No announcement yet.

Lions News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terrible trade...Really the only good thing is the Lions dont have to pay him now......i'm guessing the trade value just wasn't there and this was pretty much all that was out there other than late round picks for himn.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
      That looks like a man that’s been fully Detroit Lion-ized.

Please no.
      Like maybe it makes sense considering the contract, but Jamaal is the heart of the team and fanbase. So no.
      It's the sort of thing they should have been doing at some point in the full season and two offseasons before this. That they are still in the teardown phase halfway through Year 2 is a problem. Again, the cynical part of me thinks Holmes has realized his precious Year 3 is already looking to be a dud and so it trying to cover his ass by dragging out the tearing down as long as he can get away with.

Comment

• Love it. Hockensuck Ballsack sucked the moment he was drafted.

Having TWO #1 picks and TWO #2 picks in a year with talented QB is VERY NICE!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mainevent View Post
          Well fuck, now I have to root for the Vikings to win a playoff game? That’s the worst part of this whole deal!
          Which makes either this year or they will need to be good again next year (booo!). Which if it is this year, that 2nd will be worse.

Why would Holmes agree to that? He's slipping
          Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Wow, i didn't want the Lions to draft him with that pick but I'm really surprised they traded him away within the division. I guess a 2nd rounder is pretty good if they didn't want to pony up.
            F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• THe trade should have been Hockenson for a 2nd....and to a n AFC team not within the division

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
                That looks like a man that’s been fully Detroit Lion-ized.

Please no.
                Like maybe it makes sense considering the contract, but Jamaal is the heart of the team and fanbase. So no.
                He's up in age and as much as I appreciate the Hard Knocks Crying Game bit, if they can get a late 3rd day pick, or a replacement for the firth they just gave away? I am good with it.

Holmes better have a real plan and not this bundling for A guy he loves crap he did this year. This ain't the Avengers, we need a lot of good players. Even more so now.
                Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post

Fact is is that this team has not made utilizing him a priority. There was one game that they did this year and he had a monster game with 2 TDs. He's going to make all of you spewing that eat your words twice a year. HE isn't bad, but it made no sense to get or keep him because they had no idea how to use him. That is not on him.
                  This

Comment

• Vikings acquire TE T.J. Hockenson, 2023 4th-round pick, conditional 2024 4th-round pick from Lions for 2023 2nd-round pick, 2024 third-round pick
                    Minnesota's front office made some dubious decisions during the 2023 NFL Draft, and the head-scratching choices continue. They acquired T.J. Hockenson from the Lions for two second-day selections. They also obtained a fourth-round pick from Detroit.

Hockenson is a talented player, but he's just a tight end. Non-elite tight ends who are paid big contracts often disappoint, and Minnesota will have to pay Hockenson handsomely in the near future. In addition to that, the Vikings surrendered two second-day picks for this dilemma. It's not ideal, especially when considering the team already had Irv Smith Jr. on the roster. There's no doubt that Hockenson is better than Smith, but he wasn't a necessary addition, especially when considering both the compensation and impending contract.

As for the Lions, they did well to offload a soon-to-be highly priced tight end for two premium picks. I'm not a big fan of sending Hockenson to a divisional rival, but that's the only thing wrong with this trade. Detroit will miss Hockenson, but it'll have plenty of weapons for either C.J. Stroud or Bryce Young with Jameson Williams set to return from injury soon to join Amon-Ra St. Brown, D.J. Chark, and D'Andre Swift.

Grade for Vikings - C-
                    Grade for Lions - B+

Comment

• Hock is about to have the best game of his career on Dec. 11th

Comment

• I'd trade Jamal Williams in a New York minute if you can get anything for him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick Pappageorgio View Post
                          Hock is about to have the best game of his career on Dec. 11th
                          Oh for sure.
                          #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Odd that they think the Vikings made the headscratching decision......

Comment

• #birdsarentreal

Comment

• “Lions just don’t see TE as an important position.” Good thing they hired a former TE coach (and assistant HC) as a head coach…

The more I think about this Hockenson trade, the more it sours… Lions don’t have a good recent history trading away quality players. Slay, Diggs, Stafford…

It makes me feel nervous if Hockenson signs a long term extension with the Vikings and haunts the Lions for the next half decade. Could happen.
                                AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

Working...
                                X