No announcement yet.

Lions News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Better. It's okay to believe in your team. Philly "junked" up the game in a lot of situations to sneak out a win. If they just lined up and took it to us and were unstoppable, I'd be worried...

Syndication: Detroit Free Press

POLL: Do you feel better or worse about the Lions after the loss to Eagles?

Have expectations for the Detroit Lions changed after their Week 1 loss to the Eagles?

Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Anyone remember Patricia's first game against the Jets? THAT is a loss where you just knew we were bd and on the wrong road. Sunday felt nothing like that.
      Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post
        Anyone remember Patricia's first game against the Jets? THAT is a loss where you just knew we were bd and on the wrong road. Sunday felt nothing like that.
        i remember watching the first play with Diggs taking back a pick 6 thinking “are you shitting me”

By the end of the game I knew they were shitting me.
        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

Better. It's okay to believe in your team. Philly "junked" up the game in a lot of situations to sneak out a win. If they just lined up and took it to us and were unstoppable, I'd be worried...

Have expectations for the Detroit Lions changed after their Week 1 loss to the Eagles?
          Nope, because the expectations don't change until the team shows you the expectations should change.
          Need to see the growth - like some here love to say - too small of a sample size......

Comment

Better. It's okay to believe in your team. Philly "junked" up the game in a lot of situations to sneak out a win. If they just lined up and took it to us and were unstoppable, I'd be worried...
            Believe in what? That they can lose close games? We already know that.

Show me, don't tell me. They are still losers until they prove otherwise, and they proved jack shit in Week 1. Fuck moral victories. This was just another L on the pile.

Comment

Well, I have been feeling good about them and have used phrases like "Better loss than usual" and "Hope for the future" a lot this week. Then this memory popped up today.

The bar is so low that I celebrate when we make games close. Screw that. Win, mf'ers!! C'mon!! lol

FB_IMG_1631497652808.jpg
              #birdsarentreal

Comment

• 41 - 33 isn't close in my book

Comment

• True! Although it's far better than 41-17. My point is that we saw fight from them last year, too. Time to win.
                  #birdsarentreal

Comment

• I get it. In the long run it is a sum zero game. You win or you lose. But perspective can truly be had by watching the actual game. I remember that SF game and they (SF) started playing clock and the end result was a td an a 2 pt conversion, but they were never getting any closer.

Now one can argue if the two teams were tied PHI could have went in for a FG/TD, but they never let up. Both teams played their az off for the entirety of the game.

No moral victory, no one's throwing a parade. BUT MY POINT IS/WAS, IT ISN'T ENOUGH TO THROW THIS TEAM DOWN THE DRAIN EITHER. As some have been saying since Sunday evening that this team is done. It's an overreaction based on the past. Raiola nor Megatron are walking through that door and it is imperative each year is it's own, IMHO. As a fan you just short yourself, but, so be it. Bury 'em.

Sometimes you don't just go 0 to 1000. You may need to get to even before you climb out of the quick sand. Your feet are still in the mud. Everyone wants and thinks their team is going to have the Bengals (2021) year. It just doesn't generally work that way.

53 players +. We started last off season (when Holmes/Campbell/Hemp took over) with about 8 players who could be a part of this renaissance. We were worst then a new team. And 19 mo later there is progress. Not discernable if you don't actually watch the games and, again, sum zero = wins. But I believe. Will they keep my belief? Let's see how the next 3-4 games go. One thing I won't do is be like the average Lions fan that goes with the current (of wins) like a willow leaf. Or a Cattail in the wind. When they string a few wins together, I won't be talking SBs and things of that nature.

We honestly lost to a better team. I don't see a better opponent in the next 3 games.

That's all. Goodness...

Comment

• Originally posted by -Deborah- View Post
                      True! Although it's far better than 41-17. My point is that we saw fight from them last year, too. Time to win.
                      Well, bury them then. Is that what you're saying?

Comment

• No, no not at all. I was just catching myself being optimistic after this "good loss" and then saw a memory from another "good loss" last year. (Your point on the difference between those games is valid.) As someone who has had my heart stomped on by the Lions repeatedly, I just need to be a bit more guarded. That's all I'm saying

To the point of the headline I was responding to, yes I feel better about them after that "good loss." But I'd *really* like some wins now, please!
                        #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Agree. My tune and tone will change drastically if they can't beat Washington. They don't have their best defender or their best RB. And Wentz won't be confused with Hurts running the ball, but is a better QB. So our DL will need to close in on him as quickly as possible and close any openings. Stay in his face.

Offensively, Johnson needs to trust his OL and Swift. Don't be your opponents best defender by taking the ball away from them. We were gashing PHI until we thought we got obvious. PHI loaded up on defending the run early in downs and put us behind the sticks. Audible to the pass against loaded boxes and stick to the run when they don't. It's not rocket science.

But we need a win at this point. Need

Comment

• Originally posted by -Deborah- View Post
                            True! Although it's far better than 41-17. My point is that we saw fight from them last year, too. Time to win.
                            The offense stalling after the first drive and the 3rd down defense. Either of those things are fixed and we win that game. This team can win, it’s time to do it
                            F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

I get it. In the long run it is a sum zero game. You win or you lose. But perspective can truly be had by watching the actual game. I remember that SF game and they (SF) started playing clock and the end result was a td an a 2 pt conversion, but they were never getting any closer.

Now one can argue if the two teams were tied PHI could have went in for a FG/TD, but they never let up. Both teams played their az off for the entirety of the game.

No moral victory, no one's throwing a parade. BUT MY POINT IS/WAS, IT ISN'T ENOUGH TO THROW THIS TEAM DOWN THE DRAIN EITHER. As some have been saying since Sunday evening that this team is done. It's an overreaction based on the past. Raiola nor Megatron are walking through that door and it is imperative each year is it's own, IMHO. As a fan you just short yourself, but, so be it. Bury 'em.

Sometimes you don't just go 0 to 1000. You may need to get to even before you climb out of the quick sand. Your feet are still in the mud. Everyone wants and thinks their team is going to have the Bengals (2021) year. It just doesn't generally work that way.

53 players +. We started last off season (when Holmes/Campbell/Hemp took over) with about 8 players who could be a part of this renaissance. We were worst then a new team. And 19 mo later there is progress. Not discernable if you don't actually watch the games and, again, sum zero = wins. But I believe. Will they keep my belief? Let's see how the next 3-4 games go. One thing I won't do is be like the average Lions fan that goes with the current (of wins) like a willow leaf. Or a Cattail in the wind. When they string a few wins together, I won't be talking SBs and things of that nature.

We honestly lost to a better team. I don't see a better opponent in the next 3 games.

That's all. Goodness...
                              You can't throw a team down the drain when they started in the sewer. It's on the Lions to crawl back up into the drain in the first place, and they didn't do that in Week 1. Only winning changes that impression. Not close losses.

Comment

• Would anyone here pay Hockenson? I wouldn't. Guy can't block. Has been a disappointment for where he was drafted.

Comment

Working...
                                X