Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dre Bly is new CB coach

​​​​​​https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...erbacks-coach/
    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• That Jeff Seidel article makes no sense. If Goff has another great year his price will skyrocket, therefore they must find a franchise quarterback. Huh? The Lions improvement has probably meant an increase in page clicks and more Lion articles, but the Windsor and Seidel articles are too much.

Comment

• Report: Aaron Glenn is expected to meet with Cardinals again

Posted by Josh Alper on February 2, 2023, 12:45 PM EST

Getty Images

There are two head coaching searches currently going on in the NFL and Lions defensive coordinator Aaron Glenn is involved in both of them.

Josina Anderson of CBS Sports reports that Glenn is expected to have a second meeting with the Cardinals about their head coaching vacancy. Glenn had his first interview with the team last month.

Glenn is also slated for a second interview with the Colts, although their hiring process is expected to move into a third round of interviews before the team makes any hire.

Steelers linebackers coach Brian Flores, Broncos defensive coordinator Ejiro Evero, Bengals defensive coordinator Lou Anarumo, Giants offensive coordinator Mike Kafka, Bengals offensive coordinator Brian Callahan, and Arizona’s current defensive coordinator Vance Joseph are others who are still believed to be in the mix for the Cardinals job.
        Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Arizona Cardinals vs Detroit Lions

Lions mailbag: Breaking down the hiring of TE coach Steve Heiden

By Jeremy Reisman
          Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
            Dre Bly is new CB coach

​​​​​​https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...erbacks-coach/
            Love to see Dre Bly is back. One of my favorite Lions players from the 2000s.

Now the Lions should go get him some highly talented CBs to coach up. At minimum 2 new CBs for the final 53 man roster.
            AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• I like that Dan said that he was looking for someone who could not only tell the players what to do, but to also show them what to do......Dre was an excellent player and would be great if he could turn Okudah around into more of a playmaker.

Comment

• I’m happy for Duce, he’s going to make a helluva HC one day. It really sucks that he’s leaving but it’s the business. His fire will be missed like crazy. I hope they find someone good to replace him with.

I met Bly a few years back overseas. He was cool as hell, nice addition.
                F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post

I was watching a podcast and they intimated that it may be a good psition to bring Steve Wilkes in. Make him DC and Ast Head Coach. He certainly has the same mindset as DC.
                  Wilkes would be a fantastic hire for anyone. he’s a good coach
                  F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• I think Wilkes is going to San Fran.

Comment

• I went to the Detroit Zoo when my kids were small on Christmas break. Nobody goes there during the day, but the animals are all out. Dre Bly had the same idea with his kids and they were almost the only other people we saw walking around.

Comment

• Get Sheila on the phone with her check book like she did with Ben Johnson.
                        F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• COLLEGE FOOTBALL: FEB 01 Reese’s Senior Bowl Practice

Senior Bowl 2023 Day 3 practices: Lives updates, open thread

By Jeremy Reisman

Comment

• Former Pro Bowl CB Dre' Bly joining Lions' staff as cornerbacks coach

Justin Rogers

The Detroit News

Allen Park — The Detroit Lions are bringing back a familiar face to coach the team's cornerbacks next season, hiring former Pro Bowler Dre' Bly.

"I’m excited to announce that I have joined the Detroit Lions as the Cornerbacks Coach!," Bly tweeted. "Thank you to Mrs. Sheila Ford Hamp and the rest of the Ford Family, DC Aaron Glen, GM Brad Holmes and HC Dan Campbell for an opportunity to come back home! #DetroitLions#OnePride Let’s Go!"

Bly, a second-round pick in the 1999 NFL Draft, played 11 seasons in the NFL, including four with the Lions from 2003-06. In Detroit, the playmaking cornerback earned Pro Bowl honors in both 2003 and 2004, tallying 19 total interceptions during his time with the franchise.

For his career, Bly racked up an impressive 43 interceptions and broke up 150 passes. For the past four years, he has been coaching the cornerbacks at his alma mater, the University of North Carolina. He left that position in January.

"We all love Dre' Bly and appreciate what he means to the University of North Carolina as a Hall of Famer, an unbelievable advocate for the program, and an excellent coach," Tar Heels coach Mack Brown said last month. "Dre' and I mutually agreed to part ways so that he could explore other opportunities in the coaching profession. We appreciate everything he's done for the program over the last few years and wish him nothing but the best moving forward."

Bly got his start in coaching as an intern with the New Orleans Saints in 2017. That means he briefly overlapped with Lions coach Dan Campbell both there and as players in Detroit, during the 2006 season.

The Lions fired defensive backs coach Aubrey Pleasant in the middle of last season, with safeties coach Brian Duker taking on an expanded role leading the secondary down the stretch. Defensive assistant Addison Lynch also spent more time working with the position group at the end of the season.

Lynch since has left the team, while Duker will presumably drift back to working more exclusively with the safeties following the addition of Bly.

Bly is the latest move in Detroit's coaching staff shuffle this offseason. Running backs coach Duce Staley is departing for a role with the Carolina Panthers staff, while Steve Heiden is being brought in to coach the team's tight ends.

jdrogers@detroitnews.com

Twitter: @Justin_Rogers

"I hope to see the Lions in the Super Bowl before I die"
                            My friend Ken L

Comment

• Originally posted by ghandi View Post
                              I like that Dan said that he was looking for someone who could not only tell the players what to do, but to also show them what to do......Dre was an excellent player and would be great if he could turn Okudah around into more of a playmaker.
                              You can't teach a guy how to be a playmaker - he either is or he isn't.
                              You are talking a skill set that is for the most part instinctual.
                              No doubt if Bly gets his hands on a guy who has those traits - look out.

Comment

• I have no idea if Bly is a good coach - UNC defenses have been epically bad the last couple of seasons but a ton of factors play into that. I trust that Campbell is a pretty good judge of finding guys who fit his culture and can motivate players - he’s not infallible but has had a lot more hits than misses so far.

Comment

Working...
                                X