Lions News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
    Levis was surrounded by complete shit at Kentucky but I think it won’t matter. Indy will take Levis
    Was just reading that, perhaps a smoke screen to keep any tem from thinking they have to move up to 3 to get Richardson (and keep them from having to give up a small bounty to move up the one spot). But if true means that the Lions may only have one non-qb go before their pick.

I hope we are smart and take which ever is available in Anderson or Witherspoon. I really rather not take a flyer on Carter. I will not, even if he pulls a Ray Lewis and gets a Jacket, be sitting back and wishing we grabbed him. Even if our guy busts out. Between being out of shape at the combine and his legal trouble it's the last thing out locker room needs.

Comment

• This (about Carter).
      Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
        At the end of the day, this continues to linger because Goff isn't going to be someone who wows the casual observer.
        It is amazing that THIS fan base can not appreciate a good quarterback, considering the history I have seen in my lifetime. Statistically, we are fine with Goff. He isn't (Peete, Ware, Long, Mcmahon, etc.)

I guess Stafford has ruined us for anything short of Mahomie. I bet Goff could win a Superbowl and they would be asking, 'is it in yet?'.
        Lions Fans.

Comment

• The only QB I would have interest in is CJ Stroud and that is if he fell to 6.
          2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Maybe we could talk Detmer out of retiremet.

I am in the BDA (Best D Lineman Available) camp. Carter over a QB - even though I hope not him.
            Last edited by dpatnod; April 14, 2023, 09:04 PM.
            Lions Fans.

Comment

• I think if we chase a QB it will be Stroud. We’ll see. A running QB makes sense, too, but I think this offense thrives with a high level processing QB who can make all the throws and can kill you with play action.

Comment

• We’re ready to roll and that cheap 5 year rookie deal is manna from heaven if you can hit on that.

Comment

• Originally posted by dpatnod View Post

It is amazing that THIS fan base can not appreciate a good quarterback, considering the history I have seen in my lifetime. Statistically, we are fine with Goff. He isn't (Peete, Ware, Long, Mcmahon, etc.)

I guess Stafford has ruined us for anything short of Mahomie. I bet Goff could win a Superbowl and they would be asking, 'is it in yet?'.
                  You have a lot of people (many of whom dominated the forum discussion here) that basically felt that the NFL was two QBs going one-on-one with 42 other guys who just had really really good seats. It wasn't even Stafford ruining us, those guys wanted Stafford run out of town on a rail frequently too.

I really kinda hate how "game manager" has become a derogatory label to describe quarterbacks who can't even do the bare minimum; because that's what Goff actually is. He's a dude who will never take over a game on his own, but he will reliably and consistently get the ball to your playmakers. No, he's not going to break containment and run for 15 yards. No, he's not going to thread triple coverage with a frozen rope while on the run.

Because he's not going to do something that risky with the ball. He'll throw it away if nothing's there. He'll check down to the open receiver rather than force something. Those are all good decisions, but nothing that will cause jaws to drop and the highlight reels to start humming. And that doesn't particularly excite fans. And it'll leave them envying Mahomes throwing a perfect pass as he's parallel to the ground after being flushed fifteen yards, or Josh Allen shrugging off a tackler like an annoying child and launching a bomb with a flick of his wrist.

Would it be great to have Mahomes or Allen? Sure! Should you be trying to force the issue with poorly thought out draft picks at any guy with QB listed as his position? Absolutely not.

And I think that's been Holmes and Campbell's message all along. If they see "the guy," they'll do everything in their power to get him. But if they don't, they will go into every season for the foreseeable future quite content that they already have a guy that can get the job done with the right tools around him.

Comment

• “Game Manager” is derogatory when you have to pay that dude $30-40 per. That’s the problem.

Comment

• Well, guess what? Goff isn't the replacement level. He's actually quite skilled at his position. Replacement level is dudes like Daniel Jones, who is also getting paid $30-40 per.

Because... turns out what you think is the problem... is actually well above the mean.

Comment

• We won’t be drafting 6th for awhile. We have ammo. I think we make a play for a QB this year. Next year has two elite prospects at this point. We won’t have the ammo to chase those guys.

Comment

• Goff is fine…..but he’s Goff. He is what he is. He’s ok.

I agree you only chase a guy if you like him. Fuck, man. We’ll find out on 4/27. Thankfully.

Comment

• Honestly, I think a lot of this obsession with mobile quarterbacks comes from Madden.

Gotta trade Goff because I can't just have him run the ball when I play the Lions on Madden

Comment

• Well. It adds a new element to your playcalling and makes sense with our bigtime OL. Either get that guy or at least get an elite RB. Pick your poison, but you don’t invest heavily in an Oline to have Jag’s behind it.

Comment

• I would have liked to have seen Goff against the 49ers in that playoff game instead of Seattle....Green Bay was one measuring stick, but SF in SF in a playoff game is a completely different one.....I think we really needed to see how he would have done in that game.....If the Lions win that game, then I bet alot more people would be on his side, but if he falters badly, like 40-10 or something, then you would hear the draft teh QB at 6 talk ramp up.

Comment

Working...
                                X