Lions News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm still waiting on them to get Deese Nutz
    Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Here are eight quick reaction snap judgments on Tuesday’s activity and roster decisions, including notes on safeties, injuries, Logan Stenberg, David Blough and more

8 quick takeaways from the Lions initial 53-man roster

'Sawed-off' nails a spot

Charles LeClaire-USA TODAY Sports

Only one undrafted rookie made the initial 53-man roster. Defensive tackle Demetrius “Sawed-off” Taylor from Appalachian State earned his spot with a strong summer.

Taylor is undersized but understands how to use his lack of bulk and length as an asset. He was consistently disruptive in the passing game all offseason, getting his hands on passes and forcing hurried throws.

Given the current roster makeup, Taylor figures to play as the top reserve nose tackle.
      Injured reserve candidates

Melifonwu isn’t the only Lions player who made the initial 53-man roster who is a candidate to immediately flip to injured reserve.

Second-year DT Levi Onwuzurike couldn’t even finish the team’s first padded practice of training camp without aggravating his ongoing hip and back issues. Coach Campbell recently termed Onwuzurike’s recovery “a snail’s pace.”

Based on Campbell’s recent comments, DE Julian Okwara could be ready for Week 1. But he too hasn’t practiced in weeks and remains a candidate to head to IR, where he would be forced to miss the first four weeks of the season.
      Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• 10 players the Lions should consider claiming off waivers

Jeff Risdon
        August 30, 2022

Comment

• Lions' 2022 practice squad
          • WR Maurice Alexander
          • LB Jarrad Davis
          • TE Derrick Deese
          • T Obinna Eze
          • TE Garrett Griffin
          • DL Bruce Hector
          • LB James Houston
          • RB Justin Jackson
          • WR Tom Kennedy
          • CB A.J. Parker
          • LB Anthony Pittman
          • T Dan Skipper
          • CB Saivion Smith
          #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Originally posted by -Deborah- View Post
            Lions' 2022 practice squad
            • WR Maurice Alexander
            • LB Jarrad Davis
            • TE Derrick Deese
            • T Obinna Eze
            • TE Garrett Griffin
            • DL Bruce Hector
            • LB James Houston
            • RB Justin Jackson
            • WR Tom Kennedy
            • CB A.J. Parker
            • LB Anthony Pittman
            • T Dan Skipper
            • CB Saivion Smith
            Pretty happy with that list. David, Houston, Kennedy and Parker especially. Awesome to be in a position that guys who made the team last year and PC now. We are growing.

Comment

• Do we get a do-over if our AAL is on the practice squad?

Comment

• I like that Maurice Alexander is in the PS. He showed some falshes as a returner. Maybe he has the "it" factor
                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Since there is talk about practice squad players, I thought this was an interesting read on the rules regarding those players.....

NFL practice squads are a somewhat underrated piece of NFL operations. Here's what you need to know about this year's practice squad rules.
                  All emotions can be traced back to two basic ones........love and fear.

Comment

• Originally posted by SnowMeiser View Post
                    Since there is talk about practice squad players, I thought this was an interesting read on the rules regarding those players.....

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/...o6sdw8p4y6hzia
                    Hey, SM!

Long time.
                    #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Demetrius survived. The Lions cut Jermar Jeffeson. All is good at the CGVT house
                      I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• I hate this time of year after the last preseason game and a week off until the season starts. Hurry the F up already.
                        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• That Eagles roster looks pretty scary for week one. Pro bowl talent all over the field. Great lines and now a great secondary.

That match up looks all wrong for us thinking of last year’s beat down. A huge test to start the season.

Comment

• Spooky Eagles team if Jalen Hurts makes a jump to the next level of quality.

Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
                            I hate this time of year after the last preseason game and a week off until the season starts. Hurry the F up already.
                            It’s all good. There’s watchable college football starting today.
                            Penn State fans are going to be seriously butt-hurt when they start 0-1… just like Nebraska fans.
                            AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Originally posted by TheLondonLion View Post
                              That Eagles roster looks pretty scary for week one. Pro bowl talent all over the field. Great lines and now a great secondary.

That match up looks all wrong for us thinking of last year’s beat down. A huge test to start the season.
                              I chalked Philly up to an easy win months ago. I’m not so sure now. They have a nice squad. If we beat them it’ll be a solid start to the season.

I said that we should take a flier on Jalen Hurts and got ran out of the thread with how bad he sucks. I hope they’re right but he looks like he’s progressing.
                              F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                                Demetrius survived. The Lions cut Jermar Jeffeson. All is good at the CGVT house
                                That's a double win in my book

Comment

Working...
                                X