OT: Technology and Geek Stuff Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Step on it very hard.
    I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tony G View Post
      got my new phone today. I want to sell the old one back. I can get almost 30 for it which is better than me using it for a doorstop. Anyone have any ideas on the best way to clear all my data from it?
      [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZ8HrgXaWuU"]Shotgun vs droid razr maxx - YouTube[/ame]
      2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

• Just to input more into the XP support. The biggest issue with using XP after the date is that XP, vista, 7, and 8 all share a lot of the same vulnerabilities. The first set of security updates for the rest basically give a blue print of security holes for hackers. Its almost like MS giving hackers code to hack XP. Its not just firewall holes either.

On top of that almost all XP machines are used with Admin access for regular usage. At least vista up you have uac. That means that its much easier to install a bot or worm.

Comment

• Google search your phone model and factory default ... you'll find it.
          WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• Thanks, Forsh!
            Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Alternatively, Tony...

2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

• Originally posted by Forsh View Post
                Repeat question ... anybody know a way to use swype style typing on an iPad?
                Not me Forsh.
                To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Well I successfully removed Norton from both of my puters and installed AVG and Zonealarm on both.

Took a lot longer than expected but, they are both now protected and operating normally.
                  I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Grolsch time

Good work MM.
                    19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• CG - biggest issue is that MS stops supporting it and so will any and every software vendor that makes software for the Windows OS. I would honestly recommend upgrading to Windows 7. It is much robust, stable, and flat out runs better.
                      Got Kneecaps?

Comment

• Originally posted by Coop View Post
                        CG - biggest issue is that MS stops supporting it and so will any and every software vendor that makes software for the Windows OS. I would honestly recommend upgrading to Windows 7. It is much robust, stable, and flat out runs better.
                        I hear you Coop. I think for many people who only use their computer for checking out Facebook etc, just having good aftermarket virus protection would be a hell of a lot cheaper than buying a new OS or new computer.

I think it is a much a way for Microsoft to sell new shit as anything else.
                        I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Agreed - although virus/malware and browser based threats are probably bigger concern there.
                          Got Kneecaps?

Comment

• "I think it is a much a way for Microsoft to sell new shit as anything else."
                            ----------------------------Yep!
                            GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

• there is a point when companies stop fixing their old stuff. 13 years for an OS is probably like 40 for a car. At some point they aren't going to have your part on the shelf anywhere
                              Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post

I think it is a much a way for Microsoft to sell new shit as anything else.
                                MS is really ramping up their business audits too. They are focusing on audits for licensing compliance now more than ever, and like all audits, they WILL find something. The license rules are so complex it is nearly impossible to be in full compliance no matter how well you think you are doing as a business. We got nailed for about $70k of "out of compliance" problems where the rules changed over the years or whatever other crap they could make up.

Comment

Working...
                                X