Lions News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fraquar View Post
    Schwartz not understanding the rules, getting emotional and challenging a scoring play that was going to be reversed in a mandatory review anyways (on National TV on Turkey Day no less) - that was his Magnum Opus.
    A challenge negating an automatic challenge was complete bullshit tho. He reacted to a blown call immediately. The refs should have picked up the flag and went with protocol
    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
      Geez.

Decker was likely busy with this cutie.​​​​​​​​

FB_IMG_1666392876535.jpg
      Last edited by -Deborah-; October 22, 2022, 07:38 AM.
      #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Originally posted by Fraquar View Post

This is where the two sides of the coin need to be looked at.
        Heads: Yeah, guys go to the highest bidder - because money is mostly what they are after.
        Tails: Guys routinely turn down the highest bidder to go to a team with a chance to win something.

I'd argue it's the latter guys that most fit what this regime is looking for - and they aren't in a good position to land them.
        Players do not routinely turn down the highest bidder. The only players who go to a place where they can win instead of getting the money are old vets who have gotten their money. That's probably five percent of all free agents. Most NFL free agents are relatively unknown, it is up to the GM to find guys that are useful. If you have 36 million in space and that is 6th highest, the GM has to find players and that includes the Lions.

Comment

• Dan Campbell has so far done a better job than Brad Holmes. He has made some bad calls but not as many as people insinuate. If Campbell continually called a conservative game using the tried and true method they probably don't even have 4 wins. But if they had a true kicker his record would be better. Get a fucking kicker.

Comment

• I'd say Campbell's run has been mercurial. He has good ideas, but I think he gets too inside his own head and starts coaching like a player. "We can TOTALLY get this first down here," "We gotta for the endzone on this drive," etc. He's got a long way to go, and I don't know if he has terribly much time to get to where he needs to be before players start tuning him out.

Holmes is... incomplete. He's playing roulette and pushed all his chips onto Year 3. He better deliver.

Comment

• Is D’Andre Swift going to play in Week 7? And, if so, is he expected to be close to the Swift before the injury? — Chad D.

Swift is trending in the right direction for Week 7. He suffered a shoulder injury in Week 3 and has been sidelined ever since. This appeared to be an AC sprain, the same injury he suffered last year on Thanksgiving, but to the opposite shoulder. The AC (acromioclavicular) joint is where the scapula and collarbone meet at the top of the shoulder. It’s a very common injury for running backs due to how they are tackled and fall to the ground with a lot of force.

According to our algorithm, Swift’s shoulder sprain was a grade 2 (moderate) in severity. He was assigned a four-week Optimal Recovery Time, which he will meet by Week 7. Because of this, his numbers have improved significantly. His Injury Risk remains Elevated (20%), but his HPF is back at Peak (88%). That means if he does suit up on Sunday, he should perform at a high level. His shoulder remains somewhat vulnerable to another sprain, but at this point it shouldn’t hurt his performance unless he makes it worse.
              https://theathletic.com/3714472/2022...nd-more/?amp=1
              "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Jack Fox Will Become NFL’s Highest-Paid Punter

Jack Fox is set to sign a contract extension with the Detroit

The Detroit Lions are rewarding one of the game’s top punters.

According to NFL Network, Fox is signing a thee-year contract extension that makes him the highest compensated punter.

It is being reported that Fox is set to earn $3.775 million annually, with $7.5 million in guaranteed monies.

The talented punter was set to become a restricted free agent following the conclusion of his current deal, but will now be in the fold for the foreseeable future.

"Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Do the Lions need the highest paid punter if they don’t use him?

Slight shot at the coaching staff, but the joke aside… Fox deserves to get paid somewhere. Happy to see it for Jack Fox. Punt god!
                  AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Top 10 early steals from the 2022 NFL Draft class; Round 1 punchline Cole Strange is a Year 1 stud

Malcolm Rodriguez Detroit Lions · LB
                    DRAFTED: Round 6, No. 188 overall | Oklahoma State

The Hard Knocks star has been quite the find for the Lions. Rodriguez is a heavy-handed linebacker with a tough-guy mentality and non-stop motor. The first-year starter has immediately impressed as a tackling machine with A+ instincts and diagnostic skills. Although Rodriguez's numbers might be a little inflated due to the defense's overall struggles, it is hard to ignore his immediate impact as a sideline-to-sideline playmaker.
                    https://www.nfl.com/_amp/top-10-earl...e-cole-strange

Comment

• If there's one thing I don't doubt it's Bellichick hitting on lineman on either side of the ball. He's got a pretty good track record there.

Comment

• I'm surprised Jack Fox signed the extension..... all the going for it on 4th down doesnt exactly say we have confidence in our kickers, even though he is a very good punter....Also if I was a player I would look at things like 1 playoff win in the last 65 years as a factor.

Comment

• Originally posted by ghandi View Post
                          I'm surprised Jack Fox signed the extension..... all the going for it on 4th down doesnt exactly say we have confidence in our kickers, even though he is a very good punter....Also if I was a player I would look at things like 1 playoff win in the last 65 years as a factor.
                          I mean, if someone wanted to pay you millions to sit on a bench and work sparingly... wouldn't you take it?

Comment

• Lions restructured OL Halapoulivaati Vaitai's contract.

This clears $2.42 million in 2022 cap space for the Lions. Vaitai underwent back surgery in September after being placed on season-ending IR. The restructure adds more guarantees to Vaitai's 2023 salary.​

Comment

• I wonder if we’re going to make a deal before the deadline. I would go after Claypool. That dude is awesome and he’s big. I like our Sun God/Williams pairing, but they are both small guys. Claypool would give us a horse at WR.

Comment

• I’d look for defensive help.

Comment

Working...
                                X