Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lions propose making all personal fouls subject to coaches’ challenge

Posted by Mike Florio on March 13, 2023, 7:59 PM EDT
    In the past, Patriots coach Bill Belichick has argued for allowing coaches to challenge anything. This year, the Lions have offered a more narrow version of that proposal.The league’s announcement of team proposals for 2023 includes a Detroit effort “to expand the coaches’ challenge system to include personal fouls called on the field.”As worded, the [more]
    Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Lions propose return to third quarterback rule

Posted by Josh Alper on March 13, 2023, 7:00 PM EDT
      After the 49ers lost both of their quarterbacks to injuries during the NFC Championship Game, there was discussion of bringing back the league’s former rule allowing for an emergency quarterback to be available on gamedays.The NFL announced on Monday that the Lions have formally proposed a rule that would allow for that third quarterback to [more]
      Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• I actually like all the Lions' proposals

Comment

• I was thinking the same but Spotrac has the details up and Sutton’s cap but in year 1 is just $3.3M - with just a $1.1M base. Base salary jumps to $10m over the following two years and they have voidable years on the backend of the contract.

Comment

• So Walker's restructure covers Sutton's first year?

Comment

• And then some, according to the Spotrac details. His cap hit jumps to $12M next year.

Cameron Sutton contract and salary cap details, full contract breakdowns, salaries, signing bonus, roster bonus, dead money, and valuations.

Comment

• Yeah l, it's 3.3, 12, 12, 2, 2 with the last two as dead money. So depending on how Anzalone's deal is structured year one might be around that 1.7m-2m range. That's why I said the 5m from Walker basically covers those two. Give or take a little. Or Sutton and Buggs if you prefer to look at it that way but I was going off of the deals done that day.

Comment

• Lions have resigned OL Matt Nelson, per multiple reports.

Comment

• YES!!!! Thats the one i've been waiting for
                    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
                      YES!!!! Thats the one i've been waiting for
                      I dont remember him being all that great? Sure you need backups on the OL but he struck me as a jag.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
                        YES!!!! Thats the one i've been waiting for
                        Championship!
                        I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• They didn't tender Nelson, so they must have given him JAG money.

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post

Championship!
                            Hell yeah!!!!’
                            F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by BJK View Post
                              Lions have resigned OL Matt Nelson, per multiple reports.
                              Lions re-sign Matt Nelson

Posted by Josh Alper on March 14, 2023, 10:16 AM EDT

Getty Images

The Lions did not tender tackle Matt Nelson as a restricted free agent, but he won’t be joining a new team this offseason.

The team announced on Tuesday that they have re-signed Nelson. No terms of the deal were disclosed.

Nelson joined the Lions after going undrafted as a defensive lineman out of Iowa. He spent his rookie year on the practice squad while learning his new position and then played in 16 games during the 2020 season. He made 11 starts in 2021 and then returned to a reserve role for his 13 appearances during the 2022 season.

The Lions have also re-signed defensive lineman Isaiah Buggs and linebacker Alex Anzalone over the last couple of days. They also agreed to sign free agent cornerback Cam Sutton on Monday.

Comment

• The Detroit Lions are bringing back their versatile defensive back after a bounceback season.

Comment

Working...
                                X