OT: Technology and Geek Stuff Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Our family drove out and did a 3 week trip in a pop up camper in '77."
    -------------------Our trip(friends) was a three week excursion as well. It encompassed several states. Montana was my favorite. :-).

GO LIONS "11" !
    GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

• Originally posted by DanO View Post
      "Our family drove out and did a 3 week trip in a pop up camper in '77."
      -------------------Our trip(friends) was a three week excursion as well. It encompassed several states. Montana was my favorite. :-).

GO LIONS "11" !
      I knew there was a reason I liked you, DanO. :D
      2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

• Originally posted by THE STEE View Post
        are digital zoom lens' for a srdigital any different from a sr lens? I have eight different zoom lens for my sr camera... can they be used for a sr digital? Am going to Yellowstone in sept and taking a hot air balloon ride.. wanted to get some kick ass pics
        Lucky Dog!

Originally posted by Tony G View Post
        If you are driving, the route out through the black hills and the badlands is awesome
        Totally agree!

Originally posted by THE STEE View Post
        we are flyin-- renting a car --balloon ride over the tetons then to yellowstone and Red Lodge(ahem) doing a white water raft and staying at the old faithful inn.. nine day trip, really looking forward to the beartooth drive.. should be a great trip
        Lucky, lucky dog!

Originally posted by DanO View Post
        "Our family drove out and did a 3 week trip in a pop up camper in '77."

GO LIONS "11" !
        We did it tenting. Lifetime memories.
        I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• This is the best website on the net........, I love reading all this stuff......., lodges and grizzly bars etc......., I'm emmigrating to America.
          "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• I'm still trying to decide on the cellphone issue. With my current provider, it'd currently be a choice between Nexus S ($50 on 3 year contract with my fido dollars) and iphone4 ($100 on 3 year with my dollars discount). Delaying a ton cuz I'd rather not get stuck with substandard phone when Galaxy S2 (looks incredible) and iphone5 should be out soon. I was in a best buy type store comparing demos of the Nexus S and iphone4 last week ... actually like the Nexus better until it came to the resolution on the web browsers. That retina display with the iphone4 is the absolute shit. It's basically like a 1080p TV whereas the Nexus would be the comparative 720p. The clarity!!
            WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• I would avoid a 3 yr contract no matter what
              Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• oh sweet marry 3 years...

I've heard good things about people getting a contract free set up from Virgin Mobile. 25$ a month gets you unlimited text/web but only 300 talk minutes. The trick is though they set up a google voice account and do their phone calls through google voice which is over the internet and doesn't use talk minutes (free different phone number that works through any android phone I think).

You will need to get your phone somehow though. They have a pretty good LG android phone for $200.

Anyhow I would research this avenue more if I were starting new service.
                Last edited by nhwbrooklyn; April 26, 2011, 07:26 PM.
                Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• I'm not that worried about a 3 year deal cuz it'll get me a really good phone at low low price ... just figure that since it's my first smartphone (plus the 3 year thing), might as well wait for the best deal possible. Then again, I've been using a flip phone, so of course any of the options will be better.

I'd be wary of virgin mobile. A buddy I know got an iphone4 hooked up through virgin. His phone worked for about 2 weeks and for the last 2 months he's been trying to get them to explain why he hasn't had any cell service. Phone still works great but with no network it's just a little game toy.

Oh well. I'm in Canada, so my provider has been FIDO for the last however many years. I have CITYFIDO which is basically unlimited local talk and text. Deal I would get on data plan is basically $60 for that CITYFIDO + unlimited pic and text messaging, voicemail, call display and 500mb data. Alternatively, I could get 6GB (basically unlimited) data plus the CITYFIDO and voicemail/call display for $75.

There's a newer company here now called mobilicity that has an offer of $35 per month for unlimited talk, text, call display and unlimited data. I'll inquire but am wary of their network coverage as well as the reliability of the company. Also wonder how fast their data coverage will be.
                  WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• I would not get a 3 year contract. The cheaper phone costs will not cover the difference of being locked in a rate and service that will only get cheaper.
                    Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• forsh - iphone 5 lools like it will be a 3gs.

minimal improvement

don't let that hold you back.
                      Got Kneecaps?

Comment

• Originally posted by nhwbrooklyn View Post
                        oh sweet marry 3 years...

I've heard good things about people getting a contract free set up from Virgin Mobile. 25$ a month gets you unlimited text/web but only 300 talk minutes. The trick is though they set up a google voice account and do their phone calls through google voice which is over the internet and doesn't use talk minutes (free different phone number that works through any android phone I think).

You will need to get your phone somehow though. They have a pretty good LG android phone for $200.

Anyhow I would research this avenue more if I were starting new service.

That's an LG Optimus V...very low end Android.
                        "Low on the totem, till he showed 'em defiance, giant scrotum"

Comment

• My mom's PC has Best Malware Protection virus on it. Unfortunately she lives about 5 1/2 hours away so I can't just go fix it for her. Been reading on the net about the best way to remove it. There's a couple of different ways, but was wondering if anybody has had this virus and how did they remove it?
                          It's so flat you can watch your dog run away for three days.

Comment

• Kansaw - she needs to install Malwarebytes, update it's database, and run a scan. It's be best Antimalware product I've used.
                            Got Kneecaps?

Comment

• She's got Spybot S&D on there. will that work as good?
                              It's so flat you can watch your dog run away for three days.

Comment

• I've had mixed results with Spybod S&D. try it.
                                Got Kneecaps?

Comment

Working...
                                X