Lions News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post

Not being facetious in the least. I just don't think we know the whole story and truthfully it doesn't matter to me. Campbell is within his right to fire any assistant to try and improve the product on the field. If they don't improve he is getting the Ziggy.

Maybe Pleasant was scapegoated or maybe he was not coaching them sufficiently. Who knows. Maybe the Miami game was the last straw. But it's not like firing a position coach buys you time if the results don't improve. Campbell isn't going to get another year because he fired Aubrey Pleasant. He may get another year for a whole host of reasons, but he has the right to fire coaches in season. It is shocking for the Lions because you kind of have to go back to the Lions under Wayne to see an in season firing.
    My point is he is blind or dumb. Regardless of who he hires or fires he's screaming he can't see the crap unfolding in front of him. It's dumb on multiple levels.

He has no way to be successful if he can't address the game in front of him. I care less about that strawman issue your trying to build there. We have a doufus HC that either can't or won't address the game in front of him until the following Tuesday and you're talking about what he did 48 hours later? Who gives AF really at that point?
    Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post

Well, that's the story that follows what Campbell and Glenn said from their own mouths and what we saw with our own eyes. There's really no way to spin their own words that don't eventually distill down to either (1) they're idiots, or (2) they're lying. Okay, I guess it could be both, but for this particular scenario, it seems to me that (2) is the far more likely scenario... but hey, I'm open to accepting (1). God knows they'd hardly be the first completely bumbling fools the Lions have hired.
      And it says something about Chris Spielman too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post

My point is he is blind or dumb. Regardless of who he hires or fires he's screaming he can't see the crap unfolding in front of him. It's dumb on multiple levels.

He has no way to be successful if he can't address the game in front of him. I care less about that strawman issue your trying to build there. We have a doufus HC that either can't or won't address the game in front of him until the following Tuesday and you're talking about what he did 48 hours later? Who gives AF really at that point?
        I wasn't building a straw man, I was responding to your assertion that I have bought into Campbell's story. We don't have to be in lockstep on what happened.

Comment

• You guys might all be over reading this. Someone had to be "to blame" and Campbell "blamed" someone. This firing seems like a pretty average scapegoat scenario to me. Not that the DBs have been good, but they've been far better than the D line or LBs. Pleasant would have been the last of those 3 position coaches I'd would have guessed was about to be fired.

Comment

• It's a scapegoat firing, someone wanted blood and they got it. He took the blame for it in the post game press conference. He's not going to fire himself though.

Comment

• Originally posted by JGSpartan View Post
              It's a scapegoat firing, someone wanted blood and they got it. He took the blame for it in the post game press conference. He's not going to fire himself though.
              He could resign though.......Then again no one walks away from millions of dollars, especially since it is his first (and probably last) head coaching gig.

Comment

• This might just be a rando on the internet, but he seems to know what he's talking about and was pretty entertaining ...

Comment

• Nah. That would be quitting in his mind and I doubt he sees himself as a quitter.

Let me be clear, I don't care if he didn't fire Pleasant, He complained about something that didn't happen for the whole game that he had the best seat at and the most opportunity to change. He reported it to us as if he was a victim.

Before this though I think he could have fired Glenn at the end of the season and a number of fans would think things will be ok. They won't. Time to move on.
                  Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• That guy cracks me up with the film study. I know he does not like Glenn, Campbell and Holmes.

Comment

• "Harris is guarding grass" had me dying.

Comment

• Parker stinks

Comment

• Fake left, roll right
                          Fake right roll left

It doesn't matter it will be wide open

Comment

• Kerby Joseph: Breaking down the Lions rookie safety in Week 8

FILM ROOM

Comment

• I've definitely been liking Joseph. Some of the other young guys too. It's nice when you see the flashes of talent but the mistakes are very frustrating too.

Comment

• Kirby was mentioned by CBS recently. He might be another good find.
                                F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

Working...
                                X