Lions News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mainevent View Post
    So elevate Ukwu and start getting Levi more reps on the outside and maybe Wingo more reps inside?
    I just think Paschal is going to get more reps. Barnes is the more important loss in my opinion, they don't really have a SAM to fill in for him, unless they try Nowaske.

Comment

• And the hits keep coming. Ragnow is "week to week" with a partially torn pec.

Comment

• Sweet jesus! Need depth to develop
        AAL - Glover Quinn

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
          And the hits keep coming. Ragnow is "week to week" with a partially torn pec.
          Paschal’s been shit as a pass rusher. Maybe Levi and McNeil allow the pressure rate to stay up. But we’ve seen this rodeo before with these guys opposite Hutch.

Agree that Barnes going down is tough. He’s been their best LB.

Comment

• They really need something opposite of Hutch. Paschal was a step slow. Houston was a bit small. Give them a shot in a rotation. Maybe Ukwu can step up?

If not, it might be time to dial up a trade.
            AAL - Glover Quinn

Comment

• Any more surprise injuries to drop on us this week?

The gap between Glasgow + Ragnow starting vs Glasgow and backup G (i guess Awosika) is significant. This one actually hurts. The news came out of nowhere.

I just laugh at people that suggest athletes are NOT injury prone. Yes they are. All people move differently. Walk differently. Different body composition and genetics. Play the game differently. Pay attention to sports history and it’s evident. Why does one person tear their ACL two or three times and another has zero occurrences? It’s not all luck. Prime example is Justin Herbert having a new injury basically every month he plays football. What about Goff? Pretty healthy guy in Detroit. My point is I don’t know what else was expected of the Davenport signing.

Go Lions. Beat Seattle and rest up during the bye week. 3-1 … this is the way.​
              AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Compared to the fans the Lions value stopping the run much more than rushing the quarterback on that side.

The reason they signed Davenport with his injury issues is because he was cheap. Their secondary so far looks a lot better, so the pass rush should be sufficient.

Comment

• That’s why he was in a sling when Campbell was giving locker room speech.
                  im gonna stop watching those things. I learn to much

Comment

• As far as his injury history, this is the first time Davenport has had anything elbow related. Football is a violent game, Frank Ragnow has a lot of injuries, but most of his are nagging injuries that he can play through. Davenport has gotten bad luck in that when he gets injured, his injuries you can't play through.

But again in the NFL big defensive ends like him aren't available for cheap if he is an iron man. The NFL has a salary cap and you have to take risks on those type of guys.

Comment

• The Lions will be fine on the defensive line. Guys need to step up. That's what being a contender is all about. If they don't have it on the roster then they'll go get it .
                      GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                        Compared to the fans the Lions value stopping the run much more than rushing the quarterback on that side.

The reason they signed Davenport with his injury issues is because he was cheap. Their secondary so far looks a lot better, so the pass rush should be sufficient.
                        And that's fine... the Lions don't particularly need a sack expert. What they do need is someone who can get pressure, and finish their pressure.

And what I mean by that is, what we've been seeing far too often is that a Lions rusher forces the QB off their spot (thus getting the pressure), but lets the QB escape containment, reset, and still make a play either through his legs or getting back to his reads and making a throw (thus making the pressure the pass rusher got mean less than fuck all). It's part of the reason why the Lions defense routinely has been top of the league in pressure, but still have one of the worst defenses overall.

This year, and especially last week, the Lions have been much better at that, and part of that reason was Davenport being far more disciplined in his lane and containment. Couple that with a better secondary, and it's led to much better results. Hopefully, Paschal has learned something from watching, because he had been one of the worst on the Lions' depth chart at generating meaningful pressure the last couple of years.

Comment

• Cominsky being out makes Davenport's loss more difficult. Paschal is probably 4th string for us behind Onwuzurike, who may need to play 3-tech if McNeil is out.

This weekend will be a test to see how well Coach Williams has been doing. Cominsky, Davenport, McNeil & Martin may all be out.

Comment

• Wingo is just going to get a lot more snaps if McNeil can't go. That's what happened Sunday.

Comment

• You know, I hope the parents of these idiots actually did something to them for this bullshit. Probably not, but I can dream.

And not just because DC has been a success. Even if it was Patricia, it’s way out of bounds.

Dan Campbell's home address was publicly leaked on social media by his daughter's classmate earlier this year, according to a report by The Detroit News.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
                                Any more surprise injuries to drop on us this week?

The gap between Glasgow + Ragnow starting vs Glasgow and backup G (i guess Awosika) is significant. This one actually hurts. The news came out of nowhere.

I just laugh at people that suggest athletes are NOT injury prone. Yes they are. All people move differently. Walk differently. Different body composition and genetics. Play the game differently. Pay attention to sports history and it’s evident. Why does one person tear their ACL two or three times and another has zero occurrences? It’s not all luck. Prime example is Justin Herbert having a new injury basically every month he plays football. What about Goff? Pretty healthy guy in Detroit. My point is I don’t know what else was expected of the Davenport signing.

Go Lions. Beat Seattle and rest up during the bye week. 3-1 … this is the way.​
                                Ragnows loss is significant, especially for a team that wants to run between the tackles.....

Comment

Working...
                                X