Lions News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by kreton View Post

The record disagrees that this team has different owner - different gm - different coach - different staff - different players? Cause I can kind of prove all of that.

SOL seems to just be the calling card of a pissed off pocket of fans who doesn't understand football enough beyond W/L to see anything different than "did they win". Anyone with half an understanding of football could look at what was inherited and could tell you that 1 year and 3 games was not going to be enough time.

I can't say with certainly that this regime will turn the franchise around however, I can say with certainty that they haven't been given anything close to enough time to try. This was never going to be fixed this fast no matter who was in place, or what they did.
    Different people does not inherently mean different results. Right now, their results are not markedly different than anyone who came before.

You have faith and hope for the future. Fine! Have at it! Me? I'm going to wait for them to prove it. That they (or anyone before them) has failed to prove it isn't my fault, nor is it my problem.

Comment

• I'm not sure what I'm going to do, someone is pulling the football knowledge card on people who say S-O-L.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post

Gonz spoke with certainty not just for the present, but the future. I hold no crystal ball. This team and these leaders will have plenty of tests. Failure last Sunday does not guarantee future failure.
        Gonz did the "zero analysis" that you're now doing. Win or lose, that's it. No ability or willingness to measure progress. This Lions team is better. Yes, they need to close out that game. But last year's team would just hang in there and lose at the end. Instead it was the other team hanging in there and winning in the end. Same results, different situation.
        "Yeah, we just... we don't want them to go. So that's our motivation."
        Dan Campbell at Green Bay, January 8, 2023.​

Comment

• Plenty of Lions teams have just "failed to finish." This isn't exactly new waters they have to navigate.

I'll wait until they do, thank you very much.

Comment

• Have plenty of Lions teams demonstrated the ability to run for 200 yards with the entire interior of their line missing?

Comment

Different people does not inherently mean different results. Right now, their results are not markedly different than anyone who came before.

You have faith and hope for the future. Fine! Have at it! Me? I'm going to wait for them to prove it. That they (or anyone before them) has failed to prove it isn't my fault, nor is it my problem.
              Different people means they aren't the same. Fairly simple concept there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Iron Lion View Post
                Have plenty of Lions teams demonstrated the ability to run for 200 yards with the entire interior of their line missing?
                Yep. Did you forget the mid-90's? This "run sets up the pass" philosophy isn't exactly novel ground.

Comment

• The running game improvement is a very encouraging development but it doesn't mean they are destined for bigger and better things.

Comment

• I always bring up the 2011 Lions, they were a wrecking ball in the preseason and it carried through the first half of the regular. That team had the look of something special building. You had that Monday night game where everything was clicking, you had three young stars in Suh, Johnson and Stafford. With Best the offense was explosive. Halfway through the season they lost Best, the defense kind of fell apart in the second half of the season and that was about the high water mark for the team.

Comment

• Can they mix in a little more Jackson with Swift out? Williams and Reynolds seem to be carbon copies of each other and I think Jackson would be a nice change of pace RB. I also watched the Vikings game yesterday and it seemed to me on more than obe occasion Williams lacked the vision to see a hole open up to the side of whichever lineman he decided to plow into. Maybe it was just me but his vision isn’t great.
                      "Well, that wasn't pretty, but it was beautiful,'' Lions coach Jim Schwartz said.
                      After Lions 7-3 win over GB

Comment

Yep. Did you forget the mid-90's? This "run sets up the pass" philosophy isn't exactly novel ground.
                        I think the question was not properly communicated. Anyone can run the ball as much percentage of the time as they want to. But I'm asking when was the last time a Lions team couod get 10 yards per run with the entire interior of the line missing?

Comment

• Originally posted by Iron Lion View Post

I think the question was not properly communicated. Anyone can run the ball as much percentage of the time as they want to. But I'm asking when was the last time a Lions team couod get 10 yards per run with the entire interior of the line missing?
                          I guess my question is... who cares? Yay! The Lions have finally got a running game during the most pass-effective era in the history of the league!

Cool. This current iteration of the team has pieces. Hate to break it to you, but every team, no matter how poor, has pieces. Hell, even Matt Millen hit the dartboard a few times.

At the end of the day, getting to .500 is the easy part of team building. You have to pretty much actively fight the current to stay in the basement in the NFL. Why the hell should I be impressed right now? Why are you so hellbent on making me believe?

Because spoiler alert; I won't. I refuse to believe. They have to prove it. They did not prove it last Sunday.

Comment

• What happened to Gonz?

All that guy wanted was a defense and a running game. He never got both?
                            AAL - Glover Quinn

Comment

• Originally posted by maxw3ll View Post
                              What happened to Gonz?

All that guy wanted was a defense and a running game. He never got both?
                              He did, it just wasnt the Detroit Lions who gave it to him......I think he talked more about KC than he ever did the Lions.

Comment

• Ha he always loved the Chiefs. I guess they got mahomes and a sb and he rolled out then.
                                AAL - Glover Quinn

Comment

Working...
                                X