No announcement yet.

Lions News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The city of Windsor is expecting thousands of visitors during the 2024 NFL draft in Detroit and is well-prepared to get in on the fun.
    "I hope to see the Lions in the Super Bowl before I die"
    My friend Ken L

Comment

• Originally posted by El Axe View Post
      He's baa-aack

That is a good signing. You can never have too many DBs and he played well for a street free agent last year.

Good depth.
      I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
        https://www.prideofdetroit.com/2024/...fl-free-agency

Lions match the offer sheet to Brock Wright per Adam Schefter.

Wow! I didn't see that coming. I figured he was gone.
        I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post

That is a good signing. You can never have too many DBs and he played well for a street free agent last year.

Good depth.
          Not too sure about Kindle Vildor at the Lions.
          Other players might be able to read him like a book. 🤔
          "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
            https://www.prideofdetroit.com/2024/...fl-free-agency

Lions match the offer sheet to Brock Wright per Adam Schefter.

Do they have to sign him to the exact same contract or can they renegotiate?
            "This is an empty signature. Because apparently carrying a quote from anyone in this space means you are obsessed with that person. "

Comment

• Originally posted by mason reese View Post

Do they have to sign him to the exact same contract or can they renegotiate?
              They have to match the offer
              "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Interesting they matched the 49ers offer...i thought he was a goner...i wonder if it had been most other teams, if they would have let him go?

Comment

• It's not like it was a much bigger offer than the tender, it's just the terms of the deal. Worrying about a couple million on a young tight end you use a lot is pennywise, poundfoolish. It would be one thing if the terms were 3 years $15 with 8 guaranteed that would have been different.

Comment

• Originally posted by edindetroit View Post

They have to match the offer
                    but after contracts are signed and guarantees are guaranteed, could they alter any terms? Like negotiate an extension or move the base salary around, or are terms set in stone for the life of the contract?
                    "This is an empty signature. Because apparently carrying a quote from anyone in this space means you are obsessed with that person. "

Comment

• First things first. They have to match the offer.
                      He then remains under contract with the Detroit Lions.
                      After that he’s like any other player on the team.

Comment

but after contracts are signed and guarantees are guaranteed, could they alter any terms? Like negotiate an extension or move the base salary around, or are terms set in stone for the life of the contract?
                        dataurl254111.jpg
                        "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post

Not too sure about Kindle Vildor at the Lions.
                          Other players might be able to read him like a book. 🤔
                          Since noone else will, I will laugh at this.

Comment

I think it has to be pretty much the same contract. I remember back in the day some teams would include a poison pill that made the other team not really be able to accept the deal.

Comment

• More Lions news below:

Visitors won't find marijuana dispensaries in downtown Detroit, where the NFL draft is being held, but there are dispensaries in other neighborhoods.

"I hope to see the Lions in the Super Bowl before I die"
                              My friend Ken L

Comment

• Originally posted by Topweasel View Post

Since noone else will, I will laugh at this.

I only read my posts. They’re awesome
                                F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

Working...
                                X