• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
    Money Badger is back
    Oh man
    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• So it really wasn’t about the kicker.
      3,062 carries, 15,269 yards, 5.0 yards/carry, 99 TD
      10x Pro Bowl, 6x All-Pro, 1997 MVP, 2004 NFL HoF

Comment

• There are (at least) two highly regarded kickers in this year's draft -- Karty from Stanford and Reichard from Alabama. I'd be disappointed if we didn't draft a kicker. I'm probably a bigger Money Badger supporter than most, but high quality prospects are not available every year and there's no escaping that he's below average.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sanders Fan View Post
          So it really wasn’t about the kicker.
          Who said that? The off-season just started. They will get another one. His drafted kicker blew the PAT and cost them a championship.

pANDs

Shanahan took the points twice in the Superbowl.
          Last edited by froot loops; February 22, 2024, 08:34 PM.

Comment

• Finding good kickers is hard.

Comment

• The Lions are going to do fuck-all about the kicker position. At absolute best, they'll bring in some Undrafted FA or someone like Riley Patterson for a "competition."

Accept it now so you lot aren't pissed off later.

Comment

• Cade York is available.

Comment

• Lions Move On from Dre Bly, John Scott

Last edited by edindetroit; February 22, 2024, 09:02 PM.
                  "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

Who said that? The off-season just started. They will get another one. His drafted kicker blew the PAT and cost them a championship.

pANDs

Shanahan took the points twice in the Superbowl.
                    You want to put a bet on him playing most of the season?

Comment

• If he plays most of the season that means he's been doing OK. They re-signed him at this point last season and he didn't make it to training camp.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post

Accept it now so you lot aren't pissed off later.

I can’t accept that, it’s my process. After I calm down and start drinking the koolaid because things are working nicely with said FA kicker, he’ll then bomb one causing us to lose the game.

Emotionally things will then get ugly. I’ll drink a bottle of rum, get into an argument with my wife about calming down and maybe break a golf club.

After that I’ll feel better. Shampoo, lather, rinse, repeat
                        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Bleacher Report Free Agent Projection article

In some respects, it's almost Christmas for NFL fans. This is already a time of hope for fans. Sure, fans of the Kansas City Chiefs are still basking a…

CB: L'Jarius Sneed

Perry Knotts/Getty Images
                          Best Team Fit: Detroit Lions

The Detroit Lions came within a game of the franchise's first Super Bowl last year. But the team's 27th-ranked pass defense was a major liability all season—largely because the cornerbacks in Motown were average on a good day and awful on a bad one.

L'Jarius Sneed's 2023 season was anything but average. One year after piling up 108 total tackles, Sneed's coverage play excelled—he allowed just 51 percent of the passes thrown in his direction to be completed, with a passer rating against of just 56.2.

Sneed has been mentioned more than once as a potential franchise-tag candidate. But ESPN's Dan Graziano believes that Kansas City has actually been preparing for the eventuality of Sneed's departure for some time.

"Sneed is one of the league's top corners and a key part of the Chiefs' defense (nine pass breakups last season and 10 career interceptions), so he wouldn't be easy to replace," Graziano wrote. "But the Chiefs have drafted four cornerbacks in the past two drafts, including 2022 first-rounder Trent McDuffie, who appears more than ready to take over as the No. 1 corner if Sneed leaves. Their draft strategy has been preparing them for the possibility of this happening. (Chris) Jones, who is the key to their pass rush and a top-five defender in the league, seems to be more difficult to replace than Sneed."

We have actually seen this movie before—Kansas City let Charvarius Ward walk in 2022 (the year they drafted McDuffie) rather than dole out a big contract. And if Sneed does make it to the open market, Detroit has over $50 million in cap space with which to take a run at him and add an impact player on defense.

Projected Contract: Three years, $54 million, $37 million guaranteed​
                          3 years $54M isn't a break the bank contract. Let Jackson go in FA and replace with our 1st round pick (Several top quality OG prospects available around 29). Might have to cut Cominsky and replace with a 2nd-rounder (there are several players who could give us similar production around there. I like Luther Ellis' kid, for example.)

I know, I probably shouldn't get my hopes up, but you have to admit that it is a nice thing to dream about :-)

Last edited by El Axe; February 23, 2024, 12:06 AM.

Comment

• There's lots of nice things to dream about in the offseason. It's also prime make shit up for content season while sourcing anonymous AFC/NFC gm's. It's real hard to trust anything.

Comment

• Originally posted by El Axe View Post
                              Bleacher Report Free Agent Projection article

In some respects, it's almost Christmas for NFL fans. This is already a time of hope for fans. Sure, fans of the Kansas City Chiefs are still basking a…

3 years $54M isn't a break the bank contract. Let Jackson go in FA and replace with our 1st round pick (Several top quality OG prospects available around 29). Might have to cut Cominsky and replace with a 2nd-rounder (there are several players who could give us similar production around there. I like Luther Ellis' kid, for example.)

I know, I probably shouldn't get my hopes up, but you have to admit that it is a nice thing to dream about :-)

Agreed. Jackson is a fantastic OG but they’re easier to find than top flight CB.
                              F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

If he plays most of the season that means he's been doing OK. They re-signed him at this point last season and he didn't make it to training camp.
                                I’m just saying if they keep riding with Badger people can’t keep using the “Campbell has to go for it because the kicker stinks” line. It doesn’t matter who the kicker is.

Comment

Working...
                                X