Lions News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by -Deborah- View Post
    The Lions have claimed defensive tackle Benito Jones from the Miami Dolphins.

Detroit Lions claim former Dolphins DT Benito Jones off waivers

By Jeremy Reisman
    Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Practice Squad news

Detroit Lions 2022 practice squad members (16 player max)
      1. TE Garrett Griffin (per Dave Birkett)
      2. CB Saivion Smith (per Dave Birkett)
      3. NB AJ Parker (per Justin Rogers)
      Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• I have nothing here. Never heard of Benito Jones.
        So who’s going to be waived/ released to clear way for Jones? … Buggs? Jefferson? Woods?
        AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Originally posted by JGSpartan View Post

In fairness to Quinn he got the ball rolling with Swift, Decker, Ragnow, Jackson and Vaitai all being his additions. Quinn's major downfall was Matt Patricia and his big slow defense.

Of course Vaitai blew as a tackle as most suspected he would. I legitimately thought they signed him to play guard, I was vocal about that, but they didn't. I know you typically want your taller lineman at tackle for length reasons. You want gaurds a little shorter for leverage but his skillset just wasn't good for tackle.
          Fairness to Bob Quinn was his ass getting fired. He straight up lost us a Super Bowl QB so what the hell good is an OL? Sorry not mad at you at all just frustrated that the best Lions QB of our lifetime walked away because of Fatty Matty Patty and hence ultimately because of Quinn. Not to mention that in order to hire FMP he fired the best coach we've had this millennium or possibly this side of the Vietnam war. Fontes aside nobody comes close to Caldwell, his inability to manage a game notwithstanding.

The reality is that any GM can make one or two position groups good. You could say there are 5 position groups on each side of the ball, so on average each team should have about one position group in the top 3, or top 10%, or in other words one elite position group.
          "Yeah, we just... we don't want them to go. So that's our motivation."
          Dan Campbell at Green Bay, January 8, 2023.​

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
            Because he adds nothing to the team. He's hit his ceiling, and that ceiling is not particularly great. Campbell and the coaching staff clearly (thankfully) hadn't forgotten the dude already had his chance to show what he could do when the games mattered, and was clearly outclassed. Hard work only takes you so far, and at some point, you need to have the talent to hang with the big boys.

Kennedy simply doesn't have what it takes.
            "Hit his ceiling" is code for "no actual flaws in his game." Would be nice to have that on the PS.
            "Yeah, we just... we don't want them to go. So that's our motivation."
            Dan Campbell at Green Bay, January 8, 2023.​

Comment

• Dolphins followers appear to like Benito Jones for whatever it’s worth. Maybe Jones has potential to be a serviceable backup rotational DT.

AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Huge frame with upside in a position that we need. Not bad
                F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Kennedy and Justin Jackson added to the practice squad. Riley Patterson the only Lions player claimed on waivers.

Comment

• Fingers crossed for my guy Demetrius
                    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
                      I have nothing here. Never heard of Benito Jones.
                      So who’s going to be waived/ released to clear way for Jones? … Buggs? Jefferson? Woods?
                      I remember him from his draft year. Ole Miss guy who is stout against the run. Was hoping we'd get him later in that draft. Been in MIA.

I think this is the off-shoot of the Dolphins trying to hold on to Skylar Johnson. I'd prefer to have had Johnson, but NT/DT is a big need for us too.

After playing four years at Ole Miss, Jones was signed by the Miami Dolphins as an undrafted free agent on April 25, 2020.[1] He was waived during final roster cuts on September 5,[2] and was signed to the practice squad two days later.[3] He was elevated to the active roster on October 17, October 31, November 13, November 18, and November 24 for the team's weeks 6, 8, 10, 11, and 12 games against the New York Jets, Los Angeles Rams, Los Angeles Chargers, Denver Broncos, and Jets, and reverted to the practice squad following each game without having to clear waivers.[4][5][6][7][8] He was signed to the active roster on December 2, 2020.[9] He played 6 games during his rookie year of 2020, making one tackle.

On August 31, 2021, Jones was waived by the Dolphins and re-signed to the practice squad.[10]

On April 19, 2022, Jones was re-signed by the Dolphins.[11]
                      On August 31, 2022, The Lions said "NOT TODAY B!CTH!"

Dolphins Wire
                      Lions claim former Dolphins DT Benito Jones

One of his college teammates was our recently cut CJ Moore

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                        Fingers crossed for my guy Demetrius
                        Me too. Thing is, he and Benito have the same style. I Buggs hasn't stood out to me at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post

Me too. Thing is, he and Benito have the same style. I Buggs hasn't stood out to me at all.
                          Yeah, speculation is Buggs, but when you are on the bottom of the roster...
                          I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post

Yeah, speculation is Buggs, but when you are on the bottom of the roster...
                              In the articles I've seen about the transaction, they mention cutting Savion Smith. But he was signed to the PS so something is amiss here.

Comment

• He could potentially jump into playing time quickly if he plays well. I think it was in the Malcom Brown article I read that said the team wants to get McNeill away from the Nose but lack alternatives there to do it.

Comment

Working...
                                X