No announcement yet.

Lions News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, I’m not sure if there’s a QB worth taking. The belief last draft was pass and take one in 2023. But I haven’t really heard of a guy that has separated himself from the pack. If they see a guy they love, they have to take him. But if they don’t, just focus on the best players.

Comment

• Hooker has clearly separated himself ... he's just old
      WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
        Stop trading up is a good rule to have.
        Really most draft picks never have more value than they do on draft day...Thats why trading up just isnt smart...Everyone thinks they are going to win the lotto with that pick, but really your best odds to win the lotto are to have more lotto tickets.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mainevent View Post

That doesn’t mean he’s worth a huge deal. Pedestrian TEs and other players kill the Lions. If Trubisky could play the Lions every game he’d be headed to the HOF.
          Absolutely disgusting.

And true.
          "Yeah, we just... we don't want them to go. So that's our motivation."
          Dan Campbell at Green Bay, January 8, 2023.​

Comment

• Hock + early 4th + early 4th = late 2nd + late 3rd?

Eh... what could we have gotten as a compensatory pick if we just let his ass walk?

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe we already picked up his 5th year option, so we would have him for one more year at a reasonable contract, and he would be in a contract year and thus give the ol' money effort. Nobody knows the compensatory pick formula, so no guarantee we'd get anything... but another year of top-20 TE production and a free 3rd is probably better than what we got.
            "Yeah, we just... we don't want them to go. So that's our motivation."
            Dan Campbell at Green Bay, January 8, 2023.​

Comment

• Originally posted by Iron Lion View Post
              Hock + early 4th + early 4th = late 2nd + late 3rd?

Eh... what could we have gotten as a compensatory pick if we just let his ass walk?

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe we already picked up his 5th year option, so we would have him for one more year at a reasonable contract, and he would be in a contract year and thus give the ol' money effort. Nobody knows the compensatory pick formula, so no guarantee we'd get anything... but another year of top-20 TE production and a free 3rd is probably better than what we got.
              Then you're 2 or 3 years behind as far as the draft pick developing ... and also as you kind of implied getting comp picks isn't guaranteed. Lions are more likely to sign FA than lose them in the next couple years
              WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• Well now they can package two second round picks and trade up with their own first round. Of course, they will probably ask themselves for the first and the third, for the two seconds. Which will leave them with no picks.
                Where are we going; and what's up with this hand basket?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mainevent View Post

That doesn’t mean he’s worth a huge deal. Pedestrian TEs and other players kill the Lions. If Trubisky could play the Lions every game he’d be headed to the HOF.
                  How do you know?

Some guy got cut in middle school and is seen as the greatest NBA player of all time.

No HE IS NOT JORDAN. The example is that I don't think he ever was, or would ever be, used properly here. KC, Philly, BAL, etc... he would look a lot better. Oh BTW, when healthy Irv Smith Jr. was doing better then Hock and he is not as good as Hock. They just do a better job of using TEs there and he will look better there.

It was foolish to draft him #8 when you had no plan to use the guy. I have no problem with the deal. It is just Lions luck that he would go to a division rival.

He's not a scrub or a bum. Detroit fans love to kick guys going out the door
                  Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                    Stop trading up is a good rule to have.
                    I think this post is under rated

Stop falling in frickin love. Holmes was supposed to be a guy that could find players anywhere in the draft. Well, pick em dude where you are. Just chill and let it come to you. Get us 4 impact players with 2 1sts and 2 2nds. And draft healthy guys. Is that so hard
                    Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Forsh View Post
                      Hooker has clearly separated himself ... he's just old
                      QBs are routinely playing into their 40s so a QBs age doesn't scare me. If his age comes into play you already have done well by having the guy do good enough to be your guy for 15 years. Hand size, height and weight are bigger issues then age.

Comment

• Originally posted by ghandi View Post

Really most draft picks never have more value than they do on draft day...Thats why trading up just isnt smart...Everyone thinks they are going to win the lotto with that pick, but really your best odds to win the lotto are to have more lotto tickets.
                        I see it as the top and the rest. It's more profound in the NBA but it is no different in any other sport. I'd rather he'd fall back, still get the same guy (or someone the same) AND someone else.

If he could get us Stroud AND Anderson? Fuck them other picks. Otherwise, I want the guys.

You know it's funny. All the Lions' fans were celebrating (and the Detroit media) how Holmes "took advantage" of a rookie GM. And then the rookie GM did it again with the GB GM. Yet the rookie GM, with a rookie HC, is in first with all those guys playing well. Except Cine who got hurt but because of the extra picks, they have players.

I know it is not real and all, but I did enough of those mocks to know that you do better falling back and having plans for every tier, round and situation. My dumaz can do it, he dam sure better be able to. It also shows you not to fall in love with specific players and just have backup plans.

And as much as NE gets credit for their drafting, it is because BB will draft quantity first.

Comment

• The trade was good IF they draft good players. If they don't, it will be a terrible trade. It has nothing to do with Hock. No need to throw shade on the guy. He never complained or acted like an az when he was here.

Comment

• It appears the Lions have thrown in the towel on 2022. Pretty early to get I75 eyes.
                            Detroit Lions: Where futility is a lifestyle choice.

Comment

• We're seriously having draft talk in October and early November. Campbell has lot the faith of the fans. Up next? The team and finally the owner when the team stops "biting kneecaps."

My goodness. It is turning into what we feared he'd be. Another Gimmick Lions coach that will be more clown then coach. FFS

Comment

• But if they think they're gonna draft this team into greatness, they will be sadly disappointed. At some point they will need to add some veteran star players to supplement the kiddies.

Comment

Working...
                                X