Lions News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would've preferred someone other than Sudfeld ... but we'll see
    WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• Cracking Up Lol GIF by HULU
      Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
        Nate Sudfeld from Indiana University. I went to a Michigan vs Indiana game that he started in 2015. Harbaugh’s first season. A game where Indiana almost beat Michigan because Jordan Howard went off.

Seems like Sudfeld could be slightly better than Blough, but not a notable difference. I wonder if Blough’s knee injury is more of a factor to this. Blough needing time to heal up? Well…again, you could say the Lions are making a slight upgrade at that position from Blough to Sudfeld.

Report: Detroit Lions expected to sign QB Nate Sudfeld

By Jeremy Reisman
        Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• MORE FROM PRIDE OF DETROIT

Comment

• Nate Sudfeld

The Good:

And the Bad:

He is tall. So he shouldn't get all the tipped balls that we saw from Sunday

Comment

• I’m glad Blough will be in the room as he seems like a cool guy and someone to help Goff prep. I don’t know anything about the new guy but much like Red Wings goalies at least he has mystery going for him.
              F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• I'm guessing the Steelers didn't release Rudolph? Not that he is much better either

Comment

• Ah, here it is. What a game…

The battle of future Detroit Lions backup QBs… Jake Rudock vs Nate Sudfeld.

Side note: That Indiana PA announcer sure did love Jordan Howard that day.
                  AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Detroit Lions 2022 roster cuts: 5 biggest surprises

By Jeremy Reisman

A few surprising Lions players get waived/injured

When a player is waived/injured, it means that player will hit waivers and if unclaimed, they will go to injured reserve. If they make it to IR, their season is over—unless the team decides to then cut them with an injury settlement. In those instances, they cannot sign anywhere until the length of their injury settlement expires, and if they were to sign with the original team, they’d have to wait an additional three weeks.

On Tuesday, the Lions waived/injured Eric Banks, Kevin Jarvis, C.J. Moore, Trinity Benson, and Jashon Cornell.

The first three aren’t all those surprising, as those players missed significant time in training camp. Benson had been dealing with on-and-off injuries, but appeared to fight through them and played 26 snaps on Sunday. Cornell missed a few recent practices, too, and played seven snaps against the Steelers.

Both of those players felt like decent candidates to make the practice squad, and maybe even get a shot to play in Detroit should the injury bug hit the starters. But now it appears they will not play for the Lions in 2022 and could lose their entire season to injury. That is unexpected, to say the least.

Comment

• Next Woman Up: Gina Newell, Senior Director of Football Operations for the Detroit Lions

Comment

• It's official:

Lions sign Nate Sudfeld

Posted by Michael David Smith on August 31, 2022, 10:41 AM EDT

Getty Images

The Lions have their new backup quarterback: Nate Sudfeld.

Sudfeld signed with the Lions today, after he was cut by the 49ers. The Lions also officially waived quarterback David Blough, who made the initial 53-man roster yesterday.

The 28-year-old Sudfeld has been in the NFL since 2016, when Washington picked him in the sixth round of the NFL draft. He spent one year in Washington, four in Philadelphia and one in San Francisco.

Sudfeld has never started an NFL game and is best known to football fans for playing badly in the second half of the final game of the 2020 season, handing the NFC East to Washington and leading to accusations that Eagles coach Doug Pederson was intentionally losing the game.

Jared Goff will be the Lions’ starter for the second consecutive season, and Sudfeld will serve as the backup. If the Lions have to turn to him, they’ll hope he plays better than he did the last time he took the field, in that ugly loss to Washington.

Comment

• I'd be ecstatic if we could sign this guy to be our true 4th rb:

Colts release Phillip Lindsay

Posted by Myles Simmons on August 30, 2022, 9:04 AM EDT
                          The Colts are moving on from one of their veteran running backs. Indianapolis has released Phillip Lindsay, according to Ian Rapoport of NFL Media.Lindsay signed a one-year deal with the Colts in May. He spent 10 games with the Texans last season before he was released in November. He then played four games with the Dolphins. [more]

Comment

• Former Ohio State CB Jeff Okudah wins starting job with Detroit Lions

Colin Gay
                            The Columbus Dispatch

Jeff Okudah is back in the starting lineup for the Detroit Lions.

The former Ohio State cornerback will be the Lions' starter heading into their season opener against the Philadelphia Eagles Sept. 11.

"Yeah, I would say that," Detroit Lions coach Dan Campbell said, according to the Detroit Free Press. "I would say it’s looking like that. There’s nothing after these two weeks to tell me that’s not his job right now."

Okudah was the third player selected in the 2020 NFL draft by the Lions, starting in six of his nine appearances as a rookie, recording 47 tackles, four tackles-for-loss, two pass deflections and an interception. He also allowed a 77.4% completion rate on passes thrown his way, according to Pro Football Reference.

However, Okudah was limited to one game in 2021, recording four tackles and a pass deflection against the San Francisco 49ers before tearing his Achilles tendon, which ended his season.

"Love where Jeff’s going, love how he did step up to the challenge," Campbell said. "He answered the bell. He wasn’t afraid of the competition and he went after it and I would say he’s earned him a spot."

Okudah was in competition with Will Harris for the left cornerback position.

Comment

• Originally posted by ghandi View Post
                              I'm guessing the Steelers didn't release Rudolph? Not that he is much better either
                              It sounds like they want to keep him. I’m guessing Tribisky won’t be there next year and they want him as the backup.

Or maybe they just want a better draft pick for him and they’re holding out
                              F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• The Lions have claimed defensive tackle Benito Jones from the Miami Dolphins.
                                #birdsarentreal

Comment

Working...
                                X