No announcement yet.

OT: Technology and Geek Stuff Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sprint is terrible. I have friends who are joining a class action suit against them.

As for the "fastest"...I can't comment. Below is the SpeedTest I just did on my phone. At these speeds, I can't imagine I'd care if anyone was faster.

#birdsarentreal

Comment

• EVERYONE KNOWS that Sprint and TMOB were the bottom end of carriers. They knew it too. Its why they were the only two to go on spectrum buying binges to increase their presence. TMOB has been building out that spectrum like mad. Sprint has the cash flow to just try and buy it all when its ready.
      19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Originally posted by -Deborah- View Post
        Sprint is terrible. I have friends who are joining a class action suit against them.

As for the "fastest"...I can't comment. Below is the SpeedTest I just did on my phone. At these speeds, I can't imagine I'd care if anyone was faster.

great speed incredible speed horrible ping time though

i would take 1/4 the speed and much lower latency
        Brand New Detroit Lions

Comment

• Because....? Not sure how the ping figures in unless I'm online gaming or something on my phone?
          #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Fairly high pings on Verizon's LTE too. I doubt any mobile networks ping is going to be as good as cable or fiber. As deb said unless you're tethering or gaming I really haven't noticed an issue with the higher pings.
            Last edited by Hyatari; December 31, 2013, 07:20 PM.

Comment

• Re: OT: Technology and Geek Stuff Thread

Speed test on Verizon I just ran.
              Attached Files

Comment

• Nice!!
                #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Originally posted by -Deborah- View Post
                  Because....? Not sure how the ping figures in unless I'm online gaming or something on my phone?

if you just browse on your phone etc you might not notice it

I spend use my phone to tether to my notebook for onsite work, and the vpn into our network.

email no issue, soft phone major issues, watching video's while bored can be painful if latency is high. running enterprise apps over a latent network just adds to the frustrations.

I am not saying your service sucks or anything.

70ms is kinda a defacto standard for most apps to work right.

47MB down with 7MB up for Hytari,,, sheesh... I get 12down and 5 up with 35-50ms latency
                  Brand New Detroit Lions

Comment

• tech support question, I am unable to make a character show up twice when I strike the key twice. example, if I want to type the name of the place Neil Armstrong landed, I only get mon, even though I hit the O key twice. WTF?
                    Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Go to the Control Panel and then Keyboard. Take a look at the Speed tab.
                      #birdsarentreal

Comment

• repeat delay is about 1/3 slow
                        repeat rate is one hundred percent fast
                        I'm on windows 7
                        Moving either or both does nothing
                        Last edited by Tony G; December 31, 2013, 08:05 PM.
                        Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• finally found it. in "Ease of access" there's a setting called filter keys that had it locked down

Comment

• Cool!!
                            #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Some homes had no phone at all.

Comment

Working...
                                X