Lions News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dpatnod View Post

No need. It'll just have a different meaning. It'll be like....

"Oh, and there it is. Division winners again. Same Ol' Lions!"
    Jaysus H! The kool-aid pump has run dry in Dpats town!

I suppose it happened with the Pats. When i started being interested in USFootball, they were historically stinking pish radges so they were.
    But then they became the elite team.

Detroit Lions……. The elite team of the NFL?
    Hmmm.
    You’ve drunk all the Kool-aid ya gadgey, , ….. can’t even take a swig and be that elite Lions fan.
    "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Speaking of Kool-Aid, please pick that kid from Alabama. How does one not buy a Lions jersey with that name on it?

And don't send me to the draft thread. It's December and we should have been talking draft for two months now.​
      Where are we going; and what's up with this hand basket?

Comment

• Originally posted by Trickalicious View Post
        Speaking of Kool-Aid, please pick that kid from Alabama. How does one not buy a Lions jersey with that name on it?​
        You're going to have to be a bit more specific.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post

You're going to have to be a bit more specific.
          Is there more than one kid named Kool-Aid with Alabama now?
          Where are we going; and what's up with this hand basket?

Comment

• Originally posted by Trickalicious View Post

Is there more than one kid named Kool-Aid with Alabama now?
            Oh. I thought you were talking about a player from Alabama on the Lions right now. My bad.

Comment

• Yesterday, I wanted to review something from the Lions draft, so I went back to the 2023 inside the den draft episode. I meant to only see a little of it, but I ended up watching almost the whole thing again, lol.

It was interesting to see it again now that we know better about the players. I felt like the whole episode just hit different because of this. For anyone who hasn't seen it, you really should. It's very well done. A pitcher of Honolulu Blue Kool Aid.

One part in particular I enjoyed is the sequence starting at 27:55 where Jahmyr Gibbs meets his two heroes: Barry Sanders & Calvin Johnson. Barry is the back that he most looked up to and Calvin was the player everyone talked about when he was at Georgia Tech. If you watch Jahmyr, once it hits him who he is sharing a room with, he can't get the smile off his face.

Comment

• "I hope to see the Lions in the Super Bowl before I die"
                My friend Ken L

Comment

My friend Ken L

Comment

My friend Ken L

Comment

• Originally posted by dsred View Post

WOW. Speaking of bullshit, NO ONE, I repeat NO ONE, wants to smell the rotten stink of SOL ever again. That said, if you don't like his OPINION of what does or does not constitute SOL you really won't like mine!

Your OPINION does not determine when they are not SOL either. As a long time poster on this forum and its predecessors and a long time Lions' fan you should know better.
                      LOL, he's EXACTLY correct. Read a game thread once in awhile.

Comment

• I thought i dreamt that kneecap speech. But thanks for posting, Gong……. Wasn’t a dream. MCDC really said that.

And, it worked. SO……. More kneecap chat, Danny Boy. 👌
                        "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Originally posted by Blue Lagoon58 View Post

LOL, he's EXACTLY correct. Read a game thread once in awhile.
                          How often do you see the term SOL in a game thread? More likely you're just conflating people criticizing things that happen during a game as "negative" or "complainers".

Fan /= cheerleader.
                          Apathetic No More.

Comment

• Thanks for posting the draft episode again, El Axe! I could watch the interactions between Brad Holmes and Dan Campbell alllll day - I just love the rapport that they have with each other.
                            "I ain't the type to bitch, I ain't the type to cry, I will sit at your red light and wait for your shit to go by."

Comment

• Besides, I always thought SOL meant "shit out of luck". ;0)

Comment

• Originally posted by kayrone View Post
                                Thanks for posting the draft episode again, El Axe! I could watch the interactions between Brad Holmes and Dan Campbell alllll day - I just love the rapport that they have with each other.
                                Yeah, Holmes is making the decisions but DC is 100% on board and has complete trust in him and they are so locked in on the type of guys they want.

Comment

Working...
                                X