Lions News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is the same dude who was clamoring for Moonball Mayfield
    Two years ago this month, the Lions got two first-round picks and a third-round pick, both for sending quarterback Matthew Stafford to the Rams and taking on the ill-advised contract that L.A. had given to quarterback Jared Goff after the 2018 season. It felt like a two-year arrangement in Detroit, with Goff holding the spot [more]

Comment

• I’ve been very critical of Goff but I can’t complain about his play over the second half of the season. I’m just worried about that Ben Johnson and Carolina link. Regardless, draft defense and get a serious young unit and this is a playoff team.

Goff is never going to drag you to a Lombardi trophy and I’m not convinced he’s the long term answer but we can roll with him for now.

Comment

• 322061464_1196519887956165_4787643657499004558_n.jpg
        #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom View Post
          Wow, obviously means a lot to him. That’s cool. It’s amazing what this season has meant for all of us. I think I have a glimmer of hope again.
          It sure turned into a fun season. And my enthusiasm for this team, and all the news about them I can find, has returned lol.
          #birdsarentreal

Comment

• I’ve said this before, but Holmes and Campbell are extremely likeable dudes, certainly the most likeable combo the Lions have hired that I can ever recall. So while you always want whoever the Lions hire to be successful, it’s so easy to root for these guys and be fired up to see them succeed.

Comment

• I think they will be fine if they lose Johnson to Carolina. It would be a good thing for the Lions to have a coordinator get poached to be a head coach. I don't remember that ever happening.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mainevent View Post
                I’ve said this before, but Holmes and Campbell are extremely likeable dudes, certainly the most likeable combo the Lions have hired that I can ever recall. So while you always want whoever the Lions hire to be successful, it’s so easy to root for these guys and be fired up to see them succeed.
                To me you have to go back, to the Wayne years to even get close. Since then it's been a parade of joyless people being very insecure.

Comment

• Originally posted by Forsh View Post
                  I wonder what happens with Tracy Walker. If he's healthy, he probably is still better than Joseph, altho Joseph costs much less and has a nose for the ball. Still ... is either a run stuffing safety? Can't really play them both plus Elliott
                  Some defensive configurations have 3 safeties, but I can't see Kerby-Jo or Walker coming off the bench. I like Elliot, but IDK if he's better then those other two. Walker struggles were with covering TEs. He's ok but I think Elliot is better. Walker is the best tackler of the three.
                  Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                    This is the same dude who was clamoring for Moonball Mayfield
                    And Malik Willis, And Kenny Pickett, And....

He's a purple people lover so take it with a grain of salt.

He isn't alone, the QB talk is hust beginning this offseason. I am going to try to handle it better this year. But, you would think with the good year Goff had some people would get off his back.
                    Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Looking at the stats what really stands out to me is one thing....turnovers

9 WIns +15
                      8 losses -8
                      8-2 stretch +12
                      1-6 stretch -5

If the Lions were a -7 for the season instead of a +7, they probably win 5 games...thats how important that stat is.......Sometimes you force your own luck, sometimes it is pure luck....next year the turnovers may not fall the Lions way....what's encouraging is the Lions forced more as the season went on...will that continue into next year? who knows
                      Last edited by ghandi; January 12, 2023, 11:50 AM.

Comment

• Once the defense proved they could get a few stops in a game, the Goff turnovers went away and Campbell was more likely to take points. It's hard to run an offense when you think you might have to score every possession. You start to take a lot of risks. The New England game was the biggest example. They went 0 for 6 on 4th downs and Goff had bad turnovers trying to play hero ball.

Comment

• Aidan Hutchinson is the defensive rookie of the month

Posted by Josh Alper on January 12, 2023, 9:04 AM EST

Getty Images

Lions defensive end Aidan Hutchinson‘s first NFL season ended without a trip to the postseason, but he was a big reason why the team was still hoping to land one in the final week of the regular season.

Hutchinson wrapped up the year with 21 tackles, four sacks, an interception, and a fumble recovery in the final six games of the season. That helped the Lions win five of those games and it helped Hutchinson pick up an award on Thursday.

The NFL announced that Hutchinson is the final defensive rookie of the month for the 2022 season.

Hutchinson finished the year with 52 tackles, 9.5 sacks, three interceptions, and two fumble recoveries, which should make him a strong contender for the league’s defensive rookie of the year award as well.

Comment

• Maybe Sauce doesnt have DRotY sewn up? thats back to back for Hutchinson.

Comment

• Texans complete interview with Ben Johnson

Posted by Josh Alper on January 12, 2023, 2:05 PM EST

USA Today Sports

Lions offensive coordinator Ben Johnson had his first head coaching interview on Thursday.

The Texans announced on Thursday afternoon that they have completed an interview with Johnson. The interview was virtual as teams cannot start holding in-person interviews with currently employed coaches until after the Wild Card round is over.

Johnson was promoted to offensive coordinator this year and the Lions had one of the league’s most productive offenses with him calling the shots. That has made him a popular target in this year’s coaching searches as the Panthers and Colts have also requested interviews with him.

Johnson is the first candidate to interview with the Texans. 49ers defensive coordinator DeMeco Ryans, Eagles defensive coordinator Jonathan Gannon, Broncos defensive coordinator Ejiro Evero, Giants offensive coordinator Mike Kafka, and Rams assistant head coach Thomas Brown are also on their list of interview requests.

Comment

• Originally posted by ghandi View Post
                                Maybe Sauce doesnt have DRotY sewn up? thats back to back for Hutchinson.
                                Sauce is likely a first team all pro, 2nd team at worst. Hard to compete with that.

Comment

Working...
                                X