. Knee injury. Probably out vs the Giants. I’m guessing we don’t see him back until the Jaguars game.

Time for John Cominsky to step back up in that role.
                        He hasn't been the same since he was injured.

Comment

• Here we go…

Can I dream about Jameson Williams miraculously being available on Thanksgiving? His body with a freakish recovery like Giannis in the 2021 NBA playoffs?! Nah… it’s always been vs Jacksonville as the target date.
                          AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Yes!

Comment

• Detroit Lions stock watch: Aidan Hutchinson making case for Defensive Rookie of the Year

Dave Birkett breaks down the Detroit Lions' 31-18 win over the New York Giants and looks at players and coaches who helped and hurt their stock Sunday:

Stock up

DL Aidan Hutchinson: New York Jets cornerback Sauce Gardner is still the favorite for NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year, but Hutchinson is hot on his heels after another head-turning performance Sunday. Hutchinson made an impressively athletic interception in the second quarter that turned momentum the Lions’ way. He also recovered a fumble in the fourth quarter, and now has 5.5 sacks and two picks on the season. Gardner will be tough to beat for the award, given he is playing on a better team and in a bigger media market. But Hutchinson keeps delivering highlight plays for the Lions’ improving defense.

Lions defensive end Aidan Hutchinson (97) battles for position with Giants wide receiver Kenny Golladay (19) on Nov. 20, 2022, in East Rutherford, N.J.​
                              Great pic

Comment

• Lions open practice window for Jameson Williams

Posted by Josh Alper on November 21, 2022, 11:39 AM EST

Getty Images

Lions head coach Dan Campbell said last week that the team hopes to have rookie wide receiver Jameson Williams in the lineup after Thanksgiving and they’re starting the process of getting him ready to play on Monday.

The team announced that they are opening the window for Williams to practice with the team ahead of being activated from the non-football injury list. Williams, who tore his ACL while playing for Alabama, will have 21 days to practice with the team before reaching a deadline to activate him and he can be activated at any point in that window.

With a game against the Bills on tap for Thursday, the Lions will only be holding a walkthrough practice on Monday so Williams will be able to ease himself back into the mix.

The Lions are currently on a three-game winning streak and Williams’ move toward making his NFL debut is another reason to feel good about the trajectory that things are on in Detroit right now.

Comment

Working...
                                X