No announcement yet.

Lions News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hitting on injury luck with Davenport would be like the Eagles getting mostly healthy Swift last season. Came out of nowhere despite the injury history. I’m sure there’s a better example out there in Lions history. Fingers crossed because he would be pretty good across from Hutch.

Lions probably could still sign a WR, OT, G, DT, CB, S… plenty of work to do for roster depth. Then BPA in the draft. At least the egregious hole of outside CB starter was filled right away.
    AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• He's this year's Emmanuel Mosely!

Comment

• I don’t think they’re done with DE. Davenport is prob a rotational guy with upside.
        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Lions move some Cominsky money around reducing his cap number by 2.1 million
          2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• I think the Lion fans want a defensive end that plays opposite Hutchinson for 80 percent of the snaps, but the way they run that hybrid defense, I don't think you are going to see anything other than rotational guys. So if they get someone else it's probably going to be even less impressive than the Davenport signing.

​​

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
              Hitting on injury luck with Davenport would be like the Eagles getting mostly healthy Swift last season. Came out of nowhere despite the injury history. I’m sure there’s a better example out there in Lions history. Fingers crossed because he would be pretty good across from Hutch.

Lions probably could still sign a WR, OT, G, DT, CB, S… plenty of work to do for roster depth. Then BPA in the draft. At least the egregious hole of outside CB starter was filled right away.
              Don't forget we now have a big hole at LG. I don't think we have a good answer on the roster atm. Zeitler from the Ravens might be the last good one left in FA. Of course, like the Davis trade, Holmes may find another option.

Comment

• Originally posted by El Axe View Post

Don't forget we now have a big hole at LG. I don't think we have a good answer on the roster atm. Zeitler from the Ravens might be the last good one left in FA. Of course, like the Davis trade, Holmes may find another option.
                Zietler
                Connor Williams
                Connor Shelton

Though the last two are more Centers.
                2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• I am certain they will sign or draft another guard, but I think the times where Jackson was out, the offense didn't fall apart so if worst comes to worst, they can get by with what they have

Comment

• The Comimsky restructure was a paycut of 2 million and a restructure of 500k of salary into a signing bonus. It takes 2 million out of the cap hit. It's not like the paycuts Okwara and Vaitai took where it practically guaranteed they wouldn't get cut last season, they could get additional savings if they cut him, but it seems unlikely.
                    Detroit Lions defensive lineman John Cominsky appears to have taken a reduction in salary to stick with team in 2024.

Comment

• PFF grades in the low 60s the last two years. Looks like a slot corner.

Comment

• Significant DB added? Seems a bit much. Backup slot who’s young and cheap.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mainevent View Post
                          Significant DB added? Seems a bit much. Backup slot who’s young and cheap.
                          He started for the Raiders last year all year I think as the outside corner

Comment

• Almost feels like Robertson is going to be the new Will Harris.

Comment

• The Lions did not run much dime packages, having two good slot corners allows this type of flexibility.

Comment

• He 5’9” 180lbs, I doubt he’s playing significant snaps outside in this defense unless there are a lot of injury issues.

Comment

Working...
                                X