Lions News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TheLondonLion View Post
    That Eagles roster looks pretty scary for week one. Pro bowl talent all over the field. Great lines and now a great secondary.

That match up looks all wrong for us thinking of last year’s beat down. A huge test to start the season.
    I said this earlier. No big problem if we don't get that one. But we should come out firing the next 3 weeks after that. I wonder how many people are going to jump ship after that first week, if we don't win?
    Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post

I chalked Philly up to an easy win months ago. I’m not so sure now. They have a nice squad. If we beat them it’ll be a solid start to the season.

I said that we should take a flier on Jalen Hurts and got ran out of the thread with how bad he sucks. I hope they’re right but he looks like he’s progressing.
      Nahhh they’ve pretty quietly built a very serious roster. This is why I’m so tempted by the rookie QB route, even though it’s risky. They’re full of talent.

That said, our roster was decimated by injury when we played them and we should also have improved.

Comment

• Vegas O/U for the Detroit Lions is 6.5

My 2022 Detroit Lions prediction:
        Record Prediction: 8-9 (O on the 6.5 Vegas prediction)
        Summary - I was truly debating between predicting a 9-8 vs 8-9 record. It’s either or IMO. OVER on the Vegas wins betting line. I’m being conservative with the 8-9 prediction because there are too many questions on defense. That said, the roster is better than 2021 and heading in the right direction. A healthy Goff and OLine pushes the win total to a higher potential.
        Offense -
        Pros. Goff is way ahead from last year. He could potentially return to Rams form if the Lions have injury luck on offense. Lions OLine is a top 5 unit if they stay healthy. Sneaky good at the skills position with Swift, Hock, and the WRs. Great depth at interior OLine.
        Cons. The OT depth is problematic. The health of the starting OTs is so important for this team. Lions can’t afford a Decker or Sewell injury.
        Defense -
        Pros. Pass rush. Hutchinson, Harris, and Bryant are a solid trio of pass rushers to start the season. Lions could receive reinforcements there with the Okwara’s later on. The starting safeties of Walker and Elliott seem decent. The question is how long can Elliott stay healthy…. I think the Lions show flashes at DT. Alim McNeill is so important for this defense
        Cons. There are questions and unknowns on all levels of the defense. DT, LB, CB primarily…. Players from those units need to prove themselves before we can trust them. Lions were what, 29th in DVOA last season? I will be happy if this unit cracks the top 20 in DVOA in 2022. Growth!
        Special Teams -
        Jack Fox is the best punter in the NFL. Should make the Pro Bowl. Seibert might be OK, but probably not as good as Cade York.

2021 prediction of 3-14 for reference:
        AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• I never chalk up any game on the Lions' schedule as an easy win.
          Last edited by chemiclord; September 1, 2022, 08:51 AM.

Comment

• Matt Nelson is more then serviceable. He's no Sewell, or even Decker (who kind of worries me) but he can hold his own against most. My biggest worries are for injuries at any other position outside of OL.

D Elliot hasn't sold me on being where he needs to be as a Safety. He has been a shade behind plays. Hope scheme helps there. I hope adding Jones to the middle will strengthen us there.

Lastly, we were hurt badly by QBs running. That needs to get cleaned up fast. Allowing that hurts everyone's psyche mentally. You do your job and think you got em and dude runs for a first or more. That ish hurts.
            Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post
              Matt Nelson is more then serviceable. He's no Sewell, or even Decker (who kind of worries me) but he can hold his own against most. My biggest worries are for injuries at any other position outside of OL.

D Elliot hasn't sold me on being where he needs to be as a Safety. He has been a shade behind plays. Hope scheme helps there. I hope adding Jones to the middle will strengthen us there.

Lastly, we were hurt badly by QBs running. That needs to get cleaned up fast. Allowing that hurts everyone's psyche mentally. You do your job and think you got em and dude runs for a first or more. That ish hurts.
              Murray and Lamar were kept under wraps pretty well. Need them spied, Julian Okwara is usually the guy for that although I don't know if he'll be ready to play.

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post
                Every year, it feels like the Lions forget two things;

QBs are allowed to run the ball.
                TEs are allowed to catch the ball.

Now, the actual reason for that is because the Lions have traditionally sucked balls at LB, and I worry we're going to see more of the same this season as well.

Comment

• Yeah, unless there are huge leaps or a couple of the rooks come on really strong, the back 7 is still pretty sketchy. So that DL needs to play really well if the defense is going to be competitive most weeks.

Comment

• The defense is not going to be good but if they can force a few more turnovers then that will be a big help.....As with most teams, health is a huge factor and luck.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
                      I never chalk up any game on the Lions' schedule as an easy win.
                      Most teams look to see whether they play the Lions and chalk that up as an easy win for them, and more often than not they are right.

Comment

• The Lions have the second-youngest 53-man roster in the NFL

By Jeremy Reisman

Comment

Every year, it feels like the Lions forget two things;

QBs are allowed to run the ball.
                          TEs are allowed to catch the ball.

Now, the actual reason for that is because the Lions have traditionally sucked balls at LB, and I worry we're going to see more of the same this season as well.
                          The TE thing has been forever. It’s terrible
                          F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

I never chalk up any game on the Lions' schedule as an easy win.
                            Agree. You can’t arrogantly assume a win in the NFL.

I think most Lions fans agree that the 2014 Lions team is one of the best Lions teams in recent memory. Well, a crappy Bears team with JIMMY CLAUSEN starting almost beat that Lions team.

Careful to assume in the NFL…
                            AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Blough signed to the Vikings PS.
                              #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Pimpleton went to the Giants PS.
                                #birdsarentreal

Comment

Working...
                                X