Lions News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post

I chalked Philly up to an easy win months ago. I’m not so sure now. They have a nice squad. If we beat them it’ll be a solid start to the season.

I said that we should take a flier on Jalen Hurts and got ran out of the thread with how bad he sucks. I hope they’re right but he looks like he’s progressing.
    Did you not see the game against Philly last season?

Comment

• Originally posted by -Deborah- View Post
      Blough signed to the Vikings PS.
      Hunh. I wonder if the Vikings heard Blough has noodle arms and thought he was one of those giant inflatable men that you sometimes see at used car lots.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post

Hunh. I wonder if the Vikings heard Blough has noodle arms and thought he was one of those giant inflatable men that you sometimes see at used car lots.
        Wouldn't it be depressing if Blough played against us this year, had a solid game and actually beat us?

Comment

• The Vikings could very easily beat the Lions, but it won't be because Blough had a solid game. A solid game for him is 150 yards with 5 YPC.

Comment

• Tough beat for Cody Russell, losing Blough for Sudfeld.

Comment

The Vikings could very easily beat the Lions, but it won't be because Blough had a solid game. A solid game for him is 150 yards with 5 YPC.
              Didn't Trubisky have several career games against the Lions? With our secondary it's no wonder.

Comment

• I always wonder how much those guys help the oppositions team when they sign with them. For scouting purposes
                F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Deborah- View Post
                  Blough signed to the Vikings PS.
                  Oh, he mad mad
                  Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
                    I always wonder how much those guys help the oppositions team when they sign with them. For scouting purposes
                    That's probably his best asset to them. Hopefully Ben has some tricks up his sleeves.
                    Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by kdk2002 View Post

Didn't Trubisky have several career games against the Lions? With our secondary it's no wonder.
                      Okay, okay. Blough might go for 200 with a 6 YPC against the Lions, I suppose.

Comment

• Yeah, have to imagine Blough was pissed about the Lions letting go of him. Now he’s 3rd string behind Cousins in the division rival, Minnesota.

Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                        Tough beat for Cody Russell, losing Blough for Sudfeld.
                        Unique fact about me is that I actually have my college degree from Indiana University. Even though I went to Purdue for the first 3 years and all of my friends/ joy of college was at Purdue. Conflicting!

But yes. Lions released a Purdue guy for an Indiana guy. The mild rivalry burns there.
                        AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

Okay, okay. Blough might go for 200 with a 6 YPC against the Lions, I suppose.
                          All he has to do is throw it 5 feet, and the RB can go unscathed to the endzone against the Lions.....Even Blough can do that

Comment

• Jameson Williams “on track” in ACL recovery, but Lions view him as “long-term investment”

Posted by Michael David Smith on September 2, 2022, 4:16 AM EDT

Getty Images

The Lions made a big move in the first round of the 2022 NFL draft, trading up to No. 12 overall to select Jameson Williams, even though Williams had torn his ACL playing for Alabama in the 2022 College Football Playoff National Championship game. Williams won’t play at the start of the season, but the Lions are still very satisfied with their decision.

Lions General Manager Brad Holmes isn’t offering a precise date for when Williams will return, but Holmes said Williams is making good progress in his recovery, and that the Lions see Williams as a player who’s going to contribute for a lot more than just his rookie year.

He is on track, again, I’m not going to put out a hard date, but I will say, the weeks and weeks he’s strung together with his rehab, and he’s so gifted from a genetic standpoint,” Holmes said, via MLive.com. “Once he keeps that consistency going, it actually could accelerate that return that we’re thinking. You got to be a little bit conservative and on the safer side when it comes to forecasts and those returns to play. But hopefully, he stays on track, and hopefully it’s sooner than later, but we’re going to continue to be smart with him. We’ve always said that from Day 1. . . . We’ve got to be smart because we didn’t make that move for him just for Year 1. This is a long-term investment.”

The most likely scenario appears to be that the Lions get Williams on the field somewhere around mid-season. But when they traded up for him, they were really thinking of 2023 and beyond.

Comment

• Lions expected to sign RB Jermar Jefferson to practice squad

By Jeremy Reisman

Comment

• Jeff Okudah proud of overcoming Achilles injury, but ‘work’s not finished’

Jeff Okudah has accomplished a lot already—and he knows that—but he also recognizes the real work is ahead.

By Jeremy Reisman

Comment

Working...
                                X