No announcement yet.

Lions News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guess there needed to be some kind of shakeup but it doesn’t get my hopes up. This year is now a write off, if there’s no real improvement next year I’ll join the fire Campbell/Holmes crowd.

Comment

• Report: Lions fire DBs coach Aubrey Pleasant

Posted by Myles Simmons on October 31, 2022, 12:50 PM EDT

Getty Images

At 1-6 and with the league’s worst defense, the Lions have made a move on their coaching staff.

According to Dave Birkett of the Detroit Free Press, the team has fired defensive pass game coordinator/defensive backs coach Aubrey Pleasant.

Pleasant joined the Detroit staff when head coach Dan Campbell was hired in 2021. He previously was the Rams’ cornerbacks coach under Sean McVay from 2017-2020. He worked with McVay with Washington from 2013-2016.

The Lions’ defense has struggled all year, as the unit currently ranks last in points allowed and yards allowed. On Sunday, quarterback Tua Tagovailoa passed for 382 yards and three touchdowns. Receiver Tyreek Hill caught 12 passes for 188 yards. Receiver Jaylen Waddle caught eight passes for 106 yards with a pair of TDs.

Campbell has said that he believes in defensive coordinator Aaron Glenn, saying at the beginning of the month that he feels Glenn is the right man for the job to turn around Detroit’s defense.

Since taking over as head coach Campbell is 4-19-1.

The Lions will play the Packers for the first time this season in Week Nine.
      Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• One comment on that article that I'm sure Froot or Chemi wrote:
        golions1 says:
        October 31, 2022 at 1:30 pm
        This entire organization from ownership on down should be figuratively set on fire and catapulted into the Detroit River.
        Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post

No. Because they fall in LOVE with players because they will play hard and not give up. Big Woop. Sounds like HS coach talk. Reminds me of Morenelli. I've seen a lot of hard working scrubs. That don't change the fact that they were loser scrubs. Maybe Campbell has a soft spot because he himself was a hard working scrub.
          I think they did fall in love with a few players. But if you had a successful coaching staff and a good.front office, they would identify useful players out of guys you consider loser scrubs.

Comment

• Elon, please buy the Lions and fire EVERYONE.
            "Yeah, we just... we don't want them to go. So that's our motivation."
            Dan Campbell at Green Bay, January 8, 2023.​

Comment

• The problem is they get too close to those guys IMHO.

Comment

• Unbelievable. Guy wins 4 games in 2 years and says this...

Dan Campbell: Firing Aubrey Pleasant was tough, but we’re a production-based business

Posted by Michael David Smith on October 31, 2022, 3:16 PM EDT

Getty Images

Lions head coach Dan Campbell said today that he didn’t want to fire defensive backs coach Aubrey Pleasant, but the Lions’ struggles this season demanded it.

“I think Aubrey is a hell of a coach. I have a ton of respect for him. It was a tough decision, but we’re a production-based business and after seven weeks, it just felt like this change needed to be made,” Campbell said. “I wish him the best of luck and I appreciate everything he’s put into it. He put his heart and soul into everything he did.”

Campbell called firing an assistant the worst part of a head coach’s job but said it was necessary because the Lions’ secondary hasn’t gotten any better over the first seven games of the season.

“I thought about it a long time last night, didn’t sleep and thought about it some more, then woke up this morning and this was the decision we had to make,” Campbell said. “It’s all-encompassing after seven weeks.”

Safeties coach Brian Duker and defensive quality control coach Addison Lynch will handle Pleasant’s pervious responsibilities.

Comment

• Would be a good trade for us. But I doubt they LOVE him though...

Robert Saleh doesn’t expect Jets to trade Elijah Moore

Posted by Josh Alper on October 31, 2022, 3:53 PM EDT

Getty Images

Wide receiver Elijah Moore was back in the Jets lineup on Sunday, but his postgame comments suggested that he wasn’t particularly happy to be there.

Moore complained about a lack of targets in Week Six and wound up inactive for Week Seven after requesting a trade. Moore was targeted once in Sunday’s loss to the Patriots and then said he didn’t know if he had chemistry with quarterback Zach Wilson because “I don’t get the ball.”

The Jets said last week that they will not trade Moore, who joined the team as a second-round pick last year, and the new comments meant that the question of Moore’s future came up again at head coach Robert Saleh’s press conference on Monday.

Saleh said that he does not expect the Jets to deal Moore before Tuesday’s 4 p.m. ET trade deadline and the events of the last couple of weeks make it hard to believe anyone’s going to make an attractive enough offer to change that outlook, but we’ll know for sure in about 24 hours.

Comment

• You really think the Lions should be buying atm? I guess he would be under contract so it's not just a rental but I imagine the cost is inflated if they don't want to move him. What would you give?

Comment

• Nothing better than undersized malcontent receivers
                      WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by JGSpartan View Post
                          You really think the Lions should be buying atm? I guess he would be under contract so it's not just a rental but I imagine the cost is inflated if they don't want to move him. What would you give?
                          They used a 5th on a guy they cut and let him go back to the team they traded him away from. A fifth?

Well Slay was a "malcontent" here when he was traded. Moore has skill and he's quick with a little speed.

People really underestimate the speed needed to compete today in the NFL. We have 2 WRs. 1 is hurt. And dude is still on his rookie deal too. Whatever.

Comment

• Well it was plain as the nose on our face that it was the defensive backs coach's fault.....Lets just hope it wasnt too late and that 11-6 will make the playoffs.....

Comment

• On fire today G

Comment

• we’re a production-based business
                                Will that be his "9 and 7 ain't good enough" statement?

Comment

Working...
                                X