Lions News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mainevent View Post
    Yeah, odds are that Anzalone number is more like 2 years with $10-12M guaranteed. We'll see. Not a surprised he's back, but that's looking like a hefty raise. If he plays like he did especially down the stretch last year, that's fine.
    Honestly it’s not a bad contract. He played really well last season for stretches. We still need a major upgrade there but I think it’s smart.
    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Whitley View Post
      Expect more cap moves? HV to be cut?
      If they do then it’ll be because they’re drafting a OG which I hope they do. But i think they’ll keep him. Sewell likes playing next to him
      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• I was hoping the Lions would look to someone like Azeez Al-shaair. We need another LB.
        F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post

Honestly it’s not a bad contract. He played really well last season for stretches. We still need a major upgrade there but I think it’s smart.
          He received back to back 1 year contracts for $1.75M and $2.25M. It's a hefty raise based on 1 (or most of 1) good year. Even if he bombs out I assume they'll be able to get out of it after 2 years if they need to. They like him, he fits what they want to do and fills that hole in the starting lineup. Continuity is an underrated thing. But there's a reason he was on the market for those 1 year deals.

By comparison, Quincy Williams from the Jets who's two years younger than AA got 3/$18M with $9M guaranteed.

Comment

• I figured they would move MRod into AAs spot and draft a new LB....I thought they may need to get more athletic at the position but I guess they would rather go with familiarity.

Comment

• Originally posted by Whitley View Post
              Expect more cap moves? HV to be cut?
              Someone please correct me if I’m forgetting a player, but I’m surprised that Brockers is the only cap casualty/ restructured contract this offseason.

Big V, R Okwara, and C Harris are still on the team. I expected at least one would be gone to help create cap space. Nope.
              AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• That's not awful for Anzalone at all. Paying him to mostly be JAG, and not at all hard to move on from if he reverts to his below replacement level form.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post

Someone please correct me if I’m forgetting a player, but I’m surprised that Brockers is the only cap casualty/ restructured contract this offseason.

Big V, R Okwara, and C Harris are still on the team. I expected at least one would be gone to help create cap space. Nope.
                  I suspect they'll be restructured if necessary.

Comment

• AA is a culture guy, too. He’s a perfectly fine player.

Comment

• Originally posted by The King View Post
                      AA is a culture guy, too. He’s a perfectly fine player.
                      Yep. A good football player and a solid piece of the puzzle.
                      I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post

Yep. A good football player and a solid piece of the puzzle.
                        They can still draft a guy to groom and relieve AA on obvious passing dows. This would be a good time for a young guy to learn under AA.

Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• and it takes the pressure off Holmes for having to draft a LB early...he can do his later round thing and hopefully find another MRod/Houston.

Comment

• Lions restructured Tracy Walker to free up 5m. That's probably roughly the year one cap hits for Sutton and Anzalone.

Comment

• Originally posted by JGSpartan View Post
                              Lions restructured Tracy Walker to free up 5m. That's probably roughly the year one cap hits for Sutton and Anzalone.
                              Maybe AA, Buggs and Reynolds, but Sutton's deal averages 11 mil/yr. I suppose they could have structured it that way (back loaded) but I don't think they'd push that much money into future years
                              Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Lions propose allowing a third coach’s challenge if either of the first two is successful

Posted by Michael David Smith on March 14, 2023, 5:02 AM EDT
                                The Lions want coaches to have more opportunities to challenge missed calls.A proposal submitted to the league by the Lions would allow coaches to make a third challenge if either of the first two challenges is successful. Under current NFL rules, a coach can only throw his challenge flag a third time if both of [more]

Comment

Working...
                                X