No announcement yet.

Lions News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello All- Checking in to see who is here and what everyone thinks about this years Lions-

Comment

• Hello.

Ascension from a young Lions team to be more competitive than last year. Assuming reasonable injury luck. Several variables add up to the Lions going 8-9 this season IMO. Too many questions (mainly on defense) to assume anything better.

My season thoughts from last week:
      https://www.detroitlionsforum.com/fo...34#post1797734
      AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Cody-

I would like to believe that the Lions are better than last year-

OL big question- pass/run: not sure they can. St. Brown is a player. Chark- Not sure what he brings. Swift decent-passing rushes (hands). Hockenson has some hands.

DEF going to give up points- decent with pass rush, however no run defense.

Interesting take you have on the current state of the Lions- just maybe not so good yet; hope I am wrong.
        Last edited by MXT; September 5, 2022, 11:29 AM.

Comment

• OL is a big question? Are you sure you’re following the right team?
          F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• I have seen ranking that have them 3-4 best in league; however ranking smankings- have to prove it. Stay healthy and make it happen- They were 3-13-1 last year.
            Last edited by MXT; September 5, 2022, 11:50 AM.

Comment

• I’d hate to see what you think about the rest of the team if your hot take about the strongest position of the entire squad is the biggest question mark
              F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• I'm predicting 7-10. 8 wins if we stay healthy.
                Our offense is OK if Goff stays healthy. We need a backup but if Goff goes down early or is ineffective we could end up with Anderson or Stroud.
                Our OL is our best unit but needs depth, especially at G.
                We need a big DT/NT to stop the run. I wanted Brown but I guess we passed on him.
                I'd like a hybrid LB/S who can cover TE and RB and spy running QBs. We give up too many yards to those guys.
                We need depth at S. Our LB and secondary units are lame.
                Rodrigo looks promising but I don't know if we can rely on a 6th round rookie.
                I'm happy Okudah is healthy but I don't know if we can count on him to stay that way.
                Fox might be the best player on the team. Our K is only OK.
                I love our coaching staff, but I'm worried other teams may hire them away from us.
                We are 2 years into a 6 year rebuild, and are on the right track.
                Last edited by kdk2002; September 5, 2022, 03:48 PM.

Comment

• Forget a 6 year rebuild. There’s no such thing in the NFL. And frankly no justification for it. A good GM and coaching turns it round in 3 years or less.

Comment

• Ah for fuck’s sake - big V moved to IR. How did that happen?

Comment

• Opens the door for Stenberg.
                      F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• His pass protection worries me.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheLondonLion View Post
                          Forget a 6 year rebuild. There’s no such thing in the NFL. And frankly no justification for it. A good GM and coaching turns it round in 3 years or less.
                          Campbell and Holmes were signed to 6 year deals, so that's why I made that comment.

Plus, the Lions have been rebuilding for 60 years, so I think 6 is more than optimistic!

Comment

• Oh yeah, I hear that. But these days an NFL rebuild shouldn’t take anything like that long. Let’s say last year was year zero given the mess they inherited, I want to see a seriously competitive team by year 4 at the very latest.

Comment

• Teams can completely overhaul a roster in two years if they want to. It's been done. I know Lions fans want to believe that they are uniquely bad as a franchise, that they are somehow "cursed"... but they really aren't. They've really just had consistently awful ownership and front office management.

There's no rebuild that should even take four years if a franchise is committed to doing so.
                              Last edited by chemiclord; September 5, 2022, 08:21 PM.

Comment

• Sounds like a curse to me ;)
                                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

Working...
                                X