Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6 wins

Comment

• How many did I think they would get? 5 or 6.

How many did I think they should get two offseasons into a rebuild? 7 to 9.

So far, they are underperforming even my very low expectations.

Comment

• Pleasant the first sacrificial lamb to get chopped
        Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Cool. Now fire the rest of them.

Comment

• 6 wins was my thinking as well. Without a drastic turnaround, that's gone bye-bye. But it's more about the way they are losing, in particular how awful the defense looks. I was expecting the defense to be bad, but not THIS bad, especially the DL.

Comment

• The Rams under Fisher were widely mocked because they were always 7-9 or 6-10. According to Kreton's argument, that is the same as a 1 win team. They finished 4-12 in Fisher's final year. They had no 1st round pick and were right in the middle of the league in cap space. They were 11-5 in McVay's first year and Les Snead's mantra is fuck dem picks. They didn't come in and tear it down to the studs.
              Last edited by froot loops; October 31, 2022, 11:52 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post

I refuse to accept throwing good money after bad. If the Lions actually hire competent leaders, they'll figure it out.
                You know as I do the chances they "actually hire competent leaders" is more of a crap shoot then DC or Holmes getting it right. I just think this may be as close to competency that we'll see in awhile.

Chances are they'll screw up the next with an "opposite" coach. SO an old hard az coach that runs the players to death and treats them shitty because, you know, the players were catered to and needed to play harder.

THEN the players will take the first opportunity they have to leave. At least the good players. The terrible ones will stay around forever. Wash -Rinse-Repeat

Look, I am not happy with what we're seeing from this bunch, but, this IS a
                zugzwang
                situation. A situation in which the obligation to make a move in one's turn is a serious, often decisive, disadvantage. The alternative? Add someone that changes the chemistry and direction. If DC doesn't like it? Good-bye.
                Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• 6 wins were my low thought too.

And honestly, DC (and/or his staff) has cost us 2 more. So talent wise, we're slow, but still on schedule. If Holmes can't find players that can't start with a healthy injury history, he should go.

We knew they were new to this. All of us. Now everyone is acting like they aren't learning on the job. Learn from your mistakes, get better. If not, we have no choice but the disadvantageous move.
                  Last edited by Futureshock; October 31, 2022, 11:55 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post

You know as I do the chances they "actually hire competent leaders" is more of a crap shoot then DC or Holmes getting it right. I just think this may be as close to competency that we'll see in awhile.

Chances are they'll screw up the next with an "opposite" coach. SO an old hard az coach that runs the players to death and treats them shitty because, you know, the players were catered to and needed to play harder.

THEN the players will take the first opportunity they have to leave. At least the good players. The terrible ones will stay around forever. Wash -Rinse-Repeat

Look, I am not happy with what we're seeing from this bunch, but, this IS a situation. A situation in which the obligation to make a move in one's turn is a serious, often decisive, disadvantage. The alternative? Add someone that changes the chemistry and direction. If DC doesn't like it? Good-bye.
                    My feeling is if the guys you got aren't doing the job, you fire them. Period. You can't worry about, "but what if the replacements are worse?" Because the correct answer to that is, "Well... fire them too!" Keep hiring and firing until if by no reason than dumb luck you find competent people.

Comment

• Yeah, that's harsh and you run the risk of being like Dan Snyder, but the alternative is they stick with crap results for far too long and handicap the next poor sap who takes on the project.

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post
                        Pleasant the first sacrificial lamb to get chopped
                        So much for that "Top 40 under 40" designation.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                          The Rams under Fisher were widely mocked because they were always 7-9 or 6-10. According to Kreton's argument, that is the same as a 1 win team. They finished 4-12 in Fisher's final year. They had no 1st round pick and were right in the middle of the league in cap space. They were 11-5 in McVay's first year and Les Snead's mantra is fuck dem picks. They didn't come in and tear it down to the studs.
                          But also by being so bad for years, just like the Bengals, they had accumulated top end talent. AND they had scouts and a GM that could draft well in the third day.

I don't agree with it being the same though.

I also don't see them being "behind" in the rebuild because of the players. The Coach and his staff's screw ups is to blame for half the losses.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                            Yeah, that's harsh and you run the risk of being like Dan Snyder, but the alternative is they stick with crap results for far too long and handicap the next poor sap who takes on the project.
                            Yeah, the Bucs team that Kreton referenced rolled through 4 coaches before Arians and Brady.

Comment

• Part of the hope for this coaching staff is they had seemed to find and develop some useful parts last year in the secondary but all of that progress seems to have been a mirage.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mainevent View Post
                                6 wins was my thinking as well. Without a drastic turnaround, that's gone bye-bye. But it's more about the way they are losing, in particular how awful the defense looks. I was expecting the defense to be bad, but not THIS bad, especially the DL.
                                Yeah. It seems every GM has a blind spot. A position he just can't seem to get the eval right on. Holmes seems to be IDL. These guys aren't anything like they were said to be. Even McNeil. Then Meech Taylor shows some "juice" and they play him at End and then cut him. Awesome

Comment

Working...
                                X