No announcement yet.

Lions News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Because he adds nothing to the team. He's hit his ceiling, and that ceiling is not particularly great. Campbell and the coaching staff clearly (thankfully) hadn't forgotten the dude already had his chance to show what he could do when the games mattered, and was clearly outclassed. Hard work only takes you so far, and at some point, you need to have the talent to hang with the big boys.

Kennedy simply doesn't have what it takes.
    Last edited by chemiclord; August 30, 2022, 07:07 PM.

Comment

• Also, they run a vertical, playaction and power run scheme. Hes just not a good fit as a small receiver lacking speed.

He's also not remarkable on special teams. Not sure where that's coming from.

Comment

• Everyone knew the Raiders drafted Alex Leatherwood a round too early. It was a terrible pick and he’s been released. The Lions need another backup T and he’s exactly the longterm project we should be looking at. He could get buried in the depth chart and learn the position.

I hope the Lions take a run at him
        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Looks like Blough is now cut and lions are signing QB Nate Sudfeld of the 49ers. He has only thrown for 188 yards since 2017, so you now know just how poor Blough was and how unimportant preseason games are.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
            Everyone knew the Raiders drafted Alex Leatherwood a round too early. It was a terrible pick and he’s been released. The Lions need another backup T and he’s exactly the longterm project we should be looking at. He could get buried in the depth chart and learn the position.

With the current Rookie cap it really doesn't cost much in the long run to work on developmental guy for a couple of years if you reach. Hell for QBs you see people popping in the top 10 for QBs who need serious bench time (Lance and Fields). You don't cut a 1st round draft pick before year 2 unless they have a lot of issues. If anything you keep them till after the third year to hide your incompetence and then say hey sorry it's not working out and trade him for a peanut to a team desperate for depth thinking they could resurrect the player.

Raiders can do this because of the staff change. But even then how many staffs are going to let go of a mid first round pick after a single off-season experience with them? This guy has to be either an absolute terrible player or person.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
              Everyone knew the Raiders drafted Alex Leatherwood a round too early. It was a terrible pick and he’s been released. The Lions need another backup T and he’s exactly the longterm project we should be looking at. He could get buried in the depth chart and learn the position.

Nah man. He's terrible and isn't the type of guy this coaching staff endears itself to. He doesn't work on his craft and he has not gotten any better with his technique. At one point he had a PFF rating of 30. Hard Pass
              Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• At least Eze works on his and is new to the game. But he's willing. Alex seemed to think because he played at Ala that he was anointed. But no-one told the defenders...
                Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Steinberg was garbage too the fist few years we drafted him and now he’s playing well looking for a spot
                  F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post
                    At least Eze works on his and is new to the game. But he's willing. Alex seemed to think because he played at Ala that he was anointed. But no-one told the defenders...
                    Agreed on him not working on his craft but the kid has talent. He needs to rebound from this. I’d sign him in a heartbeat and bury him down the depth chart
                    F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Who you cutting to make room?

Comment

• Lions cut David Blough, leaving no backup quarterback behind Jared Goff for now

Posted by Michael David Smith on August 31, 2022, 6:34 AM EDT

Getty Images

The Lions no longer have a backup quarterback.

After the Lions cut one of their backup quarterbacks, Tim Boyle, they’re cutting the other one, David Blough. That leaves Jared Goff as the only quarterback currently on the Lions’ 53-man roster.

Obviously, Goff won’t be the only quarterback on the roster when the season starts, so the Lions must already know of another quarterback they’re going to bring into the fold. Ian Rapoport of NFL Network reports that the Lions plan to sign former 49ers backup Nate Sudfeld.

The Lions’ decision to head into Year 2 of the Brad Holmes/Dan Campbell regime with only Goff and no viable backup at quarterback was surprising: Most people thought when the Lions traded Matthew Stafford for Goff and two first-round picks that they’d draft a quarterback who could develop for the long term while Goff played in the short term.

Instead, the Lions are without a backup quarterback. At least until the transaction wire comes out this afternoon.

Comment

• Wow. I hope they look beyond them to get someone that could step in and finish a game or lead us for a few games if needed.

Comment

• Nate Sudfeld from Indiana University. I went to a Michigan vs Indiana game that he started in 2015. Harbaugh’s first season. A game where Indiana almost beat Michigan because Jordan Howard went off.

Seems like Sudfeld could be slightly better than Blough, but not a notable difference. I wonder if Blough’s knee injury is more of a factor to this. Blough needing time to heal up? Well…again, you could say the Lions are making a slight upgrade at that position from Blough to Sudfeld.
                            AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• I'm surprised they made the cut. One of the articles I read mentioned the Practice Squad for Blough.
                              #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Originally posted by -Deborah- View Post
                                One of the articles I read mentioned the Practice Squad for Blough.

unless someone claims him

Hahahahahha
                                F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X